Gilera Stalker Project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by cadman69er, Mar 31, 2009.

1. cadman69er

cadman69er New Member

Rides:
    Gilera Stalker
    Heres My gilera Stalker had it for about 2 years last year the engine went but hadnt been to bothered about fixing it up cus had a 9 month ban but bans over now so over past 3 weeks been getting her legal again and doing her up

so far its had:

nrg engine which i had to derestrict
    athena unnlimited rev CDI
    malossi carbon fibre reeds
    malossi rollers
    stage6 pro replica exhaust
    clear indicator lenses rear
    tnt carbon fibre brake levers
    nrg rear wheel
    speedo drive
    and today received my 21mm dellorto carb

looking to get :
    bcd carbon fibre halogen headlights (already orderd)
    carbon fibre look indicator lenses
    nrg front wheel
    polish transmission case
    all black fairings (rear in the middle of being painted metallic black)
    carbon fibre stem and purple bars
    digital speedo
    purple neons
    jack up kit

still trying to decide wether to do up my 50 engine or get a 125 ac typhoon engine and get a 172 kit etc. any help ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. italjohn

italjohn Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Stalkers are cool scooters :p
    Will watch this tread.

3. Stennett

Stennett New Member

Rides:
    Drive a 106 :(
    Agreed I'm looking for one, how im paying for it I have no idea.
    TBH I would love a 172 stalker, however I don't have any where near the knowledged accuired to do a conversion, I would advise you to do a lot of reading ect and not to attempt a conversion unless you know what you doing ( you might allready, just giving my advice)

Looking Forward to this.

4. cadman69er

cadman69er New Member

Rides:
    Gilera Stalker
    yer i agree stalkers are great scooters

i have good knowledge with scooters so the 172 conversion would be a doddle for me just at the the moment trying to see wether i can mount a radiator to get a watercooled engine

5. Stennett

Stennett New Member

Rides:
    Drive a 106 :(
    Tbh, think it will be hard to mount one and still maintain a good appreance on the bike, although havent even owned a stalker to look myself, why not just get an air cooled 125 engine? any reasson for wanting a water cooled?

6. cadman69er

cadman69er New Member

Rides:
    Gilera Stalker
    no specific reasons just water cooled engines are easier to get hold off and the mounts are basically the same on the 125 engines

7. LEE

LEE Member

looking good
    by the way them forks look the same as typh ones if im correct a normal nrg rim wont fit you would either have to try and find one with a 3 hole disc mount or put on nrg forks

8. cadman69er

cadman69er New Member

Rides:
    Gilera Stalker
    yurp youre right i have had trouble so far finding the front rim but one will pop up eventually theres is a guy selling one on here for £50 but paint is in bad condition so it could end up costing me £100 to get it powder coated and new tyre

9. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

yeah its me whos selling it and that is a cheap price for the wheel there rare if you get one cheaper its cos they dont know what they have

10. cadman69er

cadman69er New Member

Rides:
    Gilera Stalker
    yes quite happy today been to my local scooter breakers and he can get me the nrg wheel i need for £20 and £20 for a tyre so happy with that

panels nearly painted looking gawjus will post mur pics up when my lights arrive

11. italjohn

italjohn Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Looks good with NRG wheels :p

[​IMG]

12. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if your going the 125 rout it will mean your going the 172 route eventually... grab a wc engine and an AIR COOLED 172 kit, throw it on ion one go, the kit fits if you unwind the studs a bit. wc and ac engines are identical bar the waterpump.. only real diff is you have a pump spinning about instead of a fixed oil pump drive gear shaft. can pull the pump, cut the shaft and refit but this requires stripping the enmgine if you dont want the impelar nockin about in the bottom.

wc stalkers are like wc typhs, a big no no. any bike with no wc moddel avalable will mean hidden waterbottles cut pannels and sheer bodgery all over. typh engine if you can or a conversion. ether or really. just dont go wc. keep it up tho, why not runner wheels? (can use a 280 caliper adaptor made for the nrg forks to space the caliper the correct ammount for the runner/nrg 5 bolt wheel ;) )

13. Vesta

Vesta New Member

would a cooling fan/cover fit right on aswell minor?

14. rideorcollide

rideorcollide Active Member

Rides:
    TYPH 172
    yeah they fit ;)

15. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    like i said all you need do to convert a wc to ac is wind the studs out as there further in on the wc tap the flywheel for the fan, bang the covers on and decidse wether to remove the waterpump or to just leave it...

16. cadman69er

cadman69er New Member

Rides:
    Gilera Stalker
    does anyone know if theres a thread about the water cooled to air cooled conversion or any1 one who has done it ?

17. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    theres no specific thread, but i can advise on all the ins and outs, its not a hard conversion to do tbh....

18. seanwhite06

seanwhite06 New Member

Rides:
    runner 172, zx6r
    slap a ac top end on
    tap thread holes into fly for fan and mount fan.
    put on fan covers and cooling duct cover tingys
    remove rad and coolant pipes.

piss of piss
    lol

19. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    see again, people posting when theyve never done it...just guessing.... so ye, as always unless you have PHYSICALLY DONE a job yourself your advice is worthless. this aint runner.net the studs arnt long enough, you have to wind them out first.

20. seanwhite06

seanwhite06 New Member

Rides:
    runner 172, zx6r
    how the fuk do you know what i have or have not done! :wtf:
    and yes i have been there and done lc to ac conversions. got one sat in my garden right now actually.
    dont know if different ac engines have different stud lenghts. ( maybe differnt series or summat) but i didnt have to wind them up atall! :confused:cratch:

o yea and agreed runner.net is shit lol, full of noobs who know fuk all. lol