shiny red reed block conversion

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by shiny red, Aug 17, 2009.

1. shiny red

shiny red New Member

found a conti reed block that was designed to match the 28 mm flat slide ,area of the windows equals the area of the mouth of the carb ,matched to the manifold perfectly causing no airflow disruption no loss of air speed /pressure differential between carb side and crank side(quicker instant opening reeds ,and closer to the crank than standard or vforce ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i did not make the reed block its from conti off a derbi 50 i belive part of a 28mm carb upgrade ??on a50
    this is my bit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    needs case work to fit but what afit more pics to come of the case ,couple of vids of the work going on

2. LEE

LEE Member

you gonna be selling these reedblocks and spacers or even doin it in a kit including case work :hmm:

3. shiny red

shiny red New Member

thats the aim lee :) bit more to do but its booked for the isle of wight , :confused:hock: lol

4. LEE

LEE Member

keep us updated nice to see some new stuff :good: want this on mine when i finally pull my finger out

5. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

you truly are a genius lol what kind of power did it add? or does it just make it run better in general?

6. shiny red

shiny red New Member

the inside
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    all built back up now added a few lightened bits fly vario few bits of Tn ,removed the oil /water pump s
    and eleccy start ,sorted out the barrel (already been ported?)on its way home now and hopefully be ready for the wight :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

niceeee job mate, how much would you be charging for these and would you need the engine to be sent to you?

8. shiny red

shiny red New Member

yeah i would need the engine :eek: stripping the engine and fitting /cost of the reed flowing the case and assembly would be around 300 quid but any lightening ,porting is going to be more on top plus parts ?
    but this is still being developed and not tried yet so i wont be doing any till i find out what its saying ,but thanks for the interest :good:

9. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

Ahhh right it's nice to see your makng new tuning options and something out of the ordinary ;) keep us updated on how it turns out ;)

10. shiny red

shiny red New Member

just done another but with no case mods
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    its moved the reed further away from the crank so wil have to wait till the engine is in and on the dyno to see any effect

11. connor

connor Active Member

so this one just bults str8 on and dont need no case work?

12. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    nice. good idea to try and strengthen the manifold to stop flexing as well. if thats the aim of course :grin:

13. italjohn

italjohn Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Very nice, Shiny.

14. nrg_adam_70

nrg_adam_70 New Member

its unbelivable wat u can do shiny good wrk :wave: