Yamaha Aerox

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by MrWatty, Mar 30, 2012.

1. MrWatty

MrWatty New Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    hellooo all kinda new too the forum just thought id make a topic of my latest rebuild :p
    going in for a engine rebuild with the set up of;
    stage 6 racing MKII
    Yasuni C20
    Pm Tuning full circle crank
    Stage 6 sport pro Variator
    stage 6 Lightened Drive face
    Stage 6 Belt
    Stage 6 adjustable clutch
    PM Tuning gear up
    stock reed block just modded
    just undecided on getting a inner rotor and what carb too get? any ideas? only think putting me off for the inner rotor is i have absoloutley no idea how too set it up. and also im undecided on carb i think 24mm would be over kill really?

so any way heres how it stands at the moment, been spending days polishing fork legs and the water pump cover
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

stage 6 oversize discings ;)
    [​IMG]

gear up kit fitted all back in now though.
    [​IMG]

modded reed block
    [​IMG]

before the strip down i had problems with mounting my side stand might off been this....
    [​IMG]

so took the frame round too a mates too get it welded came out looking like this
    [​IMG]
    should hold up alot better!

so yeaahh im just waiting for too get some money in too start ordering bits! lemme know what you think :p

watty

2. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    looks like it'll be a sick project mate, disc is sexy as fuck, and the polished forks and wheels look cool as a penguin stuck ina fridge :)

you should get a 70 bore on there if you havnt got one already... as for the carb, id go for either a 17.5mm dellorto, or a 21mm one , should be a beast

3. MrWatty

MrWatty New Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    yeeah mate i am, getting the racing MKII soon. my sport pro bores seen its days think its time too get something with a bit more potentiel now

4. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    sounds good mate :) good luck with it..

did u polish the forks up yourself then?

5. MrWatty

MrWatty New Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    yeep, still not happy with them just yet. getting there though! just needs some more auto-sol and a good buff pad easier than I thought as well. one of my mates got his stage 6 racing MKII delivered today dont know if your interested in it but wow such a huge difference too the MKI, havent seen it go yet setting it up later hopefully

Old Stage 6 racing
    [​IMG]

MKII
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. FiddyRox

FiddyRox Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    Welding look really neat, gonna be a nice Ped.

Is the old mk1 kit yours?

7. MrWatty

MrWatty New Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    yeaaah, got given it. got a big score from where the circlips come out of the piston and darmaged exhuast manifold thread , just though itd be nice too have a look at :p

8. FiddyRox

FiddyRox Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    Ah that's a shame, I would have bought it haha

9. SpeedFight-TrueFight

SpeedFight-TrueFight Pug-Way is my Dub-Way :P..

Rides:
    Peugeot Speedfight
    gooona wach this deffo project fro scratch nice so far matee

10. Jimmy yates

Jimmy yates Member

Nice man, What stuff did you use to polish? Is there a starter kit you can get on eBay or something? Never really tryed it and obviously you should laquer it after prevent rust? Also my mate had a aerox with Athena racing 70's, Doppler crank and the 21mm carb ruined the set up, They don't work as good as the 19mm with aerox's ", And for the inner rotor you wanna get a race ignition kit and all that but do you wanna keep the lighting, Horn and stuff, Dopplers ignition is very good that's the one I'm ordering for my aerox project, Hope it goes good and keep us posted!

11. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    This seems to be one of the tough projects if you know what i mean ;) looks nice as far...
    About the carb dont even think of going under 20mm, 21mm will work very well but if you want some crazy specs and some crazy power get the 28mm.. with the 28mm you will open the throttle and the bike will come on the rear wheel :D brap brap braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

12. MrWatty

MrWatty New Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    aha, had it all set up prime before on my 21mm, just curious if anyone's had some expirance with 24mm's on mid race 70s. and @ jimmy nope i just went and got a some 180, 320, 1500,2500 grit and a buff and some autosol worked a treat could be better too be fair. will get a vid up off what it was like soon :)

yeah idea of the inner rotors of for now seeing as i am struggling for money for the set-up as it is, don't wanna fork out 200 buying one then either cocking it up myself or paying some one extortionate amounts to set it up.

picked up some parts this weekend got a transmission cover which ive started stripping/polishing and a white inner leg shield annnd a rear pulley assemably as the thread on my pulleys has gone.

so far with the tranmision cover;
    [​IMG]

my desk....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Stathis

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    dont you already have all the parts??? or you only have the frame?? also the 24mm carb would work like a charm on the 70cc kit aswell ;)

14. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    I hope you've matched the cases to the kit ??

15. MrWatty

MrWatty New Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    There matched too the stage 6 sport pro MK 1 atm although i will be matching them when my cylinder arrives on Wednesday along with a style pro ignition (same as the r set up?) any way the 21mm will be on for now and im just trying too figure out what exhaust now. the c16 seemed the best choice for the old Racing although my friends got a c21 on the MK II and it pulls like nothing I've ever seen I will have too get a video up soon.

16. Stathis

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    there is a thread in the forums somewhere that says what exhaust would fit best ;)

17. MrWatty

MrWatty New Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    ohh havent seen the one for the MKII but will have a looky cheers buud

Stathis likes this.
  18. MrWatty

MrWatty New Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    Right so a little update here, Yesterday and today parts started arrviving including my exhuast, ignition and flywheel and my cylinder. just need too get some money in for a better crank as im not so sure on the 10mm pm tuning crank for the stage 6 racing might have too go for something like a RHQ but i am very tempted by the doppler endurance, any one had any experiance with those cranks? definitely going for a 12mm.I have decided i will be getting a stage 6 oversize transmision kit after that aswell because my variator looks fooooked and looks like its worth the money!
    anyway heres some pics;

Yasuni C20
    [​IMG]
    definitely going too get these plates off
    [​IMG]

Stylepro Ignition
    [​IMG]
    surprisingly not that bad qaulity all the solder points look spot on and the flywheel is tiny compared too standard! wont lie though, it doesnt seem much lighter i will have too get them on some scales and see if it is nearly 300g lighter.

[​IMG]

19. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Whats that ignition like?... never seen that one before?

20. MrWatty

MrWatty New Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    Not too sure yet mate wont get a chance too try it out for a couple of weeks but looks decently quality despite the tacky looking anodized parts. flywheel seems a fair bit lighter but don't seem the claimed 300g lighter. for roughly 110 quid or so im not complaining at all :)