NEED HELP! cheap alarm system fitting to speedfight 2

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by jarred, Aug 4, 2014.

?

is it battery ignition or non-battery ignition

Poll closed Sep 3, 2014.
  1. Battery type

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Non-battery type

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jarred

jarred Active Member

I have just purchased a cheap alarm system from ebay.
    it has the following feature;
    alarm
    immobiliser
    anti-hijack cut off
    remote start
    find vehicle siren
    This all sounds great but i cant make head or tails of the wiring diagram they have supplied which is quite vague. also there are two diagrams. one says non-battery ignition type and the other says battery ignition type. i am assuming that my speedfight 2 is non-battery ignition type as it can be kick started even if the battery is completely knackered.

could someone please help me as i need to get this thing finished off and put back together asap and this is just another thing holding me back :(

Attached Files:

2. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    OK,
    This video is what you need. The wiring appears to be the same.

I would follow his advice, although I would change the screw that secures the battery cover to an M6-thread high-security screw, otherwise a thief could just open the battery hatch and rip the wires from the battery. To be honest, your money is better spent on a high-security chain and lock, as that could lower your insurance premium.

scootzmadness likes this.
  3. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    need to get the link for the trackers I use. bloody good pieces of kit. bike moves, I get a text, I know where my bike is, what speed its doing, I can track it online seeing what speed etc its doing. its brilliant. worth the money.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  4. jarred

jarred Active Member

I was trying to find a good one. Do you have a link?

5. jarred

jarred Active Member

This is only for a good selling point. I'm getting rid of it as soon as it's all together. Then I can get on with my other projects

6. jarred

jarred Active Member

The bit that is getting me confused more than anything is the pair of scissors. If I cut that wire, what do I connect get to as it doesn't seem to go anywhere

7. jarred

jarred Active Member

I've done a close up here

Attached Files:

8. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    This is how the wiring should work.

Yellow - To indicators (to +ve wire feeding the indicator bulbs - one yellow wire for each side)
    Red - Battery +
    Black - Battery - (earth)
    Orange - LED + (LED can use the black wire as earth)
    Blue - Remote Start wire (don't bother)
    Pink and Grey - Kill switch (don't bother - fit a manual kill switch)

Scotchlok the yellow wires to the indicator circuits, so you don't have to cut and splice the wires.

9. jarred

jarred Active Member

Cheers merlin. But the problem is I want the remote start and kill. My key fobs have sliding covers so I'm not worried about catching the button in my pocket and killing the engine as I'm riding

10. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

just remember that when you use the remote start function that you press the button again after it has started the bike, otherwise it will just keep spinning the starter motor, if it's anything like mine that is

11. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    What I don't get is how it turns the ignition on and how it affects the ignition switch.

12. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Electronic wizardry Merlin, not normal wizardry like we know. On mine it depended on how many live wires you have coming off the rear of the switch. I also had to put a 'normally closed' relay into mine for the immobiliser to work.

13. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    The blue wire will go to the thin wire +ve of the starter motor relay. There will be four wires on the relay, two thick wires that carry 12v to the starter motor once activated and two thinner wires. One of these thinner wires will be green (earth) and your blue wire connects to the remaining wire.

Can you photograph the back of your ignition switch, showing what colour wires connect where? There are a couple of variations on the Speedfight, depending if the bike has an immobliser or not (yours should have one, unless you have changed the CDI unit for a non-immobilised version).

14. jarred

jarred Active Member

Yes I think the blue wire is for the starter relay. And funnily enough that wire is blue on the bike.

The cdi is the dellorto type without immobiliser.

There are 5 wires from the ignition; red = perm live, black = ign live, green = ground, black+white =? (gave me a belt when tried to test it with multimeter when bike was running) And black+red =?. it appears to be a ground but it never seems to carry a voltage

Attached Files:

15. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Black/white is the CDI wire feed from the ignition switch. Black goes to the horn switch and becomes live with ignition on. Black and red is the live feed from the alternator stator and connects to the black/white with the ignition switch on.

Ignition off earths the black/white wire to kill the CDI and the alternator feed. Off also disconnects the red live feed to the black ignition live wire.

@ Stevep

I could do with a little help here.

@ Jarred

Does the back of your switch look like this?

[​IMG]

16. jarred

jarred Active Member

Yes that's what it looks like. Ok. So do I put the orange to white+black and the black to earth? As that should kill the ignition by earthing it when I press the button

17. jarred

jarred Active Member

Ok I think I've figured the last two wires aswell. Cut the ignition live, attach the pink to the ignition side of it. And the grey to the other end Iof the cut wire. This means that when the alarm is armed there will be no ignition live to start the bike and the brain would be able to re route power from the permanent live in order to use the remote start.

18. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Jarred, whats the make and model of the alarm please?

19. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Before you answer that one, put it in a PM please or everyone will know, not a good thing:eek:

Merlin likes this.
  20. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Hang on before you start hacking at wires, Jarred. Steve has already fitted his and yours could be similar to the one he bought. A lot of Chinese stuff is cloned several times over.

Edit: I found this on an eBay ad.

[​IMG]

I think that Type B is along the lines of your wiring, but Steve can advise you as to if this diagram will work.

Stevep likes this.