zuki zillion 50 tunability

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by seancullen, Jun 30, 2009.

1. seancullen

seancullen Member

Rides:
    et4 125,px80,dna50
    my cousin has offered me a free zillion 50 that he hasnt ran in a few years,just wondering would it be worth my while tuning it or should i just hit the buy and sell with it?

at the same time i wouldnt mind using it to mess around with and not be risking my daily transport. (like the dna only that was a shitpile)

opinions on the tunability of these motors would be nice,I dont know what year it is
    thanks

2. safekyle

safekyle New Member

Rides:
    Gilera runner 172
    Suzuki katana engine

Morini engine.

Best cylinder you can get for it ?
    Manston replica IF you can find one.

Or a airsal t6 again if you can find one.

Best crank ?
    Top performances.

Best using saving it as a 50.
    the small gears on them are good for off the line, and shit at top end mine does 52 MAX

3. seancullen

seancullen Member

Rides:
    et4 125,px80,dna50
    found both of those kits in stock, which would be the better of the 2?

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    the t6's need a fair bit of correction work to be at there best altho there ok out the box... pritty powerfull kits tho, just make sure it has the mahle piston not the cheapo one. the transfer feeds on the t6 are made larger so you do need to match the case usually (there oversized to the maximum safe diameter of the case) not a beginners kit in any way shape or form, mine i had to cut the piston about to even get a decent small end bearing in, let alon e the exhaust port's and imperfections in the transfers

manston rep is somthing ive never try'd tbh but id recon its similar to the mhr rep.. a bit pants.. but like ive said i never used one, just looked at the timings and port layout on the piaggio version

5. safekyle

safekyle New Member

Rides:
    Gilera runner 172
    Best idea, sell the ziliion. get a piaggio engine.

I have a katana myself. getting a Zip SP. Best choice ill ever make.

6. Saint Jonny

Saint Jonny New Member

Get the zillion and leave it alone if you're just after transport otherwise buy summat else. God knows why anyone would want one to spend money on hideous bikes my mates old one got nicknamed "the space hopper" cause it was so big, ugly and saft looking