MiNoRs vespa et2 conversion

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by MiNoR cOnFuSiOn, Sep 21, 2009.

1. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    right, thought id throw this up, its in its early stages at the min as i literally bought it over the phone and picked it up in the dark.. was alot better than i was expecting conversion wise (wiring was all in place and all worked) but the pans are a little dented/out of shape wich obviously means some metal work (no hardship) been slung down a road at some point so ye there are some dents/twisted bits, nothing a bit of heat/water and some skillfull hammering cant fix, luckily theres rrear access to all the damage so no welding nails and slide hammers needed this time. anyway heres how it stands atm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

obviously a typh engine is going in (or a drum brake of any type as it needs a typh/zip wheel and apropriate size tyre for the original look) its now in bits, even came with a technigas pipe (so thats 2 i have now) but will be getting somthing one off soon enough.

anyway. back to work i suppose

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    Re: MiNoRs vespa conversion

right, thats better
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as with any car or bike made of large sections of sheet metal, this has a few dents/deep blobs of filler so ive been ripping it out and persuading the pannels back to shape.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

more to come ;)

3. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep

she a rough old girl but now doubt thins will be one to look out for when your done,

you have more projects going on then a year 8 science class dawg :good: ;)

4. INO

INO Member

Dont look to bad that my old typh engine? look alright that dose :thumbsup:

5. karl172

karl172 New Member

Rides:
    runner 172.kx 125

coming alone nice alredy..was a mate of mine bike..i always liked the thought of it.goona b a gooden every 1 will b wantin vespa's wen this done lol

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster

ye usin the engine for mock up while i build another... might go for a big drum wiht a typh wheel yet, not sure (same tyre, maybe an 80 profile) but ye, got a few bits for it so far altho im in need of a few more (mostly new, like the entire engine) not 100% on a colour but im thinking a dark green, metalic, MAYBE marbled green and purple pearl? not sure.. need to look at some colour samples

anyway, dont get done sitting around talking about it. :hello:

7. bait

bait Active Member

:blink: i actually like it wtf lol never thought i could say that about a vespa
    well the rear half anyway not too keen on the front thing most weigh more then an sr if its all made from sheet metal...bet you have a blast tryin 2 get that thing on the stand early in the morning my sr and runner wer a struggle before college

8. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep

that because you didn't eat your weetabix bait ;) :lol:

9. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Vespa's are pretty damn light? Easily less weight than a runner and most of it goes when you throw away the big arse 4 stroke engines.

Mon the vespas?!?!!!!

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster

the pannels (once off) are only slightly heavier than there plastic counterparts, it might be metal, but its THIN. meaning yes the chassis and pannel weight is that of say a typh or zip.. maybe slightly heavier but nothing like a runner wiht all its extra metal/pannels/radiator/water/big fuel tank (all adds up) but ye, wont ever hit road like this but FUCK ME im loving the "drag" look :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep

lol yeah that looks ill,

keep it like that :good: :lol:

12. bait

bait Active Member

yea lol some vxes or sumin tall at the front n it will b like a chopper/scooter...a chooter :yahoo:

13. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster

fork tube is actually really high on these, could cut the inside line of the front pan off and fit vx forks to this and it wouldent really get any higher...stock forks are supprisingly long.

wouldent dream of a road bike this low, would scrape on anything more than a slight bend = dead minor... but ye, maybe do a drag spec one day? see if theres a write off nockin about or sommin (stolen recovery with no papers) will see what turns up, for now tho i recon stock hight of a 50 is about right. shock fits and is pritty close so just a diff spacer to replace the rubber mount and its in. still gotta reinforce/refabricate the engine mount but hey, its rolling and i can do the pannel work.

more to come (getting into this one now)

14. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster

ok, found more filler/dents.. sorted the right side (left the little skim in there as it wasent a big lump of filler like the other side, it is now undetectable LOL)

good side
    [​IMG]

bad side
    [​IMG]

front
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the side
    [​IMG]

proper mess in places, got the indicator surround back to shape and most of the high spots.. now its just a case of hour's of hammer/dolly work to get it smooth again. im showing as much as possible on the metal work as its not often you see it on modern scoots LOL

15. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000

looking good. Surprizing how much a blow coat shows up the damaged bits and imperfections. Ya always think ya made a good job til the paint hits it :grin:

Lads RGV was the same...still in primer tho' and still waiting for the barrel to come back

16. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Nice lil project minor, will be watching even though I don't like vespas :beee:

:mod:

17. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster

ye the blow over does show it up, altho its SO much better than befor, still lots to do, need to get the blower/wet rag's on it next me thinks.. need to shrink it back in places as it just wont nock flat. stretched the metal, god only knows what the freont looked like BEFOR it was beaten out the the condition i got it LOL ahh well, all good fun

whadayarecon?
    [​IMG]

18. Rick-UK

Rick-UK New Member

Rides:
    Runner 200

Smooooth :good:
    Loved the lowrider drag look... wish you could do it that low !

19. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    u dont fuck about do ya mate, was a mess last night, looks like a bike now :hello: :good:

20. LEE

LEE Member

someones been busy looking good so far