125 xmax

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by Bonnie63, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Bonnie63

Bonnie63 New Member

I have a 125 xmax and I'm looking into ways I can improve the performance and even the looks, is there anything out there? shop guys are suggesting start with a sport exhaust( akrapovic) but they so fekkin expensive! any tips?

2. Snek

Snek New Member

Well, it's a 4 stroke 125cc so there's not a great amount you can do. Where as 2 strokes can be tuned to a greater amount, and the power increase if often more noticeable. An after-market exhaust system should improve throttle response, and give a little increase in both low-mid range RPM's. You can also fit lighter rollers for better take off and acceleration. Then you can move onto increasing air-flow along with jetting, which both allow the scooter to run better and may offer a noticeable gain.

3. Bonnie63

Bonnie63 New Member

Hi and thanks for that, Ive been told that a Malossi or J Costa multivariator kit, Kevlar drive belt and a maxi delta adjustable clutch might also help, I'm not massively into the mechanics of the whole thing but I'll be looking into it all a bit more. Once again thanks for your reply and input. Ride Safely

4. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    honest opionon would be fit a pipe at most for the sound

if you dont want it loud leave it alone

on a 4 stroke youl be throwing good money at nothing. tune 2 strokes or go bigger cc in 4 stokes its as simple as that really bud

the parts you list offer no power gains, they might allow it to accelerate a little sharper but slightly lighter rollers might have a similar effect. youl see no power gains from them tho

5. Bonnie63

Bonnie63 New Member

Thanks for that, really 'preciate the input, so I guess the reality is there's not a great deal to be done to a 4 stroke then?...I was hoping to be able to do stuff to make it less generic, I saw a yellow Tmax on youtube that had sweet looking carbon panels ( not sure if they were actual carbon, they coulda been wrapped) and that's what made me think about tinkering with mine...not sure if I wanna buy an Akrapovic can just for a beefier sound though