Piaggio Zip 70cc / Crash accident

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Duggiedan, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Duggiedan

Duggiedan Piaggio zip 50cc

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    Ill Give you a little story :) I had a Sym DD50 For my first ped Didnt have a clue wat was best ped at time and fort ye great a scooter is a scooter, Anyways i had that for from May 2011, got knocked off within 3 weeks of been on road as a freind tried overtaking on a corner on the INSIDE. I ended up in hospital with smashed knee and still fucked at this moment in time nearly a year later, and the bike luckly just had scratches so i sprayed it,

A couple month later i was riding home and got stuck in Traffic edging forward and stupid woman driver waving at her friend on pavement while accelerating her audi and didnt notice i stopped and boom hit back of my bike (It was small weighted 75kg) as I was unaware wat happened The bike wheelied and i feel flat on my back and bike bouncing around. Below is some Pics of bike after..

She Said to the police she hit me at 5-10mph ill let you judge after the crash and all her front end was in a million pieces!

bike 8.jpg bike 7.jpg bike 6.jpg bike 4.jpg bike 3.jpg bike 2.jpg bike 1.jpg

Just re-looked at pictures and doesnt look as bad as i fort but here is the damage to best of my knowlage; Left Brake lever snapped, Headlight smashed, Mudguard Snapped, All side panels fallen off, Seat bucket in 2 bits, Right hand indicator smashed off, Reg in 3 bits, Rear light cover in a million bits, Stuff you cant see the rear wheel got shunted into engine and snapped gearbox and was leaking oil everywhere, and frame bent

By the way I came away really lucky to be honest, I Had Whip Last, Torn Ligaments in neck, Left shoulder part dislocated, Knee fucked bit more, Left hip clicking, Cuts n grazes on back and bad bruising. May sound bad but they said i was lucky not had broken Back or neck.

Here is a pic of the back for you Interested ones :p
    Back Cuts.jpg

Left side of my back and right side is bruising and centre of spine is bruised and 2 cuts

After this it didnt put me off riding a bike, so i went and got a piaggio zip as i knew wat Scooters were best and tunable ect.

So i got it and was 54 plate with 4000km on clock, Full year mot n tax, Was in great condition but fully standard so i got the bike sick of doing 30mph so day later fully derestricted it and got bored of that so not long after i got;

Athena 70cc Big bore kit
    Polini High Speed Variator
    Gianelli Extra Chrome Exhaust
    5gram Rollers
    TNT 21mm Carb
    K N Air Filter

so here some pics of the bike and how it stands at the moment:

1 (15).jpg 1 (16).jpg 1 (17).jpg 1 (18).jpg 1 (19).jpg 1 (20).jpg 1 (21).jpg 1 (22).jpg 1 (24).jpg 1 (25).jpg 1 (26).jpg 1 (27).jpg 1 (28).jpg 1 (29).jpg 1 (30).jpg 1 (31).jpg 1 (32).jpg 1 (33).jpg 1 (34).jpg 1 (35).jpg 1 (36).jpg 1 (38).jpg 1 (39).jpg

2. Bradley Nixon

Bradley Nixon NRG DT Power 50! For now..

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DT
    this ios going to be good if you get stuck into it man ;)

3. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    ;) not much let to do now with ped, just need sort fuel leak, rejet carb, and check for any touch up bits was gunna cut reg up for when put some wheelies so doesnt scrape

4. Bradley Nixon

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DT
    wheelies?! you cant even ride on two wheels never mind one ;-)

5. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    funnny bastard :p woman drivers mate lol

6. Bradley Nixon

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DT
    drivers named danny you mean ;)

7. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    u cant talk u come off urs and ur fault i had 2 crashs and both other drivers!

8. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Now now ladys. No arguing. She was deffo doing more than 10mph lol. You did get away lucky. Did you sue the silly bitch ?

9. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    Yee she was doing more than 10mph, i put claim in against her and she got taken to court for driving without due care and attention and she got away with just a warning -.- but she still going to have nice insurance next year and have to pay for front new end of her 2011 audi :L

10. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Nice.... Did they pay out for your ped too ?

11. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    nopee, my trashed ped got knicked -.- so we had argyument with her insurance company ect and we won and with photos we could claim so going in over all claim but that ped came out of my own pocket

12. Bradley Nixon

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DT
    dumb bitch maynnnn. PAY UP

Duggiedan likes this.
  13. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    damn thats a lot of crashing history :p

14. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    Ye tell me about it :p

15. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    good thing you are ok though ;)

16. Bradley Nixon

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DT
    it's just people like Duggie why our insurance is going up ;)

17. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    LOL Not people like me, cause im just a sensible casual rider who seems to be a crash test dummy for other stupid drivers who dont take care, i still have my no claims discount :D

18. Bradley Nixon

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DT
    i have mine too XD