stealth-ish sr125 updated loads of pics..page 1..

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by shiny_SR, Oct 8, 2010.

1. shiny_SR

shiny_SR Member

Rides:
    runner vx
    right,
    so after riding around on a speedfight 100 for the last couple of months and having to replace the cylinder/piston i decided to sell it,

and get an aprilia sr 125 :grin:
    its a 1999
    piaggio 2 stroke ac
    completely standard

so far ive ordered and fitted some koso gp stlye clocks,
    ive also sprayed the wheels black and removed the plastic engine cover and painted the case black and ive fitted a bracket for my tomtom sat nav,
    last but not least i got an alarm/immobilisor fitted to try and keep the crooks away o_O

ive fitted the koso's (click pic to watch video)
    [​IMG]

and ive also installed a 12volt power outlet (cig lighter) in my seat bucket, complete with led and switch, (click pic to watch video)
    [​IMG]

after i recieved the koso clocks and tried fitting them i found out that the speedo cable is a good 2 inches too short to reach the koso's :banghead:

i googled quickly and came accross a post on apriliadreams saying a dragster speedo cable will fit, so ive ordered one of those :good:

ive got a few other goodies ordered and even more goodies in mind:)
    probably wont be able to update to often and sorry for lack of pics at the moment but ill do my best:)

heres the only other pics ive got right now and they are from the ebay ad lol,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ok, so finnally got round to taking some decent pics of the bike in the nice-ish weather
    :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• new.jpg
      new.jpg
      File size:
      157 KB
      Views:
  2. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    Re: 1999 aprilia sr rossi rep,

nica bike mr :good:

3. Forde

Forde Member

tidy, did you just wire the socket straight to the battery with a switch on one wire? i been thinkin bout doing that for phone charger.

4. shiny_SR

shiny_SR Member

Rides:
    runner vx

yeh i wired the cig lighter to the battery wiv a switch on the positive wire,
    also added a blue led so i dont forget to switch it off,

5. peacheyboy

peacheyboy New Member

When you say the plastic engine cover, you do not mean the one over the cylinder do you? o_O

6. shiny_SR

shiny_SR Member

Rides:
    runner vx

lol, no, i mean the plastic cover over the crank case,
    if it was the one over the cylinder i would be in for a siezing lol

7. shiny_SR

shiny_SR Member

Rides:
    runner vx

ok,
    more of some advice rather than an update,

ive got a little bit of money saved at the moment and am in two minds on what to spend it on,

first choice is black evo panels from easyparts.nl http://www.easyparts.nl/showarticle...76-477-689-734/65/Kappenset-Sr-Zwart-Dmp.html

which look the bbollocks and i want to change the colour so that seems like a good choice but....

as its winter now and im not riding the bike so much i thought its the ideal time to strip he bike down, replace the engine bushes/silent blocks/clutch and possibly variator and clean/tighten everything as the sr seems to vibrates a hell of lot

either way is gonna cost me around £200 and i know the strip/rebuild is the sensible option, but the evo panels r realllly tempting and i can purchase the engine bushes/silent block/clutch/etc seperately and spread the cost after ive got the evo's lol,

what do you think?

oh ye by the way, i got some carbon angel eyes and fitted em, heres a quick vid,
    [​IMG]

8. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit

Lights look good but you will find they are completely shit at night , and an mot failure as there is no beam pattern

9. shiny_SR

shiny_SR Member

Rides:
    runner vx

yeh i noticed there not as good as teh originals at night, but i live in london so it never really gets that dark so wont cause to much problems,
    i know they are mot failures but my mate got mot'd with the gilera quads and they passed him no problems,
    i kept the original headlight unit anyway just incase,

im still in 2 minds about wether 2 get the evo panels, im starting to think i should leave them for now and just sort the engine/generally clean the bike up rather than spend £200 on fresh panels that will just sit and get messed up through winter,

10. bait

bait Active Member

do the engine while its cold pannels will only get scratched or scuffed spend it on performance parts or general maintainance

