Piaggio NRG Power DD Project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by greggy50, Sep 3, 2009.

1. greggy50

greggy50 New Member

Hello this is my latest project I have got being a piaggio nrg power dd.
    When I got the bike off a mate with a deal in part ex for my old sr125 it was in a bit of a mess as had never been washed and was covered in stickers for parts it did not have which looked crap. And had some damage to the panal below where your feet go.
    First of all I gave it a bloody good clean and removed most of the stickers as well as spraying up the airbox and kickstart in gloss black. Also I had a look around the bike as only though had a tt but discovered a malossi cdi and coil which will be good for in the future.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The I did a routine job of changing the front pads and bleed the brakes as had to clean the piston out as was bit fucked which turned into a nightmare in summary the bolts were rusted in so ended up having to saw the mirrors of drill a hole through them and stick a metal bar through them and sort of twist it to get them out as the bit to stick a alum keys in was fucked and could not drill out as they were hardened steel. Also in doing this managed to fuck up my front shield cowling thing so had to fill and respray that.
    [​IMG]
    I then also painted my side casing and rear mudguard white to match and sprayed my tt in vht paint
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I then made a start on painting the inners and did them in a red and white scheme as the picture shows. I have now since this also painted the back part white with red indicator backs and moved the l plate down as well :)
    [​IMG]
    Oh and now the spec which will be fitted in the next few days
    . Malossi MHR Crank
    . Stage 6 Sport - Pro Kit
    . 20.5mm Carb
    . Malossi CDI + Coil
    . Flowed Cases
    . Leo Vince TT Pipe
    . Malossi 22% Gear Up
    . Straight Inlet
    . Stage 6 Open Filter
    . Stage 6 Clutch
    . Polini Variator
    . Polini Belt
    . Stage 6 V Force 3 Reedblock
    Then things next on list to buy
    . Lightened Flywheel
    . Yasuni City 16 or C20 Pipe
    And then after have the exhaust will be getting a better 70 kit maybe a stage 6 racing but quite fancy then moving to an evo 3 as this is going to be a toy and not an everyday bike. Also will be doing numerous visual mods as well in the coming months as have more money to spend on it as spending money on the mini as well which does not help:/

2. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    inners looked miles better black o_O :grin:

3. dannyracer101

dannyracer101 New Member

good work mate!

4. willoughby172

willoughby172 Member

dw about the car all about the 70s

5. greggy50

greggy50 New Member

Lol personally I like the white myself :)
    Eventually I will have a full respray on the bike on a orange similar to my mini and white and have the wheels powercoated etc... but this is a few months away and wanted to give the bike a different look up until then.
    Thanks
    And yeah well I am a car nut as well so I see them as equal and therfore distribute the money evenly lol have ordered this stuff for the bike but have also order ap racing brakes, new headunit and speakers and getting a bigger engine for the car soon so thank god I have a job to pay for it loool :)
    Painted the grill white today and the edge of the indicators need to take the lens of though as have a tiny bit of overspray :/ Got a lovely finish though the grill is soooo shiny :)
    [​IMG]
    Oh and some of the stuff for da bike other stuff in the garage like my other engine with gearup and malossi crank inside lool.
    [​IMG]

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    guitar queero ay? (lemmi guess. its your "brothers"?) bahahahahahhahahaha

7. greggy50

greggy50 New Member

Nope its mine brought it for £60 or somat and been used once hense the dust lool mite just stick on ebay 2bf as got a propa guitar anways 2 prat around on if I want so is pretty pointless. Only game I play on my elite really is forza and halo 3 and gta got shit load of games I brought and hardly eva used 2bh :/

8. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

just thought id show u look nice

9. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    that red and black one looks tidy :cool:

10. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    tidy little bike, (it's the same bike) just differnt moments in its life. would look alot nicer IMO with black inners ect and painted rims and no stickers a nice tidy backend ;) just my 65p

11. greggy50

greggy50 New Member

All this shit is now fitted and it is running a treat now give or take the odd problem
    Current Spec is :-
    20.5 Carb
    Stage 6 Open Filter
    Standard Inlet as was having clearence issues with mudguard with standard due to shitty carb hitting mudguard need to get a 21 but no point as will need a 24 for next setup or larger
    Currently on a 95 jet
    Stage 6 Sport Pro Kit
    Malossi CDI + Coil
    Standard Variator with 5.25g rollers polini was giving me a lot of problems
    Malossi MHR Crank
    Malossi 22% Gear - Up
    Stage 6 Clutch
    Polini Belt
    Standard Reed Block
    Bike is running quite nicely will do approx 70 - 75 clock and accel is pretty nippy will beat most 125's to be honest murks a 4 stroke runner and beat a sr 125 up to about 40 clock and stays with it albeit being about 2 or 3 mph slower on top end
    Going to be upgrading the setup soon this will comprise off:-
    . New highend 70 Kit
    . New bearing and seals
    . 24 or 26mm Carb
    . Stage 6 V Force 3
    . Stage 6 Belt
    Going to run on my mhr crank as it should take it has only done about 500 miles so is pretty fresh and same with the pro pipe will look at getting a c21 when have the cash along with a overange kit but this will be long away.
    Main thing in my mind at moment is visual will be resprayed in candy orange and white pretty soon and have a bit of powdercoating done along with a boot install I am currently making as it lets the bike down at the moment :)

12. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    ello dude nice looking ped you've got there its coming along really well by the looks of it!

I like the red and white scheme, the only thing I would change is the wheels they would look awesome in black or white!

13. ma11b

ma11b New Member

Rides:
    nrg power
    sorry to entrude on ur project
    just thought id show u my m8s bike to give u inspiration

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    its saxo vtr blue and white
    stii gotta do the white seat but he done a bit of customizing with the back end :good:

14. greggy50

greggy50 New Member

Yeah I saw that on uk-sf
    I want to do a similar idea but with candy orange instead of the blue
    How much did it cost him to get that sprayed out of interest?
    It looks like a decent job :)

15. nKd.rOb

nKd.rOb New Member

Rides:
    gilera stalker nkd
    nice bike m8 cant wait 2 c the orange n white.u guna get renthals ?

16. mariorun

mariorun New Member

Rides:
    runner and nrg mc2
    nice scoot i have a old nrg mc2 tuned fabrizi racing

17. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    tempted to do a project with one of these, but im not sure if they are ugly or not :confused:cratch: ,

tidy looking bike tho

18. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    do it fire, they can look alright drop a 172 in lol

19. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    thats what i was thinking greggie, not sure tho, i need to go look at one in the flesh

20. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    can pick up 05's for like 600 can't ya? seen loads of 07's got for 750 aswell. my mate has one and it's fast standard, not sure about this rox still mite be buying j.beazly's (project rox) anyway :good: