Full Custom NRG Power Project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Jiz0#, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Jiz0#

Jiz0# Customizing knows NO limits !

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DD
    Hello dear Scootershack members, I'd like to present my NRG power Custom Going :)
    Have fun reading !

Started early 2012.
    Got this NRG Power AC DT, was pretty decent at the time, had some "minor mods" but a horrible paintjob (Light blue + White)
    I liked the Idea of the Blue and white but not light blue, so since the engine was all okay and pretty decent i only added a Muva 2000 and a torque control mk2 and open airfilter. So the engine had the following setup :
    Stage6 Racing 50cc MK1
    Top Perf. Trophy Crankshaft Kit + Bearings
    Leovince ZX Chrome
    MuVa 2000
    Stage6 Belt
    Stage6 racing drive pulley
    Stage6 R/T Torque control mk2.

The Optics had been only painting and different turnlights on the back.
    So I removed the front fender (since it was broken anyways) put a straight handlebar on it, a Lexus Style LED rearlight, a Kiesler Back Cover, and a YSS X-Pro Damper + White Spring and a 8cm Uplift Set.

[​IMG]

Then I got seriously pissed by the light blue and the white paint was coming off from some of the covers
    So I repainted it in Midnight Blue and White (again)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That lasted about a half year, until I lost controll in the rain over my scoot, and I was so pissed because my rearbrake which was a drum didnt pull properly so I had to use the front brake and thats why I slipped.

So I pulled out the whole Electrics, the old DT block, and stripped it down onto its framework.

I de-rusted the frame, and applyed anti-rust primer and white paint onto the frame.
    Also did some enlightning to the frame so the overall weight of the frame was about only 17-20kg itself.

[​IMG]

After that had been done I started thinking, what could I do to that bodywork ?
    Got it, do some cuttings to the front, that'll look awesome, and so it did.
    And for the rear bodywork I thought, it would be cool to have some cuttings like the Aerox BCD rearbodykit.
    After that was done, i thought, this aint enough, so I might wanna put these parts together with fibreglas, but later for that.

[​IMG]

So then I started acquiring parts, basicly all I did in first place I traded in my old xbox 360 for a "midrace" project that hadnt been done properly so it failed.
    It used to be a NRG MC3 and basicly the engine was tackled together as if a 3 year old had worked on it, but not everything in and on it was ruined, and that was my luck so I could accquire some useful parts, which were a inlet spacer, and 28mm carb.
    It also came with a Bicycle Stem for the handlebar, and a M-Handlebar, so I put that onto my NRG.

[​IMG]

The rest was trash :3

Then I bought a used Innerrotor, make: Italkit, and a DD block with a stock tranny and nothing else.

A few days later after Christmas I got myself a 4-Piston brake caliper make Stage6 R/T in Hard adonised finished and a version mk1 with the prettier branding ;)

A few weeks later I got a Stage6 HPC crankshaft, also used, and my brand new Stage6 Racing MK2 70cc, which made me pretty damn happy tho !

[​IMG]

Now I popped off with the question, which wheels am I going to get ?

And a mate of mine donated me a SR50R Rearwheel + Pickup, Brakedisc, caliper (2 piston) and a complete braking flex line since he tore his SR50R apart because he was sick and tired of it.
    Front wheel changed a few times from a Runner wheel, to the stock Rim, then to a MC3 rim, then again stock and so on...

[​IMG]

So then I had that standing around for a while like that then.

[​IMG]

but then on 9th. March 2013 I went to Saarbrücken in Germany (saarland) to go to the Scooter Attack custom show, and I got some pretty awesome New-Parts for cheap prices.

Aerox Oversize Brakedisc 280mm + Adapter
    Double Layer Airfilter
    Overrange 2000 (Piaggio short)
    Stage6 R/T Oversize Belt
    Stage6 R/T Bearings
    Koso Multijet 28mm Carb
    Stage6 NBR reed valve
    Stage6 R/t wing cooler clutchbell
    Stage6 R/T 4-Piston Caliper adaptor

[​IMG]

So I put the engine pretty much together, as far as I could.

[​IMG]

But I was still missing some stuff like an exhaust and waterpump, pulley drive and minor parts.

So a few weeks later I ordered pretty much anything except for the exhaust on Scooter-Attack.

[​IMG]

So then it was standing around in my workshop, and I had a pair of stock Aerox wheels flying around, so I came around the idea of putting aerox wheels beneath it.
    Said and done I made a plan and et-voila I had a NRG with aerox wheels. ta-da.
    (not telling how tho)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(not to forget a ZX cause that adds 10bhp instant)

So then I came around the idea of finally starting to add some fiberglass to the back.
    That worked out well and the final layer of fiberglass and topping took a few days to be done, but I was pretty happy with the end-result.

[​IMG]

END RESULT:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also cleaned some of the "interior", well basicly just the legshield.

Then "D-Day" turned up, August, 23th 2013 start of the SaWE 2013, and I wanted to turn up,
    but my exhaust came in late, and then when it was all together this babe wouldnt want to start ;(

Once it was here we directly got to it :)

[​IMG]

It was a hard way getting her together, we worked 2 days straight, and this is what she looked like on August, 23 2013 9:00 am, the event started on NOON !

[​IMG]

We (my mate & I) wanted to start on the annual Scooter-Attack WeekEnd (alias) SaWe, but we didnt make it because my exhaust came in too late which was a Yasuni c20,
    and we had some other problems getting mine to run!

Because somehow my kickstart didnt grab the pulley properly and stuff, but thats it for now, Paintjob will follow in the next few weeks, and final finish too.
    This is how she looks like at the moment :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope you enjoyed :)

PS: I will add all related pics when I get my phone back from maintence haha !

Subw00fer likes this.
  2. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    awesome like usual bro :D

Jiz0# likes this.
  3. southweezy19

southweezy19 hardcore ss member

Rides:
    yamaha neos!!
    That's sick love the overall look of the scoot mate

Jiz0# likes this.
  4. Jiz0#

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DD
    Thanks mate :)
    More updates to come !

5. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    so nice I WANT IT

6. Jiz0#

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DD
    Thanks fella, but I'm afraid she isn't for sale ;b

7. ScootBlend

ScootBlend Member

Rides:
    NrgPower09
    Please tell me how you got aerox wheels under there :D I know how to get the rear wheel on but front wheel with stock shocks? Send a private message or smthn..
    Anyway, best of luck with your nrg!

8. Jiz0#

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DD
    Sorry to be mean but thats a highly kept secret ;)
    Find out for yourself the solution is as simple as it could be ;)

9. ScootBlend

ScootBlend Member

Rides:
    NrgPower09
    Any updates? :D