Yahama Slider - What else can I buy to make it more shinier Project! -- For Ever Ongoing!

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by murerg, Aug 10, 2012.

1. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Here I am again!!!! Back after 6 weeks away in France! Just arrived this morning and already starting on my Yamaha Slider project! Gonna use the ped everyday to go to work once it is decent enough to ride :)p) but it is very likely to evolve a lot over the coming months. I have 2 engine blocs so I will probably work on the second one for a high end spec one (swappable!). The current engine is completely standard but that wont last long! :D

Plans for the moment are to use the parts listed below, nothing too fancy, just enough to get some power to the rear wheel and keep thing as reliable as possible. Only waiting on a carb and for pedparts to reply to my email regarding the crank as it is only listed on 12mm on their website.

- Motorforce Evolution 10mm Crank + Stage 6 C4 Bearings
    - Polini Corsa 70cc Kit
    - 17.5mm carb (or a 19mm if I can get my hands on one for a decent price :p)
    - Stage 6 R/T Variator + Stage 6 Belt
    - Stage 6 Torque Control clutch + Stage 6 Bell
    - Polini Corsa Exhaust (Old School!!!!) with For Race Silencer

Hopefully that should work quite well. Not looking to touch the ignition yet or port the engine. Will defo work on that on the other bloc though :p Lets get that one tuned properly first.

Styling side I am looking at a complete Black Matt ped (Wheels and fairings) with a BCD front panel and carbon bumpers. Some white and lime touches here and there to bright things up. Aerox wheels, although I would really like to try putting my hands on a set of TNT Grimeca Chromed wheels for aerox. Will add a Stage 6 disc as well in the future. Obviously, handlebar and Stage 6 speedo and rear undertray with integrated indicators is getting done as well. Finally I am gonna add Malossi Glossy Black stickers on the fairings *That s what my avatar is :p.. done it as a test and it looks awesome!*

That how the ped looks like at the moment:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nasty seat rip but I have a brand new seat cover which will be put on shortly. :) Only paid £200 for the Slider so cannot complain too much!

At the moment the ped doesnt start. No spark. I suspect the ignition lock is broke as the key turn only so slightly in it. Will try the igntion direct and if that work I have got a new set of locks lying somewhere to go on it. :) Fingers crossed nothing else is wrong with it. That would make it an excellent buy if only the lock is to be changed :p

Unlike my previous project, and although this will ultimately be ongoing, most of the above modifications will be done within the next couple of weeks as I really need a way to get to and back from work :) No messing around this time"!

Stay tuned!

Todi-Corsa likes this.
  2. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

If an admin could change my title to:
    Yahama Slider - What else can I buy to make it shinier... Project! -- For Ever Ongoing!

3. Todi-Corsa

Todi-Corsa 4 stroke thumper

Awsome LOVE!! EW50 Sliders my first scoot was one rode the wheels off it then sold it to my neighbour who fixed it up then had it nicked the week before getting it on the road :D mine had a 70 kit on it :)

4. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

They are nice peds.. for some reason I always seem to end up with a mina V ped :p That one is gonna be my baby ;)

5. Todi-Corsa

Wish I'd kept mine, I kick myself everyday for selling it to my neighbour for £80 would of still been sat under a sheet in the workshop nice n warm if I hadn't, instead it got nicked and probs trashed to death, still never been found either :(

Get some more pics up for me :)

6. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

I will put more pics up on Monday and Tuesday. Won't be able to start properly this weekend :) paint, wheels and electrics first then I ll move on to the engine (still waiting for parts) :)

Todi-Corsa likes this.
  7. Todi-Corsa

Looking forward to it mate :)

8. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Just for info, got the ped running! :) Changed the ignition lock for a brand new one... et voila! :D engine isnt running as well as I hoped for but it hasnt been on for like 1yr and half. What a bargain though for that price!

Ripped the old seat cover apart as well to allow for the new cover to be glued on properly. Had to fix the stop light switch as well and thats all the electric working (S6 speedo not on yet!). Ripped the undertray apart to prepare for the new one to go on. Black aerox wheels are on but I am hoping to get a new set of rims soon. the Black paint on them isnt great but that will do for now! :) All standard indicators have been taken off!...

Will post picture of it later on today or tomorow morning. Doesnt look pretty when naked! :D

9. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Actually, ordered the stage 6 R/T Variator from Scooter Attack and the motorforce evolution crank 10mm as well. I am just not patient enough to wait on a reply if pedpart can get it or not. Same price anyway with a better variator :) will order bearing , rollers and air box this week. :)

10. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Sounds good to me :)

11. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

keep taking pictures mate ! :) really interesting project gona keep eye on this

12. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Here is the beast with aerox wheels, no fairings and the seat ripped apart! :D Chrome handlebar is on as well :D Front mudguard has been painted mattt black :) Looks brand new! The exhaust was only on to see if the support would work with another exhasut :p ... Pretty messy so far!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Todi-Corsa and Edgar like this.
  13. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

[​IMG]
    BCD Front Fairing, S6 speedo, front and rear indicators, handle grips, seat cover, frame number cover, carbon bumpers and my indicator and beam ~led (can hardly see them :p)...

...and the cat! :D

14. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

BCD Racing undertray, new rear white light and new YSS Shock Absorber.
    [​IMG]

15. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Thats the panels painted. Glued the rear light and the reg plate support to the undertray... waiting for it to dry :p

Should be able to start putting the panels back tomorow morning :)

16. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

make it all matt black with chrome side case , exhaust, forks and handle bars :rolleyes: , looks very well so far mate !

17. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

I want a bit of chrome but not too much :p trying to sort out some chrome wheels :D

Variator cover, engine cover, handlebar and wheels in chrome :) Few lime/neon yellow bits :) and thew whole rest in black matt.

Will even get the S6 front disc in black :p

Edgar likes this.
  18. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

..amd the exhaust if I can find a place to do it :D

19. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Can you post a picture of the pipe :)? Never seen a actual corsa exhaust.

Chubz likes this.
  20. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

here it is:
    [​IMG]

..now you know why I am looking at getting it chromed! :D Pretty poor state but other than being really rusty it is in good condition :) silencer is being replaced by a For Race one which I will polish.