11. shiny_SR

shiny_SR Member

Rides:
    runner vx

yeh, i have decided thats what im gonna do,
    like u say, will get f**ked up in bad weather anyway,

going to order new standard clutch, possibly variator, definately rollers, probably silent block and engine bushes from srt,

a friend has a garage which he uses for his own bike but hes gonna give me a set of keys so i can work on mine inside in the warm lol,

dont know wether im going to tune it much probably more just renew worn/broken parts with standard replacements but saying that a 172 is tempting lol,

12. bait

bait Active Member

lol dont be fooled garrages+winter=freezing

13. shiny_SR

shiny_SR Member

Rides:
    runner vx

true it probably will be,
    well it has electric so will have 2 take a lil heater wiv me,

gotta be better than outside my house,

14. BossMan172

BossMan172 Member

Rides:
    aprilia sr 172

i have those lights here still in the packet, waiting to MOT the bike and then ill see how it goes from there lol i take it the blue rings are always on? and is it not possible to change the bulbs to brighter ones..if they really are that shit ill just have to put eyebrows on the originals!

my SR also vibrates a hell of alot lol there known for having shit bushes/bearings/mounts lol its all in bits now but my new engine has new bushes so hopefully that'll sort her... if you ever needed spares btw try me i have loads of sr bits

i have those panels aswell( in silver) btw lol there made out of a rigid plastice one which would shatter under impact lol unlike the originals which seem more flexible..and also the paint isnt GREAT in some places, but look muchh beter than originals

15. shiny_SR

shiny_SR Member

Rides:
    runner vx

to be honest i havent found the lights to be any problems,
    i drive to essex and along country lanes every few days to a friends house and it gets very dark, there not as bright/as good as the originals but are bright enough, i had a speedfight 1 before this and they are as bright as the standard peugeot ones,

the blue rings have seperate wires to the headlights so you can wire them to sidelights (as i done) or maybe directly to battery/ignition with a switch?

yeh i was hoping it was just a matter of changing the bushes/silent blocks,
    cheers for that offer, im ok at the moment for parts but will keep that in mind, :thumbsup:

i noticed the paints notperfect in places as my friend has them on his gilera, to be honest i think i may just stick with the original panels and get them painted, if i ever drop the bike with evo's on i will definately need to replace the panel, if i drop it with painted standards on then its probably just a matter of repairing the paint,
    just seems a bit of a shame to paint over the rossi reps :(

16. shiny_SR

shiny_SR Member

Rides:
    runner vx
    been a while,

ok so i know its been a while since i got the sr but due to lack of funds nothing much has been done :cry:

the downpipe went last week so i thought it was the perfect time to give the bike a mini overhaul :cheers:

i planned to change the swingarm bushes/rubber blocks/engine bushes but have run into a little problem,

the engine bracket/swingarm is completely rusted solid, so ive had to leave that for another time when i can get the bike into a garage,

so much for the mini overhaul lol,

but i have managed to get the new downpipe and respray the panels a nice satin black with some gloss red, :yahoo:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ive resprayed the engine casing gloss black,
    [​IMG]

also the champagne coloured plastics have been painted,
    [​IMG]

the wheels are coming off tomorrow for a respray in gloss black and ive ordered some red rim tape,

im just waiting for the exhaust gaskets to arrive and then i have to paint the seat plastics/front mudguard and handlebar panel,
    then time to put it all back together, :beg:

the only other thing i am stuck on is getting my ng/ice mudguard bracket to fit with th standard 125 airbox o_O
    has anyone had any luck fiting one of these with the 125 airbox still in place?
    [​IMG]

17. Forde

Forde Member

Re: 1999 aprilia sr rossi rep, update page 2!!

good work mate gonna look good

18. Forde

Forde Member

good work mate gonna look good

19. shiny_SR

shiny_SR Member

Rides:
    runner vx
    need an exhaust, anyone got one for sale?

ok, so today i fitted the downpipe and most of the panels, and discovered A CRACK IN MY EXHAUST :cry:

does anyone have a typhoon/gilera(sp/fx)/aprilia sr 125 standard exhaust for sale?
    please send a pm if you do, :thumbsup:

heres a couple of pics :yahoo:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Standard exhausts are getting rarer and rarer. Can't you get it welded up?

Looking good however!