Aprilia sr 50 project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by slawzy14, May 24, 2011.

1. slawzy14

slawzy14 New Member

Hi this is my 2000 Aprilia SR 50 which i have had since about September. I am currently in the middle of doing it up, so I would let you guys see my progress so far!
    This is how the bike started, I paid £200 for it with no tax or mot, needed a little bit of work and it flew through the mot.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then I gave it a bit of a clean.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Got the belly pan.
    [​IMG]
    Swapped my old exhaust for this technigas one and £40 with my mate as he was selling his bike at the time so decided to swap :grin:
    [​IMG]
    I then got a idea im gunna put speakers in my seat so after a couple of weeks i eventually did it, and here they are, the amplifier board was originally from pc speaker but i cut the pc speakers off and put these big ones in :)
    here they are when i finished them.
    [​IMG]
    Me and my mate went out for a bit and took some pictures
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    i then thought ill buy proper speakers and redo them, so here they are :) but i am going to cover it with leather soon :) i am ordering a proper amplifier for them as well so it looks tidy i will upload a picture of the amplifier tomorrow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My main wheel bearing has had it so the bike is now off the road until i get the new one -.- but heres the bike as it stands now :lol:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is the bearing :lol:
    [​IMG]
    trying to get the gearbox off, not sure how to it just wont come out, any ideas?
    [​IMG]
    the bike again
    [​IMG]
    cut the number plate bracket off so all i had was one bit of plastic so i made a tail tidy really
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    switch the front panel from this one
    [​IMG]
    to this one:D
    [​IMG]
    i bought some blue lenses for my indicators also.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    i am going to replace these head lights with carbon look angel eye lights
    [​IMG]
    i also ordered some blue brake levers from adrenaline pedstop when i ordered my polini 4.9g rollers
    [​IMG]
    well my battery cover was really tatty and my dad had some spray paint, so i asked him to spray it just so it looked better, and here it is.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    heres my belly pan, i haven't put it back on yet along with a few other panels because soon the bike will be getting sprayed so theres not much point really.
    [​IMG]
    heres my tax disc holder.
    [​IMG]
    this is my exhaust it has cracked :lol: [​IMG]
    and this is why it cracked because the bracket i made aint worked how i wanted it to but i have now found a solution to this problem.[​IMG]

still have alot more plans for the bike, i will be spraying it black and keeping anthing which is blue on the bike blue, so the scheme i am going for is black and blue, i also have blue monster energy stickers to be put on also :grin:

Thanks for looking.
    Nick.

2. slawzy14

slawzy14 New Member

My dad is currently in the middle of respraying his bike, and I have now decided I am going to respray it blue instead of black. This is the blue I am going to be doing it :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. slawzy14

slawzy14 New Member

Well I've cracked on with spraying the bike and I've also started making a little modification to make my bike look better ;)
    This is what I started with
    [​IMG]
    I cut it to fit into the back of the seat panel where the seat would normally sit but instead its now this, this is a spare panel which i dont need which i tested it on:)
    [​IMG]
    Now its in place and looks good :)
    [​IMG]
    So i went out and bought some fibre glass
    [​IMG]
    Fibre glassed it all on
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    fillered the endges up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and then after alot of hard work ive nearly done it :)
    [​IMG]
    afer the panels have been sprayed:) also added some stickers on to the top panel:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    assembled to how it should look and i must say it look pretty darn good:)
    [​IMG]
    the next panel ready to be prepped for paint, needs sanding down and then ill beable to spray it:)
    [​IMG]
    and heres a rough guide to what the bike is going to look like :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

watch this space for more updates!:)

4. Cjkt

Cjkt Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    Looking good mate nice to see a project with alot of pictures!

5. slawzy14

slawzy14 New Member

Thanks mate, and yeah ive noticed a few project on here have been started with a few pictures but never updated but there is alot of good projects on here though :) ive been looking at aerox ones mainly. because im 17 but i have a 50cc but i cant afford a 125 scrambler which i want more but wont happen, so im looking at getting a aerox 100 after ive done this one and spraying it ford st green :) but scooters are better than scrambler tbh anyway as you can do alot more to the like the speakers in the seat etc but what you gunna do witch scrambler not much you can do apart for some paint and stickers :lol:

6. northrider

northrider Member

you should get the anggel eye headlight i think they look good on sr's

7. Gamble

Gamble Member

Nice project mate! The spray job looks quality as well, did you do it with rattle can or compressor? Would be well happy with a finish like that! :thumbsup: Not keen on the anodised blue bits but nice to see it all coming together, keep it updated. :)

8. slawzy14

slawzy14 New Member

Thanks mate, and I did it with a rattle can, I am very pleased with the spray job I didnt think it would turn out like that, I thought I would of had runs in the paint because ive never been to good at spraying ive always got runs in it but this tie I didnt :) and yeaah i wont be buying any ore anodized parts if i do buy any its only going to be a jack up kit and maybe some bolts but thats it. And I am just about to do a update now :)

9. slawzy14

slawzy14 New Member

I am getting some its just atm I havent got the money in about 3 weeks I will probally of bought some:)

10. slawzy14

slawzy14 New Member

Well after waiting 3 weeks my bearing and oil seal finally come this morning so earlier on i put it all on:) and nearly ready to go, I finished spraying panels today as well. Well apart for the belly pan and front radiator panel bit, Which I will be spraying the front panel part tomorrow but the belly pan I am going to spray black:) well here are some pictures for you guys after I sprayed the panel:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thought I would start sticker bombing my Speakers with spare stickers I have, I am thinking of doing the whole thing like it?
    [​IMG]
    Heres some of the panels on the bike:) and the bike is nearly complete now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and then I fitted the indicators back on:)
    [​IMG]
    Keep looking at this space for more updates.

11. slawzy14

slawzy14 New Member

I sprayed my engine casing white:)
    [​IMG]
    the aprilia letters have been done blue
    [​IMG]
    Heres the letters need redoing proper but it will do for now:)
    [​IMG]
    starting to put it all back together :)
    [​IMG]
    basically put back together here
    [​IMG]
    and here the bike is, nearly finished only a few more things to do on it and then its done
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    more updates to come!

12. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

The whites a bit errmm out of place?

Keep it up otherwise!

13. J4CK

J4CK Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG 172
    Naice :blink:

14. slawzy14

slawzy14 New Member

Yeaaaah, I don't think the white looks right either lol, but ill just keep it as that now because will probably be selling it in like a month. How much do you reckon I could get for it? it will have angel eye headlights when its sold and the bike will be finished completely as well and will have 5 months tax and mot. and thanks mate :grin:

15. slawzy14

slawzy14 New Member

Thanks matee :grin:

16. Camskii97

Camskii97 New Member

Rides:
    2009 Yamaha Aerox 50
    Should Of Kept Engine Casing Black And Sprayed Your Custom Rear Seat Blue And Fitted That And Maybe Some Blue Bolts/Screws Too Then It Would Of Looked Pretty Cool :)

17. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    very good project i really like it!! its beautifull! :p