Aerox ReBuild Project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by 70ccAerox, Jul 31, 2012.

1. 70ccAerox

70ccAerox Member

hi all i posted up a project thread on here before but it didnt happen due to problems with my car and said ill have a bash of it now, i only have pics of it since a few months ago and has covered and in my shed since then till a few days ago i got a mad buzz to start driving it again, currently driving a 220bhp glanza,and helped restore my dads cb400 in the last few months and took it for a quick spin making me want a bike again lol

heres the only pics at the moment hope to get proper pics tomorrow with better camera of the work i did in the last few days

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thinking either spraying it jaquar green or metalic or gloss black?

all comments welcome

2. FiddyRox

FiddyRox Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    Spray it jag green and do the wheels gold ;)

You got any pics of the Glanza?

3. 70ccAerox

70ccAerox Member

mmm that could work well :) always loved aeroxs in jaq green since my friend had one he was always saying how rare it was lol

sure do bud heres a recent enough pic of it
    [​IMG]

4. FiddyRox

FiddyRox Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    Thats lovely mate! My mate just got one, 'only' running 160bhp but its damn quick!

5. 70ccAerox

70ccAerox Member

cheers mate yup there a fast car alright i call mine the baby evo lol! nothing has beat me yet hope to catch some evos out with it :) will have better pics up today of the aerox:)

6. 70ccAerox

70ccAerox Member

decided to order parts last night for the build and got cracking on cleaning up the bike since it was filthy, ordered a 17.5 delorto carb,12mm x 47mm gudgeon pin,2 12mm mallossi pins and a small end needle bearing to fit the 12mm pin. I know i wont get the most out of my setup with the 17.5mm carb but ill get that later on once im finished with the bikes looks :)

took some pics of the spec list parts today with my proper camera im hoping to get the proper spec of some parts as im just guessing at the moment

[​IMG]
    Paint peeling off the wheels :(
    [​IMG]
    rust on the frame :( and the mallosi variator and bigger belt
    [​IMG]
    mallossi clutch and gear kit is mallossi also
    [​IMG]
    i think its a polini crank pin for piston is 17mm and has power 1 wrote on the rod?
    [​IMG]
    mallossi cdi
    [​IMG]
    mhr 70cc kit
    [​IMG]
    painted the frame red as it was getting rusty and cleaned up the bike abit
    [​IMG]
    bit cleaner :)
    [​IMG]

hope to have the carb tomorrow and get cracking on putting it all together :cool: will also be respraying the wheels and whole bike and painting the front of the frame once i get front panels off

thanks for looking and any ideas welcome

7. Todi-Corsa

Todi-Corsa 4 stroke thumper

Looking good mate, wire wheel the frame to metal and get some red oxide on, that will keep the rust at bay better than just paint and its a lot better than hamerite which some people use that just flakes off after a while.

Spray it Nato green with black wheels I did a paint job on a mates SV650 in that scheme and it looked evil... and its cheap to do :)

8. 70ccAerox

70ccAerox Member

cheers will do once i get it running first got a few parts today for the build gonna get going now at it :)
    i hope to get a few ideas from aeroxs on here cant decide on black,green,red or jaquar green for it :(

this is the present i got today :)
    [​IMG]
    17.5mm carb,gidgeon pin, clips and crank small bearing :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope ye like :cool:

9. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Yess,, I like it,,, lovin the red frame, was thinking of doing mine white but couldnt be arsed haha

As u know i like my red-ness...but the Jag green is a lovely combination..but not gold wheels... id go for some lime green or chrome wheels :)

Good little project this :)

10. 70ccAerox

70ccAerox Member

Cheers ;)savage cleaning gotta be done tomorrow got the bike running tonight :Dover the moon with it have a few issues to sort tomorrow main two are it seems to be running very high which could be accelerator cable needs adjusting hopefully or over number 2 my exhaust gasket blowing very badly which needs replacing

overall im a very happy camper tonight i treated a ferw panels to black paint also and will be spending the day cleaning it tomorrow :Dthinking of buying a full black tnt kit i think next if money allows lol

11. 70ccAerox

70ccAerox Member

well tought id update this :) got the bike running the other day but was only running with the choke only so checked for air leaks sealed reeds and carb up again and and had to mess with the air fuel mixture screw fully in a think and now the bike runs without the choke and revs up fine but seams over 30 percent throttle bogs down like too much air?i have no air filter fitted could this be it?

took a few pics too since it was its first time running in ages took it outta the shed to run for a while :Dnext up is bodywork and need a spark plug cap as mine is slipping off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    really nice project right here ;) that red frame looks class :D but dont paint it green it will l0ok like shit i think :confused:

and that glanza holy shit man it must be fast!!

13. 70ccAerox

70ccAerox Member

cheers ;)thinking black the more i look at it now like the pic in my avatar :D yup shes fast alright not much will keep with it id say got beat by a highly tuned gsxr 600 the other day lol first time i lost a race:eek:

14. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Glanza looks tidyyyyy mate :) i like...

Also could be because u have no air filter yeah... fit the standard airbox and see what happens :)

15. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    btw black aerox would look some much better :)