zombie Aerox

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Edgar, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

ok so after i sold my 2010 aerox i was really pleased with its handling brakes etc ,
    but i wanted something faster so i went for piaggio skipper 125 4stroke
    which was fast enough to get me to and and back to college but the handling of it was terrible in rain i more often was taking a bus because i came off it one day at a round about.
    so decided to go back to aerox and make it a little bit faster :)
    piaggio skipper sold for £650.
    my mate was just splitting hes aerox for parts so i was looking for more of a project bike because i bought all the parts of hes bike for £60 :p

and found this zombie aerox on ebay :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

bike was bad in pictures all apart and with bent forks, but as i had alot of parts i didnt mind so went and picked it up for £140
    bike had a log book and key
    when i went to pick it up i was surprised the bike was 2002 and stood in the garage for 4 years unused because the startor plate was gone and it was not sparking !
    best thing was that it had 7k kilometers on a speedo and old mots to prove that !!! at that point i felt like i found a treasure lool

the next day striped it to frame gave it a good clean and resprayed
    [​IMG]

then cleaned and painted forks with intentions that they ware straight as the parts i had never had any forks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

the bike had bad condition panels as it was crashed ( the reason forks ware bent ) but my mate
    got a set of evos for hes 2012 aerox so i took hes old panels off him :D

[​IMG]

started building up the bike

[​IMG]

i really do like all my bike parts cleaned to shine before i fit them on to a bike so i spent alot of time cleaning :)

[​IMG]

when i bought the bike on ebay it never had an exhaust pipe on it so i was after some cheap pipe for now as i kept the 50s engine and had intentions to build a 70cc engine aside as had spare cases laying around that i got from my mate , this is the reason why i didnt clean the engine
    but yh after some search this beauty poped up on ebay

[​IMG]

it was on bids and not alot of people seemed to bid on it so i won it for £60 !!!! :eek:
    so went and picked it up the same day :)

[​IMG]

the lad who sold it to me was really friendly and polished it for me , pipe was 2 moths old so i was lucky :)
    also he gave me some 3g rollers that he was selling but one bought them so got it as a present :p

so got it fitted straight on

[​IMG]

bike was running fine when cold but then bogs down so i got some jets for it
    and got number 75 in ran perfect :) (12mm gurtner cab )
    [​IMG]

as i said i had another set of cases this is why i kept my set up to a minimum
    on a side i started to cleanup other set of cases

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ok so further more started putting my panels up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

after few rides i really noticed that the forks are bent and had alot of difficulties of finding a set for sale , after few weeks of trying finally got them and they are in the post right now this is the reason why the front panels are off

then it suddenly stopped running so striped and found that a piece of a reed broke of and went into engine lucky it didint score my bore so took it out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then i got some goodies in my post

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

new battery
    doppler stem ( titanium in color )
    doppler s3 reed block
    variator locking tool
    and some blue bulbs ( dont even know why i bought them )

then another delivey
    [​IMG]

my new pro taper bars , gona fit them after mot so they gona sit on a shelf now

[​IMG]

then i also got few more deliveries that i forgot to take a pictures of
    it was :
    Cyclone c11 talking alarm, bike now starts on remote :D
    black lacquer to tint my lenses ( also gona be done after mot)
    small number plate ( after mot )
    some fresh coolant
    white tire marker
    and some putoline strawberry two stroke :D

few pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

im also thinking off putting these on when i get my bars on , but still not sure as it takes time to connect them properly :D

[​IMG]

thats about it cant move on until i get my forks which should arrive soon , so wait for next update :)

2. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

prety nice.

How did you get the engine bloc so shiny? :D

3. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

thanks, and i've used some metal brush that i bought from bnq it said bosh and number '100' on it i use it to take the dirt off and then just put some metal polish and continue with it and this is how it comes up :)

4. dugganmx

dugganmx Member

Rides:
    2011 aerox / ktm 250
    wow im very impressed well done mate looking like new

Edgar likes this.
  5. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

thanks mate cant wait to put it all together and get back on the road :)

6. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Engine block looks good! doing mine atm hopefully comes out as nice as yours :)

Where you get the Protaper bars from too ? need some in my life ,, Bargain on the Pm exhaust tooo,, im gonna keep an eye on thiss :)

Edgar likes this.
  7. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

thanks mate as i said just used the drill brush and then some 2000 sand paper with metal polish took me two days to do them :) , and i got my bars from ebay will add a link below , will have updates soon have loads of ideas on this as bike came up very cheap and i got more money to invest now :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261055263...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1418wt_1165

8. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Cheers for that link!! Gonna order a set in the next few days i Hope!, do you NEED paypal or can you order them by card do u know ?

sweet mate, deffo be getting my engine block as shiny as yours! its not far off tbf, but needs more polishing ! Iv got all day to do it haha :)

What kind of plans you got for this Rox then ? :)

9. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

i think i've used paypal , and cant comment on them as havent had them on yet :)
    and im thinking of a wheelie bar , crash pegs , and few more original ideas :p gona see them soon

Chubz likes this.
  10. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Cool mate, surely they will accept a card.. :)

Wheelie bars just look massive on roxs' ,in my opinion anyways lol,,, what are crash pegs tho ??

Gonna be waiting for the updates ;)

11. wedgie

wedgie Member

Rides:
    Mk 1 Zip SP
    Ahh bud ive got some forks you could of had too cheap, and a spair set of wheels if you needed them bud!

12. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

ahh man already ordered some on ebay but i would of had had them if u would of poped up few days earlier :(,
    and chubz there is a video of stunt rox that has the wheelie bar and crash sliders in z panel area that i want

skip to 6:00

13. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

and there we go some sort of update got a little amp of ebay for £9.99 , some wires and some speakers from a scrap car works great , willing to put some bigger speakers in that my mate has this is the reason why im not cutting the board yet

[​IMG]

14. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

ramo likes this.
  15. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    I like it!

That aerox in the video looks pretty hard too lol,,, how do you attach them stunt peg things tho, you wont be able to fit Z panels ,,,

How easy was it to get the speaker system wired up,,, ?? considering doing somethin like that with mine,,, but would rather have a new exhaust first ;)

On the lookout for cheap zorsts now lol , Pm, yasuni, stage6 or polini... :)

16. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

thanks ,
    i know i like the rox aswell but if i would paint mine in them colors it would get robed like in a week lool,
    and them pegs are bmx ones so all you do is weld a little piece of bmx wheel axel on your frame and there u go u can remove them when ever also the z panels could go on but that means cutting a hole in them meaning you couldnt use them after.

the wiring for a sound system is a pice of cake , two wires to your battery two wires for each speaker and a wire to your phone/ipod and you can pump the tunes :D i made that board for a price of round £15
    amp is £10 on ebay , wire from amp to phone £2 , got speakers of some old renault for free, made the board out of some wood that i found in my shed , cut out , got some old t-shirt on top and them grills i got pieces left from my mates aerox when he was putting them behind the holes on hes evos :)

pm 360 works and sounds great on my bike but not sure how would it work on 70's mate :rolleyes:

17. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

found a very well done wheelie bar and crash sliders :)
    [​IMG]

18. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Are you gonna make the wheelie bar yourself?:eek:

19. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

yh i got my typh one made with some help its not that hard mate :)
    gona try to make it out of wood first to see how it looks if its fine then gona make it out of metal
    got better pictures of it now :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

there we go an update !
    well got my new forks in and all the panels gona mot tomorrow
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]