zippp

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by jackzip, Aug 21, 2010.

1. jackzip

jackzip New Member

hello there im thinking about buyin an ulimted cdi but i would like to monitor my revs is there anyway i could wire up a rev counter to a 2002 zip...such as certian wire ect. and will a gilera ice front headlight fit in an sp front end ive been told they screw straight in ?

2. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if you need to keep an eye on the revs then dont get an unlimited cdi?

i really dont understand why you would want an unlimited cdi, and a rev counter to "watch the revs" why not just leave the stock piggy one in? there not limited, the timing just go's all over the place eventually. ive had WELL over 16k on a stock cdi. ye the engine blew after a few days of this, but thas not the point..

if you need an unlimited cdi its for one thing. revs. if your engine produces power above the usual timing range of the stock cdi then you need an unlimited cdi. BUT were talkin an engine setup to not kick in untill 10k, rev between 12 and 14k and peak at whatever your brave enough to push it to. ie, this aint no road bike. road bikes are fine with stock cdi's, unless its a kitana/x8rs or similar restricted item.

buy somthing worth buying. dont waste your cash on a load of cheap shit that wont ammount to anything.

4. Pedis

Pedis New Member

Rides:
    NRG Power 70
    yeah you can get universal clocks and counters for zips i think or you could always do a bar conversion

5. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Title your post properly or it will be removed.