125/180 Performance exhausts

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by Jefr0-180, Feb 4, 2009.

1. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    thing is, you can have a pipe made cheaper than buying a 59....

if money's no object you wouldent be using one.. simple as. the ONLY reason there so popular is because everyones got one.. kindof like runners, there shit, but because everyones got one people love em

2. Mehmet

Mehmet Active Member

Rides:
    AUDI A3
    Very true,

How long does it take to get a pipe made?

How much u recon would cost ?

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    well, depending on who does it and how busy thety are your looking at about 20/30 hours at best guess (going by the cost of them vs labour, never made one so could be more could be less)

so ye, if there not busy around a week turnround on a desighn (it took 3 days for my titanium nsr pipe to be made, big cash tho) and ye, cheaper than a pm...

finding somone in the uk to do one is another mater tho..

4. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

You're looking at about £288 (at the current exchange rate) without shipping for one of the best scooter exhaust builders in Europe.

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
  6. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

DPR. Could find out about roost too and i'm guessing it wouldn't be far off the same price.

7. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

You'd have to know what your engines telling ya to give them specs and something to go by wouldn't ya? Like, easy for minor to give them info if ya know what I mean.

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    tis easy... tell them the engine and any mods.. everythign else they should know, if not they sure as hell wont have an engine lying about to mock your pipe up with.

literally.. can jus tell them its a 172 with no mods, you will get similar to a pm55.. if you go a little higher on the exhaust port you get a 59 but wihtout the curl (ye there prity similar except the effective length of the 59 is shorter hence the revvy/narrow powerband)
    the pipes are STRAIGHT out of a textbook calculator. roy bacon wrote the program alot of people use to this day. well, the core calculations for a program anyway (if you have some 20 year old computer/emulator you can write the code in and programm it yourself, all the code's in the back of his book)

see, pipe's are somthing i still havent got my head around, and untill i have a roller and improve my welding skills i doubt i will. but ye, theory is sound. anyone prittymuch can work out pipe dimentions for your engine, turning it from a straight pipe into somthing that fits on your scoot is another mater tho.

9. shiny red

shiny red New Member

custom built zhaust to your barrel (so it works)its british sexy as fuck they are on this forum ,FASTEST SCOOTER IN THE WORLD(the real one) ring any bells :drool:

10. Purplepill

Purplepill Member

*catches breath, drys eyes* That was perfect. :whistle:

11. Blue dwarf

Blue dwarf New Member

Yep we can do that and it`ll cost less than £350 that`s for sure, heck i`m chargeing less than the price of the Jolly Moto for a pair of custom matched pipes for a twin engined 125 (read 250cc) in a typhoon frame (but that`s at a discount cos it`s a bit special).

Turn around for a custom single pipe to your specs should be about two weeks.

Price depends on the complexity of the build not the tuning of the engine eg. if it`s a standard frame and standard fitting and it has`nt got to clear any after market parts like wider wheels or altered frames.

At the moment the configeration is aimed at runner/dragster applications as we have engines to use use as fitting jigs, anything exotic we`d need the whole scoot in the workshop to build to fit.

Now for the most important bit:

When we start to build (I wont say go into production because EVERY pipe is one off and built to spec) each individual will have to supply accurate and honest specs as to the engine.
    No guess work or hyped figures as this is to your (general figure of speach) benefit as well as ours, we dont want to build a pipe that dosn`t work for you, you`ll be dis-appointed and we`ll get a bad rep.
    Specs needed will be asked before a build and we`ll liase to try to help if you`re not that technically minded.

Plans are in place to build a generic pipe to suit a few configerations I.E a std 52mm crank/172 non ported engine (basically a bolt-on) and maybe a stroker 172 non-ported engine (54/55mm crank with different header lengths for the different strokes/port timings involved) but any deviation from the std Malossi 172 porting will need a bespoke pipe.

Pipes will be either single or double skinned flanges (depending on application) and all will need matching to the barrel as they will be significantly larger than the std Malossi exhaust exit, all will be made of ductile and maleable low carbon mild steel and TIG welded and non will be "E" marked.
    All will be bare metal (industrial if you like) finish but will be clear laquered (normal warning about rust etc. blah blah applies).
    Silencers will be a generic silver alloy finish but options are open to supply your own end can (slight discount if you do ;-)

Non will be guaranteed and all are "for race use only" but we think anyone that requests an exhaust from us is responsible enough to realise this so they will not be stamped as such.

Now please don`t fill my inbox with requests just yet, this is to give a general outline of what is/will be available in the near future.

With Minor`s permission I`ll post when we are ready to start taking a few orders and then we`ll deal with it on a one to one basis with each request.

Thanks.

12. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Sweet sounds good, will be a few months yet but may get in touch with ya for something a bit different ;)

13. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

tdr lads u will be deffo getting a call when my engine is more built up i am so willing to pay for a decent pipe as its pain in the bum to find a decent one that will fit my a/c lump and i refuse to by a shitty pm

14. seanwhite06

seanwhite06 New Member

Rides:
    runner 172, zx6r
    few more parts on the runner, then i will deffo be coming your way tdr boys! :D

i would get it chromed aswell!! set it off proper!! :punk: :D

15. typh70

typh70 New Member

really seriouslyy
    i reckon shiny should start producing a pipe that looks and performs just like a pm59 but in better quality
    he would make a killing

16. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

the guy on runner.net who recently built a twin 125 typhoon ?

17. reddwarf

reddwarf New Member

No its not for that one ,its for another twin 125 lc (250cc )
    Seems like every one is having twins at the moment? :D :D

18. reddwarf

reddwarf New Member

Why would you make apipe that has the same performance as another pipe
    you want one to be better dont you?

19. Blue dwarf

Blue dwarf New Member

Not him Kyle, he`s under the name "twin" I believe and he`s built an air cooled 172 twin and it`s going in a lamby frame?

This chap has built a 125 liquid cooled parallel twin (piaggio/runner/dragster engine) in a Typhoon frame and bodywork and it looks stock, in fact it looks like something piaggio should have and might have produced,road going scoot and we`re creating the pipes to look as OEM as possible if they ever made a pair of left hand fat performance expansions that is! :rofl:

(left hand viewed from the front of the scoot! Right hand sat on it)

20. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

sounds imense :drool:

any chance of pics or a link to info/pics please ?