Zip sp project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Pnut70, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
    i have a zip sp lc and as of right now it is fitted with:
    malossi cast iron70
    s6 pro rep derestricted
    polini variator
    polini 3g clutch
    s6 type 500 bell
    derestricted airbox with s6 double foam air filter
    i think its time for an upgrade and i am looking into a set up that i could ride everyday and also take to the track once every blue moon. after doing my homework i came to put together these parts

mhr replica
    malossi rhq crank
    crank shaft main bearing set polini evo c4
    s6 pro rep derestricted (s6 r1200 or Yasuni city16 derestricted if the pro rep holds it back)
    s6 mkii 19mm carb (i wana keep the airbox but will loose it if i have to)
    malossi 16/37 primary gears
    rs24 rear suspension (the stock suspensions are way to bouncy for my likings)
    malossi kevlar belt
    what do you guys think about the set up for everyday use and occasionally blowin it on the track? is there anything that could be better as far as reliability/perfomance any feedback is appreciated

2. Kaaaz

Kaaaz New Member

Looking into getting a zip so this project would be great to follow, If you follow it through. Half the people create a topic and dissapear

3. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
    Na im not goin to abandon the topic ima stick with it to im finish i will also put up some pics vids to make it more interesting.. wa u plans u hav for ur zip?

4. Kaaaz

Kaaaz New Member

Doing research at the moment but it'll be primarily for wheelies, hense why choosing a zip and not a rox. But i'll get a rox for top speed and potentially more wheelies once i get comfortable on the zip, Currently own a pulse adrenaline 125 but its a 125 and costs a fuck ton on insurance, Overall bike cost and parts, So a ZIP/ROX will end up cheaper (Zip is £250 insurance for the year // 5 days pay...) But my friend had one and told me to run this setup for good lowend:

Malossi Multivar Variator
    Pm Tuning PM360
    6G Rollers
    66 M6 Main Jet
    Motoforce 70 Kit

5. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
    surely a zip is faster than an aerox... And im running a 78 main jet n its almost perfect its a lil bit on the rich side. I decided to gorich cuz rich is safer as i already siezed one kit and it made my heart stop. But i wana order these parts as soon as possible the atm ate my card n neva apit it bck out but i order my new card and it will be ready friday after 2pm so that will be the soonest i could order the parts

6. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
  7. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
  8. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
  9. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
  10. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
    Thats cart my at the moment... i might remove the yasuni c16 and see how the s6 pro rep handles the mhr Replica, and im not sure which pipe will be better for Replica (s6 r1200 or c16) . i hav also been lookin into the roost rs5 cuz my cousin recommended it. his using it on his zip right now but i think it will be to much for the Replica

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  11. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
    If the c16 is the best choice than i will be ordering a carbon end cone or a kevlar end cone

12. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I've done both a zip and a Neos, both were stupidly quick, both had trouble keeping the front on the ground.

the zip was:

Malossi cast iron 70 kit
    Multivar 2000 vario
    4.59gr rollers
    Malossi Team MHR pipe
    17.5mm delorto carb jetted to suit
    Standard airbox with open grade filter sponge
    Kevlar belt
    red clutch springs (the small ones)
    Standard clutch slippers
    Gear-up kit
    NEW BRAKES BACK AND FRONT.

The Neos:

Athena Pro aluiminium 70 kit
    multivar 2000 with 4.7gr rollers
    Kevlar belt
    17.5mm delorto jetted to suit and open filter
    Stage 6 Pro Rep pipe
    Standard clutch
    NEW BRAKES BACK AND FRONT

You might want to think about a gear-up kit to keep the revs down a little when it's at full bore, easy to over rev the engine otherwise.
    Plus it will catch you out when you pull off quick and you are trying to turn at the same time.
    No fun when you are at an angle and the front wheel pops in the air all of a sudden........................

13. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
    ah man i almost flipped it once...maybe 2-3 days after i put the kit on i smashed throttle at a complete stop and the front came up instantly, i didnt expect a sport kit to do that honestly... anyways i ordered the main parts last nights from scooter attack after i added and removed some parts out my cart.
    i ordered:
    s6 mkii 19mm carb
    2x jet kits (75-98,100-122)
    malossi kevlar reinforced belt
    malossi rhq crank
    crank main bearing set polini evo c4/fkm/ptfe
    malossi mhr replica
    malossi primary gears 16/37
    derestricted manifold
    malossi brake shoes
    mvt internal rotor ignition digital direct with lighting coil
    malossi whoop brake disc

i didnt get the c16 because im gona give the pro rep a try and i also dropped the rs24s for the mvt ignition

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  14. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
    the parts might take 2-3weeks to com in because the brake disc was out of stock :( but with that time i will be doing more research oon parts and making sure my next order is the last.
    also i raced my cousins 125 yesterday he has an sh mode 2014 (clutches, leo vince pipe and an amulator) i would beat em on take off but i would get to top speed fast and he would creep past me. i have high expectations for this rep!!

15. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
    Right now im jus looking around for as much info on really good pipe for the MHR replica. Yasuni c16 seems to be popping up a lot and im sure its for good reason but i feel like theres better. I did come across the roost sp1 as to be an excellent midrace pipe but only came across a few reviews. As of righ Now the roost sp1 is my number choice, but if i cant find one than i will for sure get the c16

So the next order as of rn will be:
    Malossi rs24 rear and front suspension
    Malossi mhr brake disc
    S6 r/t 4 piston brake caliper
    S6 r/t caliper adapter
    Roost sp1

16. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
    Does anyone kno a website that is selling the roost sp1? Im starting to think that they dont make em anymore

17. Macauley

Macauley New Member

Im doing a full zip 70 project too, im doing everything tho, everything is new on the bike apart from frame and wheels and forks, and ive also got a short case typhoon 125 2t engine which im making in to a 172 for the zip too
    Have you thought about for the money you spending a mhr rep kit just buying a stage 6 mk2 pro sport kit with the right set up you can get i think around 22 to 24bhp out them and there still every day runners aswell

18. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
    I dont think u could get 20+ hp out of the sport pro i think u mean the s6 racing MKII. But im not to sure and i hav thought about getting thr s6 sport pro and the s6 racing but i read some reviews that they arent the best quality. Google stage6 quality review and u would see some. But whats are ur plans for ur zip

19. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
    Little update my parts are in and I will hopefully be able to pick them up tomorrow and but i will be for sure getting the roost sp1 bcuz the s6 pro rep bracket broke

Attached Files:

20. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp