Aprilia Sr 125/172 Project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by billy_sr, Mar 18, 2010.

1. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

Right, got myself a Sr125 the last week for £300. Needs speedo cable, battery, by the looks of it a rear wheel, rear tyre, and thats about it, possibly engine bushes/ slient block, but im trying to get it through the MOT first and when i rebuild the engine thats when they will be replaced.

This is how i got it 12/03/2010:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What my Plans are:

172 kit
    Standard or Pm 52 pipe
    25mm carb
    Maunal choke conversion
    SRT lightened Flywheel
    Malossi Filter Burger Filter (Got)
    Led rear lights
    Angle eye lights
    Undertray
    Cut down mudgaurd (done)
    Respray in white with gloss black inners and Blue metal flake
    Seat needs recovering, in black or white
    Custom front panel or the one of the 50
    Polished Transmission case
    Blue Renthal Bars and White/Black stem (maybe stage6)
    Stage6 fuel gauge and Koso speedometer
    Blue rim tape
    Flush indicators for rear
    Smoked lenses
    Line seat bucket with Fur :yahoo:
    Side stand

and thats about it!

18/03/2010

Today i have Sprayed the front wheel, mudgaurd, fork bottoms, Revamped a malossi filter i had lying around, Started rubbing down some of panels. Thats about it for today, its already got Dragster Paoli shock on it which is quite nice, spring could do with a powder coat, does anyone know how to get the spring off? and do i need special tools to get it back on, as im guessing it needs to be compressing to get back on?

I get paid next week, so shall see some more stuff going on when that comes ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
  3. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

Im sure i stated i was doing gloss black inners and white outside pans? anyway thats what im going, sanding down all the material so its all smooth. yeh that doesnt look too bad.

4. Sh0x

Sh0x New Member

Cheeeaap!

But I wouldnt trust putting all that money into the engine of that bike. I reckon its a ticking timebomb if given some beans. You not changing crank?

5. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

its not having any mods on it at the moment for the engine atleast. But when i do buy the parts i will be purchasing a new crank now you mention it, iv heard that just 172 kit can fuck the crank, and the engine has a fair few miles on it so yeh, i will be rebuilding the engine for summer or might do it over winter, might change the spec, im thinking:

172 kit ported
    cases flowed
    New bearings, gaskets etc
    BGM crank? havnt looked into cranks any idea's?
    Possibly a TDR pipe or jollymoto 172

6. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

Update 21/03/2010

Painted the shock up today with just gloss black and green with a bursh, just to make it look better for the mean time, im planning on getting it powdercoated in a few months, and painted the carb, left float bowl on because i cba to mask the bottom up, im spraying the float gloss black. Colours are going White main body, gloss black inners, few small bits in green and green holagraphic flake over everything, should spray it in a week or so. Also put wheel on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

Updated carb pic:

[​IMG]

the green is darker in real life and the black is alot glossier aswell ;)

8. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    wow :confused:hock:

9. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

haha, not too everyones taste, it looks better in real life ;)

10. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    personally if i was gonna paint a carb it would be silver, better yet i'd lob it in a parts washer for a bit , comes out spanking and looking brand new.

but hey, watever floats your boat billy, front wheel don't look too bad, polish the lips :thumbsup:

11. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

im gonna chuck it on there and see what it looks like, if it looks shit then ill paint it black, and if that looks shit then silver it is ;) wont be able to tell anything till its painted ;)

12. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    am i the only one that loves the green on the carb and think it looks tidy? ;) :mod:

13. 172runn3r

172runn3r New Member

yes :confused:cratch: ...

[​IMG]

14. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

just put it back on the bike and got to say looks 100x better on it.

15. Sh0x

Sh0x New Member

THOUGHT THE GREEN LOOKED A LITTLE OFFKEY... ITS JUST LIKELY TO GET PETROL ON IT AND START FLAKING? BLOODY CAPSLOCK

I LIKE THE MATT RED CARB UP THERE THOUGH..

ASLONG AS YOU LIKE IT THOUGH MAN, ITS YOUR BIKE ;)

16. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

i put it on the bike and looks better on than off, but still not sure, will change it when i spray the bike i imagine, people keep saying petrol will get over it, but why? if all my pipes are connected and iv put it back together properly then it wont leak petrol will it ;)
    Im also painting the engine black soon, so might look good against a black engine.
    [​IMG]

17. Sh0x

Sh0x New Member

Although lines are tight you may still get slightest drip of petrol driping. And being a 2t its likely at some point to need the carb off again at which point causing drips to the painted parts. Its not a big issue, just keep ontop of it. As long as you like it and are happy to maintain it, thats all that matters. Kinda funky. Like a ninja turtle :grin:

18. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

haha, very true, might get it powdercoated when i send my shock off anyway, so we shall see, Should be MOT'd next week, so fingers crossed! Then its Lightned flywheel, maybe a pipe and spray job ;) oh yeh and may even chuck some renthals on it :)

19. Sh0x

Sh0x New Member

Renfooooools

Had them on my SR, looked abit odd but hey, it felt nice

20. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

Yeh i had downhill bars on my old Sr they loooked nice, but they stuck out too far, so im getting proper stem and some bars, just got to decide where my wages go o_O