my gilera ice project, from bad to worse :/

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by samwithers, May 20, 2011.

1. samwithers

samwithers New Member

Rides:
    ice 50 ts125x
    basicaly some time june 2010, i purchased a 2004 gilera ice in shit condition for £220

at first it seemed that engine was sweet as a nut, so didnt bother doing anything to it, stripped bike for painting

rubbed down and ready to be painted

here it is just after being painted

a few more plastics on it

this is my bike with most of the new plastics on, the whole lot of plastics, excluding foot board come to £195 from a genuine gilera dealer near me
    still some plastics to come though

i got it back to almost factory looks, untill my mate thought it would be funny to record me doing a wheelie in my garden ( a couple of months before i was 16!)
    and yes i over did it went off the back, smashed back panel, licence plate. and the impact of landing smashed the clock panel at front

it then cost another £25 for back panel a new licence plate. also seemed to do some damage to engine as didnt run properly

anyways, got on the road in november 2010. bike felt good to ride, was standard exhaust but with malossi multivar and heavy rollers, got 43 out of it
    some time in november or january i broke down about 40 minutes away from i lived -__- managed to get it running and home
    once home it would not start, it had seemed to loose spark, looked at everything and in end took it to local scooter shop cost me £193, they fitted a new stator and retuned my carb and then was like perfect again

couple months later my exhaust just blew, had a massive split near the gasket so was hard to fix and the fix didnt hold, found a local second hand technigas next r exhaust, didnt upjet for about a months or more so ran it lean for quite a while
    anyways then spent some more money on it about 4 weeks ago, £40 of stickers new grips,rollers, jets, drive belt, exhaust gasket. then crashed it into a car, bike flipped over and i went over top of car dislocated shoulder and broke collar bone covered in cuts and bruises

the whole clocks plastics got smashed to peices, the front brake broke off and so did electric start, basically everything on handlebars is broken. seat is torn fotboard is smashed, front panels scratched and engine was not ticking over right

right at the moment because of my phone is like 8mp camera it wont let me put the pics on but i will shortly

also have pics of my new bike

Attached Files:

2. bandyleg

bandyleg New Member

Rides:
    Anything That Moves
    Dude you need to slow down and take it cheesy on that thing your lucky you only come off with a few scratches lol Bike was looking pretty sweet before ya misshap. Good luck at getting it running again.

3. samwithers

samwithers New Member

Rides:
    ice 50 ts125x
    a few 'scratches' that took me out of school for a few weeks through my final exams ;) haha, actually was not my fault, i wasnt riding stupidly i was going to work, on my own. got cut up by a car on a roundabout then it turned sharply infront me :/ was not much i could do and i dont really remember much either tbh.

also not even aloud to do anything with my bike at moment because of insurance. well obviously i changed my exhaust back and took malossi variator out and put standard on as im only 16 but apart from that we cant fix it so thats why i got my typhoon

4. nathan93

nathan93 Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Gilera Ice
    what's happening with the ice then if you cant fix it?

5. samwithers

samwithers New Member

Rides:
    ice 50 ts125x
    handlebars need replacing, all front brake, master cylinder, starter button part smashed off, both peices plastic smashed to peices, indicators, erm probably in the road some where lol. steering problem to cos handle bars go right round and steering lock dont seem to be right as can still move handle bars lol, seat ripped, plastic bumber things broken, front panel scratched, and im sure there is more damage lol not good

6. nathan93

Rides:
    Gilera Ice
    sooo what you doing with it

7. samwithers

samwithers New Member

Rides:
    ice 50 ts125x
    waiting for my insurance, depends whether it comes out as my fault, or his, or 50/50. so i dont know yet

8. nathan93

Rides:
    Gilera Ice
  9. tigger87peds

tigger87peds Member

Rides:
    My Misses,
    are the forks ok??
    if you get new bike and forks are ok i buy them off ya

10. nathan93

Rides:
    Gilera Ice
    or sell it alll to me ;)

11. Gamble

Gamble Member

As soon as I read the first post I knew nathan would appear somewhere down here poaching bits! :D

Glad you're alright mate and like bandy said you're lucky it wasn't worse but you're not lucky in the sense it happened! On the bright side though, you've now got a Typhoon! Definitely a move in the right direction. :grin:

Get some pics up of your new bike and I hope you have a speedy recovery! :good:

PS : Once the insurance is all done and dusted I'd get rid of anything salvageable from the Ice and get some goodies for the Typh! ;)

12. samwithers

samwithers New Member

Rides:
    ice 50 ts125x
    i was hoping to do exactly that gamble, dad will end up doing it to get the money back hes spent on the ice though
    merr i think at the moment the typhoon is a bit boring, first things im getting over next weeks are new clocks
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260782845673&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

as mine say im going aroun d 10mph faster than i actually am, i dont know if a knew speedo will fix the problem, but the speedo i have looks crap anyways

a side stand
    http://www.donotlink-pedstop.co.uk/p/Piaggio_Typhoon_Zip_SP_NRG_side_stand_from_Buzzetti-640.aspx
    in my opinion it looks better on a side stand

and a front light as i think the standard one makes it look much older than it is
    http://www.donotlink-pedstop.co.uk/p/Piaggio_Typhoon_twin_halogen_headlight_–_carbon_look-1224.aspx

noting there performance yet but not my main concern

and on the ice there are some bits that will be fine
    front panel is fine just a few scratches, whole back panel is completely fine frame is fine forks are fine light is fine 2 perfect wheels with very good new tyres on fine brakes, whole engine is perfect
    but the footboard is smashed both bits and theres nothing salvageable on the handlebars, the seat is ripped and stearing is snapped
    not good,, but i prefer my typhoon :D

13. nathan93

Rides:
    Gilera Ice
    howmuch would you want for the whole ice?

14. samwithers

samwithers New Member

Rides:
    ice 50 ts125x
    would probably break to sell it tbh, worth alot more than way

15. nathan93

Rides:
    Gilera Ice
    i need the rear light lenses ;) and the compartment release mechanism also left brake lever and afew other bits if you wana say a price

16. nathan93

Rides:
    Gilera Ice
    also wouldnt mind the wheels

17. samwithers

samwithers New Member

Rides:
    ice 50 ts125x
    ok well i know that my real light lense is knackered, due to the the wholes for the screws being knackered so has to have 2 washers on it to hold it on

im not sure if the left brake leaver is ok or not but after insurance is done will let you know

and i think i may have the compartment release bit somewhere i have all the parts for compartment bit somewhere just never bothered with it because its pointless

18. nathan93

Rides:
    Gilera Ice
    fair enough just need the catch mechanism to hold the door shut, using it for fuse acsses lol

19. samwithers

samwithers New Member

Rides:
    ice 50 ts125x
    yeah i will look for that bit, and the wheels are good and wil be for sale if i end up keeping the bike,

20. samwithers

samwithers New Member

Rides:
    ice 50 ts125x
    finally an update ;)
    my new stage 6 quick action throttle with built in starter button ( because all old r/h switch gear and throllte was completely smashed) £30

also footboard was smashed so have this now too £40 .......

front indicators smashed do got these......£10

bought meself a stage 6 exhaust (second hand) £60

also replaces
    clock fairing £10
    brake light switch £5
    master cylinder £25
    still not set up completely because i have a race clutch on the way and a holding tool aswell which cost together another £50

the bike has a malossi multivar a stage 6 pro replica exhaust stage 6 quick action throttle and have a race clutch on the way

Attached Files:

• 1.5.jpg
      1.5.jpg
      File size:
      33 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      79.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg