Zip tuning jetting :S

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by jamieg01274, Mar 15, 2012.

1. jamieg01274

jamieg01274 Member

now built my engine but i have bought a 21mm dellorto carb with a open filter, its currently on a 88 jet i have only ever jetting scooters with standard airbox's on ive searched but cant seem to understand it too well heres what i am running anyone done jetting on a simular set up i am going to buy one of the huge stage 6 open air filters thankyou people

piaggio zip
    stage 6 crank
    malossi mhr rep 70 kit
    yasuni city 16 exhaust (De-restricted)
    Malossi vairiator
    21mm dellorto carb

2. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    100+ I'm running a 118 so you will be anywhere from 110 up i'd say with that air filter.

3. jamieg01274

jamieg01274 Member

Are y running a 21mm carb im guna buy a box of jets from 115 to 125 shud i start at the hightest n work my way down or lowest up thanks

4. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    I did say that was with a 17.5 you want 100-130 to be honest.

5. jamieg01274

jamieg01274 Member

Okay thanks

6. Duggiedan

Duggiedan Piaggio zip 50cc

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    100+ seems big for a 21mm carb normally most of time they run smaller jets? (might not be correct but thats why ive been told)

7. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    With a big ass air filter you going to be 100+ i'd say no less than 95to be honest.

8. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    as with jetting its a trial and error game so always best to buy more boxs of jets and start high then work down. Id rather spend more on jets than sieze engine and buy new piston and if people cant afford to buy more box of jets you can afford to run or tune the bike :)

9. jamieg01274

jamieg01274 Member

Anyone got a good idea of what jet to start with and work my way down i will buy as many boxes as i need i just dont wanna seize it up after spending quiteabit of cash and how will i be able to tell when to stop changing jets sorry my knolege on jets is not too great thanks everyone

10. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    good man i like the attitude, Hate people that say dont wanna waste money on buying more jets but sure they rather but jets than new piston! and as jonny said start high so around 110-120? and work way down so dont sieze! good luck and keep updating.

11. jamieg01274

jamieg01274 Member

Thanks for your help pal how do i test the bike on each jet just open up the throttle n see how it run or is there a easyer way to tell sorry for all the questions just try a gain as much knolage as i possibly can thanks :)

12. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    Dont worry about all the questions we all have to learn and best way is start it up open throttle for a min then cut engine off plug straight out and check colour, you are aiming for a chocolate colour, if its black your too rich go down in size and if its white or grey ur too lean and go higher in jet.