70cc Piaggio Zip Not Working HELP!!!

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Aidan, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Aidan

Aidan If it still works it isn't tuned enough.

Rides:
    Aerox 70
    I have a Piaggio Zip with a 70cc parma kit fitted about 4km ago and it has completely died. I was riding about and it died, engine cut out, lights off, everything, however the starting lights didn't come on (fuel and oil lights) I pulled the brake whilst rolling and pressed the electric start and fired straight back up with no problems:/

After a 30min stop I rode home and it cut out again but this time wouldn't start at all. It has has a new ignition coil, cdi, generator (all the voltages are what my local piaggio dealer says) there is a faint blue spark, and it spits occasionally, but it won't start at all, tried a new ht lead, cleaned spark, made a new earth, and a good oil and fuel supply Need desperate help!!!

2. SamW96

SamW96 New Member

Hey dude, this happened to me a while ago and I think it was because of too much too stroke. It started for a bit after cutting out then it backfired baaad, I cleaned the tank and got new petrol and it worked fine. Is there spark when you kick it over?

3. Aidan

Rides:
    Aerox 70
    Alright mate, it was runny really bad at one point so I drained the fuel from the tank left what was in the pipes and filled it back up with Tesco's fuel then it ran spot on for 2mile or so, then ran crap again, never thought it would be related though. And yeah there is a spark from electric and kick :/ So should I some two stroke out and clean out the petrol tank?

4. greg531

greg531 Member

I would clean your carb....Get a can of carb cleaner, take out your jets, and spray into them, and look in them to see through them.....Clean out your bowl, and drain the gas, and put new gas in.....Sounds like you got some bad gas....or crap in it.....Also, have you cleaned your air filter lately?

5. Aidan

Rides:
    Aerox 70
    I have cleaned the carb out twice, jets and in and around it :( I have a 70 on it so I'm going to see if i have scored the barrel or piston rings have gone it's been in for about 4km. If that doesn't work I'll start again with new fuel. and yes change my filters from a malossi back to standard still nothing :/

6. Aidan

Rides:
    Aerox 70
    My piston and barrel was scored, so I have put my 50 kit back on it and it has a major starting flat spot, barely moves the kicks in and it goes, and it also doesn't start first time, I have to put petrol into the carb via the air filter manifold.

7. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

sounds like a hideous jetting problem.

if its sparking and compressing, then its jetting

8. Aidan

Rides:
    Aerox 70
    When it was a 70cc it had a standard filter on a 67 jet then I change the sponge to a malossi one and had to up jet it to a 70, now I am running on a 50cc and it has a malossi sponge and the jet size is down to a 65? It started this morning first time, but it revved up then bogged out like to much air then kicked back in and ran fine :/