Zip sp mid race project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Pnut70, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
    Starting fresh I ran into issues...
    Current set up
    Stage6 street race
    Polini original pipe
    19mm dell
    Polini variator
    Malossi belt
    Polini 3g clutch

Mid race set up I will be doing over the summer
    Mhr replica 70
    19mm dell
    Original airbox (derestricted)
    Polini variator
    Malossi belt
    Polini 3g clutch
    Stage6 vforce reeds Stage6 short manifold

Going to be testing these pipes
    Polini for race 4
    Roost sp1
    Gianelli shot v4 (derestricted)
    Stage6 pro rep (derestricted)

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Never heard of a roost before?
    You should post in the guides section after you try each one.

3. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
    Alright, will do. Roost is company based in Slovenia they produce quality exhaust and have a very good reputation.

http://www.roost.si/exhaust/

Roost 100cc zip by zipstunter

scubabiker likes this.
  4. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    Mhr replica is weak cylinder you will get 1hp more than the street race. Put polini for race on the street race tune it properly and it will fly.

5. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
    I already hav the mhr replica, I’m just waiting to get the crank put in and then I’m going to install it. I wish I new that b4 .

Would the polini 4 race outperform the other pipes on the mhr rep?

6. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    The roost will not be good on your cylinder its a bit strong, the other two will give maximum performance from your cylinder except the pro replica, the polini is the best quality of them all along with the roost too, you can choose shot or polini , gianelli is quite bad quality so i wouldnt take that, go for top perf nardo its the same exhaust(shot) but great quality. I would personally take polini.

7. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
    Is the Polini aluminum mid race kit faster then the mhr replica?

8. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    There is no aluminium midrace kit from polini, the midrace from polini is the Polini Corsa which is not alumunium, the alu one is polini evolution which is highend cylinder and you need a lot of equipment for it at least 2000euros to assemble it all together so it would work like it should.

9. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    The mhr replica is 10,2hp at the wheel @10,300rpm(cylinder calculations without exhaust) while the corsa makes 13hp at wheel and its cast iron cylinder.

10. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
    What does the stage 6 street race produce
    what does the Stage6 street race produce

11. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

15hp. we have the s6 mid race set up (claimed 19hp)on a Gilera. It’s epic

Of course these numbers mean nothing with out all supporting mods and correct set up/squish

12. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    Lmao the SPORT PRO MK2 produces 13hp max, STAGE6 RACING MK2 19~20HP, and stage6 street race is 10-11hp someone lied to you about 15. Also if u want stronger kit go for the sport pro mk2 ,21mm carb , hpc crank, midrace exhaust, cvt and it will be pretty fast, street race is decent too and also cast iron, the sport pro is alu.

13. Sam phantom

(edit:go with damjan) but either way There great kits, go on pedparts and read all about it for your self They test these kits day in day out and really know there stuff. The actual power out Varies hugely depending on 101 things including how the powers measured on the dyno

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  14. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

It makes me laugh how people get so hung up on how many hp a certain kit makes, it's like "oh this one is 50 euros more but makes 1hp more" then they ride with like flat tyres and worn out belts and stuff.
    I had an opposite of this a few days back, test rode a quad, claimed 19hp but more like 35 or something.

15. Sam phantom

Tbf every hp counts, especially on the race high end kits 1 or 2 hp dose really make all difference ...Iike you said tho it means nothing with the poor condition some kids keep these bikes after spending hundreds of pounds on them.. doesn’t make sense dose it lol

16. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    A high end kit and base one is not the same dude, doesnt matter how much equipment you put with it, the cylinder is not capable of making more power you cant get it to make more power with highend parts, only way you can make it a bit stronger is by porting but that requires a lot of knowledge and tools.

17. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
    Alright well I will be upgrading to the mhr replica (already bought) as soon as I get the Malossi rhq crank in (already bought) I will take my time and set it up the best I can. from what I hav read the mhr replica is faster then the sport pro and is in the same category as the stage 6 racing mk2 ‍♂️. I wouldn’t be porting because I’m not sure how to nor do I no anyone who has a good reputation with it but if I find someone I will consider it.

18. Pnut70

Pnut70 Member

Rides:
    Zip sp
    Do you think a rpm counter is worth the money to help with the set up ?

19. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    RPM Counter is a must if u want to set it up 100% cvt/carb, also i guarantee you that its not faster then sport pro mk1/mk2, i know this for a fact and tested i can guarantee you, it still is gonna be decent little more rpm then your current street race kit.

20. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    Just to make it more clear for you here is pure cylinder calculations without exhaust etc...

S6 Street Race Piaggio LC

C = 0,70mm
    Avg pressure= 125 PSI
    Transfers = 125 PSI
    Best RPM = 12300 rpm
    Theoretical power= 16,1 hp // Power on crankshaft = 12,8 hp // Power on the wheel = 10,6 hp

MHR Replica Piaggio LC

C = 0,75mm
    Avg pressure = 131 PSI
    Best RPM = 10600 rpm
    Theoretical power = 14,6 hp // Power on crankshaft = 12,1 hp // Power on the wheel = 10,5 hp

So as u can see from the cylinder analyze i actually even got it wrong, i dont even remember i have forgotten, so much information in my head, turns out the mhr replica makes same power just its aluminum cylinder.

Your welcome ;)

This info is taken from svet-skutera.rs where one of our members has done full analyze on the cylinders.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019