Piaggio NRG MC3 Jordan

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by KH3M, Oct 18, 2010.

1. KH3M

KH3M Member

Rides:
    NRG MC3 Jordan
    Father and son project really. I wanted a bike when I was 16, being me I wanted a Aprilia RS50 so my dad hunted and hunted but couldnt find any. I went round to his house one day saying he had bought a bike for £50. It was bright yellow, tatty as hell, but had spec. This is the bike when we got it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looked really tatty - layers of filth all over it, forks seized, rear shock fucked, various bits scratched ornot working - but we could do it. The bike was completely stock, other than a Sito Plus pipe, and no restriction washer. the panels were tatty, and shad various stone chips and scratches on them, but the bike had no evidence of a crash or being dropped, so far so good.

One good purchase, we bought a donor bike for £40, another NRG, was stolen and abandoned outside a tescos.. had good wheels, and a Leo Vince TT exhaust which was very rusty. The wheels on the bike had paint bubbles all over them, and the wheels on the donor bike were silver, but no paint bubbles. So we got the wheels shot blasted, and I shot blasted the exhaust. We got the wheels powder coated in a colour matched paint, and we hand sprayed the exhaust, then I polished the end can with polishing stones, and some Autosol. This is what it looked like after I had put the Leo Vince back on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We spent weeks hunting down all the parts for the bike, but on one cold febuary month, we got it done over one week, from the ground up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We added,

Leo Vince TT race pipe
    Race clutch
    Race variator
    4.5g rollers
    Polini kevlar belt
    Dellortto carb
    92 Jet
    Unrestricted inlet manifold
    Carbon fibre reed block
    K&N air filter
    TNT grips
    New mirrors
    All lines on the carb have been changed
    New forks, sprayed the stantions black
    Touched up bits on the bodywork
    New speedo cable

Probably loads of bits that I can't think of aswell.

Due to having a donor bike we have a shed load of spares for it.

Since having the tune up, the bike will flat out at about 70mph, it's got no cylinder kit, so is still a 50. It hates the rain due to having a K&N, which is annoying, but what are you going to do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The bike is an 03 plate and one of 400 in the world. With the mentality of most moped owners, I can't imagine there are many left.

Overall, 8/10 - Great bike, firm suspension and great grip wet or dry, with the Pirelli SL26's as treads. Recommend them to anyone, great scoot.

Bike will be for sale soon, due to the britsh winter, and moving onto a car and a 125 - Keep your eyes peeled :grin: Cheers!

2. BossMan172

BossMan172 Member

Rides:
    aprilia sr 172
    instead of the k and filter you coul usae an airbox or a filter with a protecting lid!
    and 70mph on a 50 with a pipe. yeah right lol.

3. northrider

northrider Member

LOL ure speedo might be fukd go side by side with a car and then find out the real speed

4. KH3M

KH3M Member

Rides:
    NRG MC3 Jordan
    Have done, it's right - The thing flies, but has problems with bogging quite a bit - it does not like low speeds.

Have tried putting an airboxon it, but restricts it so much. The good thing with the K&N is that it has no resistance whatsoever, so it's like its not even there. And you obviously dont know what a bit of elbow grease can do. It will do 70mph, but will cruise around at 65mph all day long. I'll get a video if you think i'm lying. And it's not a 50 with a pipe, it has a deresticted manifold, carbon fibre reed block, 27mm Dellorto, racing clutch, racing variator with 4.5g rollers and a Polini Kevlar belt.

5. lipsmoker

lipsmoker Member

Looks nice ;)

My friends Mc3 Does 60 with a race Zausts, Open filter, Jetted carb light rollers and a Kevlar belt!

6. BossMan172

BossMan172 Member

Rides:
    aprilia sr 172
    Loool it bogs at low speeds lol I wonder why set ur bike up properly 4.7 gram rollers and arbor to restrictive on a 50 with a pipe bcos all the other shit u bort wad only because u got suckered in to advertising the race clutch is useless on a low revving 50 cylinder... hav u jetted it right? And airbox is only slower at top top whack it's much better for mid range torque and everyday riding ur bike ain't gonna last very long with water in And ur your bike don't do 70 end of That's the type of speeds from a mid race setup.

7. martyc

martyc Member

Car speedos are as bad if not worse than bike ones unless they are calibrated. Gps is the way forward but I think its only accurate at speed

8. KH3M

KH3M Member

Rides:
    NRG MC3 Jordan
    Man what is your problem? I come on here to show everyone my hard work and you automatically put on your trollface? I can't understand half the things your saying, so i'll ignore a big portion of what you have said. The bike only started to bog a small while ago, it was running fine before. I built this bike with my dad, who has an R1 and is an expert with Lambretta scooters - He built his 8 years ago when he got diagnosed with bowel cancer and needed something to do. Dont doubt what you havent seen. Car speedos tell me it does 70, my speedo tells me it does 70 - which is where it says KMH at the end of the speedo (see the picture) Anyway, thanks for reading my post - but stop being an idiot.

9. Benrg

Benrg New Member

:good:

I like your bike :)

10. 172GiLeRaRuNnEr

172GiLeRaRuNnEr New Member

Nice Bike Looks Like Youve put in a load of time and effort :good:

11. KH3M

KH3M Member

Rides:
    NRG MC3 Jordan
    Thanks guys, I used to hate mopeds - but this thing has been my first love :)

12. co77l3y

co77l3y Member

Rides:
    Gilera DNA 50
    nice bike, i own a gilera dna tuning side i am putting on polini blue sponge filter leo vince tt / zx exhaust, polini variator,up jet 5.5 gram rollers, polini 70cc sport kit, and polini gear up kit. i dont know how fast it will be or anything. im 15 waiting to do cbt in march. My dad went out on it standard just derestricted and had 47mph so i am expecting with all of this done around 55 i hope :)

13. KH3M

KH3M Member

Rides:
    NRG MC3 Jordan
    Thanks man, hopefully with all that you should get more than 55 - maybe 60/65-ish?

14. co77l3y

co77l3y Member

Rides:
    Gilera DNA 50
    that would be nice yes, but i hope the police dont pull me :(

15. Benrg

Benrg New Member

Just make sure you declare that its derestricted to the insurance. Unless you're 16... Then its illegal ;)

16. northrider

northrider Member

the next thing would defoo be a 70's kit and just out of interest isn't the 25mm carb a bit too much usualy 21mm are better? but yeh its a nice bike alot of tym and effort put into it

17. BossMan172

BossMan172 Member

Rides:
    aprilia sr 172
    Erm ur bikes bogging because ur incapable of setting it up and then when I said u don't get 70 outa a 50 wiv a pipe u said it's not and then u said manifold reeds "race" clutch lool like that compensates for that optimistic speed so I laughed no disrespect mate nice what u dun wiv it the bike so far i wouldnt be trying to adress ur bikes problem if it werent and i dont see anyone else dping that. Give compliments when there due.do plug chops play with your needle and airfuel ratio. Or it could be the springs on the clutch are to stiff for the 50 cylinder which is very low reving just a few thongs to get u started and those rollers sound to light play with sum heavier ones. but yh that air filter really isn't gonna help especially that shit one they let in so much dirt it's un real if ur gonna use one get a proper one btw airfilter isn't great in winter if the freezing cold rain gets in ur hot engine it will warp and seize just a but of of gd advice it's happened to me .oh yh congratulations ur 50 with a pipe nd carb (the only REAL speed increasing mods). Goes faster than a typhoon125

18. Ricky70

Ricky70 Member

Rides:
    70cc derbi gp1
    your bike dosent do 70... your speedo is miles out or your talking crap.. a car speedo is also upto 10 mph out and you could never be accrate by driving next to it...

your have to work very hard to get a 50cc going over 60 (genuine speed) and you would still need a well set up 70cc to go over 70mph (genuine) once you factor in wind, someone riding it etc. heck most bikes wont pull that on a non load cell dyno........

i dint even think they done a 27mm dellorto carb. even if they did you could never get it to run propley on a low tuned 50cc most carbs over 21mm are ment for high power race bikes and take allot of work to get them runing right. even if your dad has a r1 and is good with a non auto bike....

air filters spesh k & n ones dont de restrict the flow of air on standard or low tuned bikes. they let way to much air in inless your runing high end 70cc kits + and you need to adjust your rollers weights, jetting etc to get them runing anywhere near good.

see this topic: http://www.scootershack.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12832

your best bet is to get a 70cc kit (Malossi, polini sport). better exahust (yasuni R etc), stock air box and a 17.5 or 19mm carb and a selection of rollers and jets. then your feel the speed of going over 60mph.

other then that it looks pretty nice. good job ;)

19. KH3M

KH3M Member

Rides:
    NRG MC3 Jordan
    Hey man, I'm not gonna argue, my bike has done and indicated 70mph before - but that was a while ago, and I've only hit it maybe twice again since then.

20. KH3M

KH3M Member

Rides:
    NRG MC3 Jordan
    Well, I doubt that my speedo is correct - but according to it, the bike has done 70mph. If your bike said it did 70mph, you wouldnt go up to your mates and say 'my bike did 70mph the other day, but the speedo is off a bit' well, maybe you would.. but yeah I'm rambling.

Yeah sorry, I should change that. after looking at all my documents and reciepts the other day, I realised I had bought a 19mm :blush:

Yesterday I put a PM foam filter on it, and tweaked the carb - and the bike took off from still like a rocket, I'm not even loking it made me jump. But it needs some serious setting up.