Zip sp

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by dos, Feb 21, 2008.

1. dos

dos Member

Rides:
    Typhoon172
    Zip sp 50 frame, typhoon 125cc engine ported, 24m dellorto carb,NRG back wheel, vespa forks with the big wheel, renthals but sold to rideorcollide, gilera 180 standard exhuast. Will do 100mph on a long enough road (motorway)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mehmet

Mehmet Active Member

Rides:
    AUDI A3
    Very nice bike mate ... should be fast of the mark ??

3. dos

dos Member

Rides:
    Typhoon172
    Its fast on the mark and it always has enough stick to wheely till about 65 - 70 it use to have stick throttle fixed that now i cant keep it down

4. rideorcollide

rideorcollide Active Member

Rides:
    TYPH 172
    why u lyin alf u dont even own it any more.

dos owns a broken typhoon 125 :D :D

5. dos

dos Member

Rides:
    Typhoon172
    oi pazer lemme log into ur account i cant even post my kundo for sale

6. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    100mph? :confused:arc:

7. james

james Member

:msn1:

8. haugh

haugh New Member

lol ur the guy that wanted to swap a SR125 with my typh 50 on ebay

9. dos

dos Member

Rides:
    Typhoon172
    To be honest you should of done it i paid £95 for a mint SR engine 6 thousand miles
    new battery and it had a kundo sports exhuast,but i think i offered you my SR with the shagged engine you got any pics of your typhoon would of had to be in good condition to swap for 50

10. dos

dos Member

Rides:
    Typhoon172
    If the zip can piss on a gilera runner sp l/c 125 (85mph) take it out ona gd day it will do 100 no doubt

11. Kieran

Kieran Active Member

Rides:
    st
    lol :rtfm:

12. dos

dos Member

Rides:
    Typhoon172
    dec-rossi remember you have a 70cc.. you stress to ur top speed this is a 125 in a tiny zip witha few bits a pieces ported it has to do 95-100
    :punk:

13. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ypur nopt doing 100 with no gear upo.. fact is your probably just touching 75... if youve puit a zuip wheel on this becomes 65.. runners do 70 stock. 180's around 85.

if you want to think it does 100 bring it to santa poid and see what it does.. i doubt you will run over 75

all things aside its got potential ;)

14. lol

lol New Member

yh trust me i fault the same as u mat i fault my 70 runner done 80 and it did then blew up 5 mins later i bet its a fast bike througt as they r so light u should take it santa pod

15. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    gotta remember, less weight an more power makes more acceleration. you cant exceed the limitsation of your cdi/gears.. a stock runner ported to 40bhp without a gear up or cdi will go just as fast as one with a couple bits bolted on

engine revs are limited (and no 172 likes revving past this) then theres a gearing increase/reduction of 10:! to 1:10 then down again through the gears.. wqork out the rpm of the wheel and times by the outer diameter. this gives you the metres per min the wheel travels.. work it out and thats the fastest your bike can go regardless of powerr.. horse [power is good, but cant exceed the limitations of the gearing.

to do 100 with stock geariung you need to rev to 18k rpm.. not happening. or a geare up an close to 30bhp.. also not happening so i doubt it like i said.. not havin a pop its just anyone with a couple bolt on bits think's there bikie does 100.. do 100 on a scoot an you fookin well know about it. scary

16. lol

lol New Member

so if he put a gear up in wat sort of top speed should he be getting minor

17. dos

dos Member

Rides:
    Typhoon172
    I see you.. butit piss's on every scooter ive been on and seen at the moment i know what 75 feels like my stock SR use to do that all day long
    my mates runner sp 125 done about 80-85 though and the zip pisses on that too i know for a fact it does 90 but it stilll stretches more and more
    seriously it feels just like a 180 with a sports pipe or somthing really this zip is crazy its got 180 cdi unit gilera 180 throttle alot of 180 stuff onit..the actual zip looks like a big throw together, but really its a monster. ill get a vid on youtube soon ;) peace out

18. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

You don't know for a fact it does anything. Minor just proved to you it cannot go that fast.

You really should bother reading what he said.

19. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

i bet 100 on a scoot is fucking crazy :punk:

have seen like 87mph on my speedo but will be fuck all around that i guess

going to use the gps on my phone see what that says.

20. Concept

Concept New Member

180 CDI and 180 Throttle dont make it any quicker or lighter mate, theyre the same as a 125 !

Im sure I saw this on gumtree, did you recently buy it?

Nice front forks... wondered why I saw a vespa parked up with no front end!