Aerox Race Replica presents Sweden.

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Aerox Replica, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Aerox Replica

Aerox Replica Member

Im new here at ScooterSchack.co.uk so i can start to presentate myself. Hi my name is Joakim, im a 16 years old boy and im from Sweden. Im new here as you maybe can see. I decided to sign up because i see this as a opportunity to increase my English language and at the same time have som fun with you guys. Well heres my project of my Yamaha Aerox Race Replica from 2008, i hope you'll enjoy it :) I want you to know that im from sweden, and in sweden we style our scoots a bit different than other countrys, nothing bad said to you guys! I hope you still going to like it. Im sorry for my english, it's not the best, but im trying as good as i can, i hope you understand what i write. Cheers!

Well i start to show you some pictures how it looked like when i first bought it.

[​IMG]
    These three pictures was how it first looked like when i bought it, personly i thought it looked very very bad, and thats why i decided to fix it ofcourse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

History: I want to tell you why i decided aerox when i bought a scooter. Personly i think its the coolest scooter, i like the brutal look in it, its comfortable to drive, the engine is powerful. The only thing i doesn't like with it is that its kind of heavy, 97 kilos. But that doesn't really matter for me. The reason why i bought it is actually that my uncle had one, and i had the opportunity to drive it at a age of twelve, and from then i knew that it would be an Aerox that i should buy. Enough of history and so on. Much has been fixed since i bought it.

Setup:

Leovince TT Handmade Exhaust.
    Stage 6 sport pro Clutch.
    Stage 6 hard compression spring.
    4.25 gram rollers.
    Polini speedbelt.
    Polini speedcontrol variator.
    Original cylinder, new one is coming. ( stage 6 (aluminium) 50 cc ).
    Carbon reeds

Well then lets start.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just got my new parts from Twostroke. Wich was Koso LED tail light, polini speedbelt, stage 6 sport pro clutch springs.

[​IMG]
    The new taillight :D

[​IMG]

This is how it looks like at the moment.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately my cylinder gave up, a piston clip dropped of from the piston and fell down into the crankcase and smashed into parts. And that was how my cylinder broke, as you can se on these pictures there is grooves in the cylinder bore and also a grove on the piston. That was why it didnt start. This was my original cylinder wich gave up.

Some pictures from when i de - montated the cylinder:

[​IMG]
    The cylinder head.

[​IMG]
    The piston, look at that groove :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The cylinder bore, also some brutal grooves in there.

[​IMG]
    Needle layer.

Well the next wich is coming up is to order a new cylinder, im going to buy this one :

Stage 6 (alu) 50 cc.

https://www.scooter-attack.com/shop...67016601A-Cylinder-Stage6-Aluminium-50cc.html

That was all for now, please comment. Give feedback and critisism.

/ Joakim

Update 26th of january 2012.
    Hi there, i thought to show you some new pics. Well i let the pictures talk for themselves!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Black it looks more stock, as you maybe know, in sweden the speed limit is 45 kmh for scooters..... :( And mine has been up in 70 kmh so far, but it isnt maxed yet. And now soon a new cylinder, so maybe 80+ after this? :p

[​IMG]

My new parts.

[​IMG]
    My new airfilter box! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A extra foto of the taillight from another angle because you liked it.

Peace out! :) / Joakim

Some links when i am driving my aerox.

This first movie was when i first bought it, it was stock, but the only thing is that the variator ring was removed. Top speed here is around 65 kmh.

This movie is when i just put the new exhaust on, and revv little.
    bad quality as.. but anyway.

This last is when i have put into a bigger yet (72) and changed the rollers into 4.25 grams, sorry for the camera angle, i saw that afterwards... ^^ Lean your head to the right, and enjoy.

Cheers.

Update 29th of January 2012.

Hi there, i just painted my battery cover blank black, and im also goiing to put in some old pictures, before i painted my front forks and my handle bar. Pictures of the handlebar wich i also painted, i will put that up tomorrow or so.

[​IMG]
    Battery cover.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

well that was all for now, but tomorrow i will put i some pictures of my handlebar etc.

/Joakim!

Hi there, ill put some more pics up, enjoy.

[​IMG]
    They're washed.

[​IMG]
    My variator rollers.

[​IMG]
    And just got my new compression spring. ( Stage 6 Hard )

/Jocke

Update 31th january 2012.

Hi there, im going to order a new cylinder frm scooterattack next week. Will be : stage 6 (alu) 50 cc cylinder.

And some pics of my handlebar wich i painted. Didn't like the old blue color that much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

/ Jocke.

Update 13 january 2012.
    Hi there, today my dad came home with my package. Wich contained my new cylinder! Stage 6 (Alu) 50 cc :D I need to buy a new needle bearing before i put the new cylinder on, also need a new spark plug, (BR9ES). Tomorrow im going to travel to a scooter shop near me and i will see if they got any needle bearings, spark plugs i know they have. If they have the stuff i will buy it :) Need a new needle bearing before i put the new cylinder on, because i want all new stuff in the engine. Best to have fresh parts. Today I had only time to oil in the crankcase and put on the studs. Update will come tomorrow, but over to the pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I repainted this because there was paint that had detached.

