ZIP SP In The Making (Help!)

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by ShezB, Jul 12, 2012.

1. ShezB

ShezB New Member

Rides:
    Zip SP
    532472_10150962281492737_282132226_n.jpg 208910_10150965158342737_1769164736_n.jpg

Just brought this engine , i had an zip air cooled and engine went in it so decided to buy a zip sp engine , Now i just needed to know what i needed to make it running. I know a couple things already but just wanted to now for deffo so i can order all together.
    So yeah thats it really just needed to now what is needed for that engine to be running in my zip frame? Thanksss :)

2. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    radiator and pipework. Ideally wiring harnessas its also got the temp guage in it, a set of clocks with the temp guage, expansion tank

if I think of anything else i'll update the post

3. ShezB

ShezB New Member

Rides:
    Zip SP
    ive been told i could use my wiring loom from my zip a/c and do i really need the sp clocks with temp gauge or will it still work without it ? so the engine already as a temp gauge onit ? and what do u mean by expansion tank ??

4. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    dont necessarily need the temp guage but its favourable to know if its overheating. It will run with the original loom but again theres no temp wiring to attach the guage to the loom. The sender is installed in the head as standard

Expansion bottle for the coolant to go to as the fluid expands when it gets hot. It has the rad cap on too to allow filling the system

5. ShezB

ShezB New Member

Rides:
    Zip SP
    To be honest i just want to get it running and aint botherd bout temp gage atm , i will end up getting another loom and clocks eventually and ooo yh the water bottle thats just next to the radiator , below the handle bars.

So is this the expansion tank http://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/1414/piaggio-zip-sp-coolant-water-tank

or is that just the water bottle and thats seperate

6. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
  7. ShezB

ShezB New Member

Rides:
    Zip SP
    ok , just recieved my radiator and im not sure if its the correct one , when ordering it said zip sp radiator genieue etc. it dont look the placement wholes arnt in the correct place from when i put the radiator up against my frame

Attached Files: