connecting gilly engine to speedfight loom.. Easy or am i dreaming?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by speedy-demon, Mar 10, 2013.

1. speedy-demon

speedy-demon ■□■□■□■□■□■□

Rides:
    Like a pro
    Im sure i could get the gilly engine running on its own (out the frame with the original wiring) then if im rite all i need to do is chop the loom to bare minimum (just the engine wiring) find the power output and connect it to the speedy loom, then conect an engine cut-off switch wire into the speedfight loom.

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Sounds easy, let us know how you get on!

3. Jack James Coulson

Jack James Coulson Special Guy...

Rides:
    Suzuki TS 125 R
    you probably can. doesn't sound too bad. worth a shot! :D

4. kylespeedfight

kylespeedfight Active Member

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    doesnt stage6 have a loom conversion for the speedfight?

Jack James Coulson likes this.
  5. speedy-demon

Rides:
    Like a pro
    worth a try:) iv already got the stage6 engine mount and the wiring but there useless with the 125 gilera engine.. sits on a stupid angle! just hope it works out

Jack James Coulson likes this.
  6. speedy-demon

Rides:
    Like a pro
    theres a build thread in the scooter project section if your intrested.

7. toby ball

toby ball speedfight 180

Rides:
    speedfight 180cc
    Hardest part of the conversion if you do this wrong its burns melted my hole wireing loom first go had to fit new loom the kit stage 6 sells works fine wireing could be easyer if they give instructions lol. my speedy wheelys fine the bracket is safe as houses mines solid same as fitting a 172 engine in a gilera 50 frame realy. mine is evil to ride pull that throttle front wheels up and pulls like a train

8. toby ball

toby ball speedfight 180

Rides:
    speedfight 180cc
    That is right the engine will run on its own with the cdi And the coil set up leaves you 3 wires if i remember 2 yellow a green. ones for charging batterie other 2 join to a three way switch that opens on a 12v current. when ignition turns of on opens switch allows engine to run. When switch is of shorts engine this is how it runs in the original engine copy the wireing diagram in a haines manual gelps loads

9. toby ball

toby ball speedfight 180

Rides:
    speedfight 180cc
    A relay switch get one thats the only thing you need to add and a soildering iron. dont soilder intill it works keep the standered size fuse in dont change it if you blow fuse somethings wrong. you will work it out in the end took me over 4 weeks reading books looking at pictures this is the hardest bit of the conversion good luck.

10. speedy-demon

Rides:
    Like a pro
    im quite technical so im hoping after studying both wiring harnesses and diagrams ill be able to combine them and run everything through a fuse box for safety, ill hook up a seperate temperature guage and kill switch and iv got an alarm with remote start so thats a good theft deterrent along with afew oversized locks:) cant do anything till the engines built so iv got eneugh time to think it out.