[​IMG]
    This is how far i came today. I will continue tomorrow if I got hold of the needle bearings and a spark plug !

Cheers! / Jocke

Update 14 februari 2012.

Hi everybody! I went to leos about 14.00, i asked if they had any needle bearings, they didnt have in stock, but he said it was in really good shape so i didn't need to get a new one! So i just bought a new spark plug wich was NGK BR9ES! He just said it was very important to oil it in much, or put bearing grease on it!

When i came home i montated everything! Was very much job to put the second piston clip on but it went on after 45 minutes.. ^^ Everything is montated now, but the moped is very unset at the moment, but ill fix that when its getting hotter outside. Tomorrow im going to put the stage 6 compression spring on (hard). Enough talk, over to the pics! Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    Now the piston is on! After 45 minutes of work to get the second piston clip on! :D

[​IMG]
    Top lid with gaskets!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cloosing in for start up!

[​IMG]
    Random pic on my loved exhaust!

[​IMG]

[youtube]

First start up.. No sound because of the microphone on my mobile wich is broken.. Didn't thought of that when i filmed.

[youtube]

Same with this movie, no sound :( I will get new films tomorrow when i start it and when i drive!

Im enormously happy about it started and everything is on now!!

Comment boys and girls!

/ Joakim

Update 15 februari 2012.

Hi! Yesterday i remembered that i had red racing clutch springs in my clutch, i changed back today to stage 6 soft, and putted my original compression spring back. My variator belt still slips, so im going to order new clutch springs (medium and hard) I also changed to my stage 6 hard compression spring, but the belt still slips, so its the springs fault (to soft in at the moment) I also changed from JET 74 to 82, now its better than before. Also changed the throttle to lowermost notch. (most bensin) I changed beacause i felt 74 jet was to small. I filmed the second start up wich i will share a film on :)

[youtube]
    Here you have the movie wich i said, i filmed when i drived but it didnt record.. new film tomorrow when i drive.. :)

Well, that was all for now. / Jocke

Update 15 february 2012. (evening update) - order ).

Hello again. Just ordered stage 6 clutch spring set (soft, medium, hard) Hope they will arrive at friday :D

/ Jocke

Update 16 februari 2012.
    Hi there, today i started to clean my kick gear, kick spring and so on. Beacause it was very slow when you kicked.. So i will clean it and oil it in firmly and i will hope it will be easier to kick. That it wents back fast. Oh my god, my english is so bad right now lol .. :)

[​IMG]
    This is the parts wich i tryed to clean a bit! They also sent my package today with my stage 6 clutch springs, i know they will arrive tomorrow :D Maybe update then.

/ Aerox Replica

Update 17 January 2012.
    Hi there, today i went and picked up my package. ( Stage 6 clutch springs ) And this time they fitted in really well! I started to put the medium ones in. Also montated my kick starter and oh my god, its so easy to kick! And it wents back automatically! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

/ Joakim

Update 18 Februari 2012.

Hi, got little bored so i cleaned my engine cover inside. Just kinda fast.

[​IMG]

/ Aerox Replica

Update 22 Februari 2012.

Hi there, i havent updated that much the last time, because of i have not that much to do. But i took apart my exhaust silencer because it sounded so much, was very thin silencer wool så i stopped in som thicker! Also my birth were 20 february, so got little money now J
    Also bought a 78 jet at LEOS, goes much better now!

Over to the pics.

[​IMG]
    Opened, and this was what it contained..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Its actually a little more silent now than before, wich is good.

/ Aerox replica.

Update 27 Februari 2012.

Update.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I lowed the font forks with2.5 cm, this is the result:

[​IMG]
    On this pic it isnt lowed, took this before i did it.

/ Aerox Replica

Update 28 februari 2012.

UPDATE. Start to renovate my engine cover, i will polate it.

[​IMG]
    Random bild.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Dad bought me some stuff.

/ Aerox Replica

Update 29 februari 2012.

Hi everyone, yesterday i took av the back wheel to polish the rim edges. Well this is the result.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The engine cover isnt done yet, not in long ways.

[​IMG]

/ Joakim

Update 1 mars 2012.

Hi there, new month, goes really fast these days.. I just have a movie for you, i hope it will be alright. Enjoy !

[youtube]

All for now, cheers!

/ Jocke

Update 3 mars 2012.
    Hi there! I have continue to polish the engine cover. Result:

[​IMG]
    I shall polish some more rounds, not done yet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats was all, comment now!

/ Jocke

Update to show Stathis :)

Stathis this is how you lower your forks!

I didnt low this much, just 2.5 cm :)

[​IMG]

There you go stathis! :D

Update 12th och June,2012.

Hi there, it was a long time agoo you've seen me here. I hope you wont get disapointed, but i sold my aerox and bought a Derbi DRD Limited Edition from 08. I'll put some pics in how my aerox looked just before i sold it, and some pics on my new baby :) AND.. In some days i will go get a peugeot ludix snake furious for 2.5 thousand, Leovince zx exhaust etc etc. It doesnt work atm, it wont start. But Im going to fix it, and the reason why i want to buy it, is to stunt with it! Wheelie and so on. Maybe will put an project up here at scooter shack. Well lets take a look at the pics than.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My derbi.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think im stuck in the mud.. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

/ Jocke :)

2. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

välkomna Joakim !!!

Nice wee rox ;)

3. Aerox Replica

Aerox Replica Member

Thanks mate :)

4. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    nice front forks mate :)

5. Aerox Replica

Aerox Replica Member

Thank you very much! :) I were really happy about the result!

6. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    i would be too :) they look so good

Aerox Replica likes this.
  7. Aerox Replica

Aerox Replica Member

Thank you! :)

You can do it yourself to, just buy any nice colour you like. Then de montate the forks, start grind away the old colour / material. Once you grinded properly you use like acetone to wipe dirt and colour away from the forks. Then just spray them. And in the middle where i polished them, i grinded with fine-grained sandpaper, then i polished the surface with chrome polish/ chrome shine.

Very easy and nice result!

8. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    Really nice project there mate!

But...i really need to make a project of my scoot! :jealous: :p
    aerox's are really good scoots and they are fast even stock! they look sexy aswell!
    Dam that whole kit looks really smashed up :confused:

Im waiting to see more! :)

9. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

I have to say the rear of the aerox is just the nicest one on peds these days. With an underseat tray it just looks amazing!...

10. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    i have to agree, the aerox rear end once tidied up looks cracking, i have a similar style tail light with the indicators built in. However i still have the stock belly pan for now.

You have many of the visual modifications on your bike that i would like (mx bar conversion etc)

Keep up the good work bud.

11. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Nice rox, May I ask why you went with a Alu 50 kit ? Over say a Malossi Sport ? Will be roughly same power but sport will last A LOT longer. Or the stage 6 street race as it's stamped with 49cc.

12. Canning1337

Canning1337 Scooter Tuner

Rides:
    Yamaha Aerox 50
    Nice aerox so far buddy!! Can I ask how you installed the White Metal Mesh inside your front air intake? I'm thinking of getting some mesh for my Aerox, and I wondered how you stuck it down.

Good job so far bro!

13. roxy boy

roxy boy Well-Known Member

Rides:
    roxi
    jus cut the intake bit out on the grill and bent it round and glue it nice and stong

this is mine

14. roxy boy

roxy boy Well-Known Member

Rides:
    roxi
    this is mine

Attached Files:

15. rems

rems 2000 pac man zip

nice aerox dude :)

love the rear :)

16. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    We don't like those stickers here ;) Haha.

So what else you got planned for this rox then ??

17. Aerox Replica

Aerox Replica Member

Yes the exhaust is really nice, i bought it new for only 90 euros, it was really worth it! And the acceleration is awesome!

Really fun that you guys appreciate my project, that keeps my to continue!

Yes of course i will keep up the good work ;)

/ Jocke

Thank you very much! :) Then do a project, fun to see your scoot aswell! Personly i think aerox is the coolest scoot of them all, the acceleration stock isn't that good to be honest, but that pretends from person to person of course. I like the brutality in the front light of aerox, it looks amazing!

Fun that you wait for more! ALOT more than just this has happened, but it wasnt necessery to put in all the old photos, it was better to show some old and some of the latest pics :) Cheers!

Thank you! The alu 50 kit is the one i think about right now, i found it really cheap from SA, and i want a cylinder with more power than the original one. Of course i can choose polini or malossi sport, but its a big price difference between these three. And the stage 6 was the right price for me, and the effect that it gives is okay aswell.

Thank you mate! :) I took of the white grill from the front cowl / cope, i hope you understand that word. Then i cutted out the pieces of galler so they fitted the holes of the front cowl / cope, then i just layed them over the holes, then putted the white grill over them, then i screwed the grill back, woalla you have a nice galler in the front :) Hope you understand, my structure of building up english sentences sucks.. :/

Cheers! / Jocke

Thank you very much bro! :D

yes the rear is awesome :)

What stickers? ^^

Well.. I don't know at the moment, but im going to polish the variator cap, the kickstarter some other stuff. The first on my list is a new cylinder, after that i have to see whats coming next :)

18. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    The picture roxyboy posted, we're not allowed to post donotlink stuff on here aka stickers, website links etc.

19. Aerox Replica

Aerox Replica Member

Alright i got that. But Is it okay to post a link from youtube when i drive with my roxx? :)

20. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    Just to say bud, the front is a fairing or cowling like you said, and the white bit in english is a grill, just to help out :cool: