Piaggio zip SP 50cc Restoration

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Duggiedan, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Duggiedan

Duggiedan Piaggio zip 50cc

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    Hey guys, My mate decided to buy this piaggio zip sp for £200, wasnt a bad deal but was pretty damaged and havnt been fired up in 6 month. He didnt have a clue were to start or what to do, luckly i knew enough to get this up to scratch so i helped him out.

First off the bike had been involved in an accident before was sat in shed for months, I looked it over and no spark, no compression, panels scratched and smashed, fuel leak, exhaust snapped, variator in bits.

I resprayed the panels in his choice which was black and white and turned out not too bad until he decided to knock the bike over -.-

I took engine out and stripped it, fitted new piston, piston rings and spark plug. Put new fuel pipe in has had a split, bought shit tegnigas exhaust off friend for £5 to test the bike :L I also installed a malossi variator and changed rollers as others was square :)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg 20.jpg

2. rems

rems 2000 pac man zip

must admit dude does look nice :)

doingd anything to it tuning wise?

3. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Nice one... I am desperate to put my hands on a Zip SP ... they just look AWESOME!!!! :D

where did he get it from for that price? :p

4. roxy boy

roxy boy Well-Known Member

Rides:
    roxi
    is this ryan hewit and u ant even got the logbook yet and u had it bwt 4 month if u wanted ...gornal cud jus take it back of u...

5. roxy boy

Rides:
    roxi
    it was of my mate ..he had a severe car crash (almost died ) and it scared him shitless and he wunt go on so he sold it

6. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    ye ano roxy boy :p i would piss ma sen if gornal took it back

7. roxy boy

Rides:
    roxi
    is this phil ..it callum s with the noisy gear up lol

8. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

It needs a front mudguard to be legal on the roads as it wont pass an mot without one.

9. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Terro, my bike passes without one ?

10. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    i love seeing people fixing scoots on their own! great work on this one! and a great bargain! ;)

11. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Not all scooters have one... surely you still go through it without one no~?

12. tErr0

Then you need to go to a different MOT tester as they are just signing a form and not actually bothering to do it.

The only bikes that are allowed not to have front mudguards are the ones that by design don't have them. E.g. a typhoon as the front panel is shaped in a way it covers enough of the front wheel.

If your bike at any point is at a state where it wouldn't go through an MOT, e.g. you have a crash and smash your front mudguard off then you can be stopped and fined by the police and forced to go and get a new MOT before being able to ride your bike again.

murerg likes this.
  13. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    Hey its danny h callum :) and the bike isnt on the road anyways none of my business i just helped refurbed he can do what he likes, i just enjoy helping and gaining experience :D

14. Stathis

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    you are kidding right??? what happens if you crash and dont have money to fix it??? you get fined??? o_O

15. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    If you crash and only your mudguard will snap your a lucky bastard :p but end of day if you dont have money for a mudguard how do you have the money to run the bike? Mudguards arnt over expensive, Rather fork money out for a mudguard than a fine and maybe points

16. tErr0

You get the bus. As above if you can't afford to fix a bike if it goes wrong then you shouldn't own one.

17. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Fitting one on a zip is a pain in the ass.

18. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    Zips are lovely bikes but when comes to panel work damm they are a pain in the ars, Especially when trying to get front panel off and realising forks got to come off :L

19. Stathis

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    That sucks mate :mad: :mad: