Zip repair

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Jeff Munro, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Jeff Munro

Jeff Munro Member

Some prick crashed into me, here is the outcome, shock is bent, thought it could of solved the problem, so i took it off and its still bent.

[​IMG]

2. CA Zip tuning

CA Zip tuning Member

go on ped parts mate

3. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Get your panels off and see if that frame is bent to start with tbh. And engine mounts. Think about the force is would have taken to bend the shock like that...

4. Jeff Munro

Jeff Munro Member

and if the frame is bent?

5. roxy boy

roxy boy Well-Known Member

Rides:
    roxi
    try bend it back but it will be weaker and did you go through his insurance

6. Jeff Munro

Jeff Munro Member

Prick drove off :( got half his plate

7. Duggiedan

Duggiedan Piaggio zip 50cc

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    ooo i hate twats like that, They either have no insurance and dont wanna get caught so drive off or dont want you to claim selfish pricks you could of been badly injuryed for all he cared. get all the rear panels off and check the Frame i would be shocked if it bent the shock without no damage to frame, you could try bend it back or maybe just get new frame if worst comes to worst

8. roxy boy

Rides:
    roxi
    i think i will be bent from the angle of the bike

Duggiedan likes this.
  9. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    If the frame isnt bent i will be defo shocked because they shock absorbers are strong and normally take alot of impact

10. Jeff Munro

Jeff Munro Member

I replaced the shock with a zip sp one, solved it a bit, but its still bent :( prick hit me at 50mph so how im alive i dont know

11. roxy boy

Rides:
    roxi
    the rest must be down to a bent frame ..but fuck your lucky mann

12. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    very lucky my friend, At least your okay you cant come back alive but your ped can! Take your panels off and stand a couple steps back at look at rear of ped and notice if theyre is slight dip or shape out of place, normally were top of shock connects would be bent

13. Jeff Munro

Jeff Munro Member

just the rear panels?

14. ramo

ramo GoldMember

All the panels on the back really unless you dont mind the bike splitting in two when youre riding along at some point

Your shock aint just gonna bend like that for no reason there will be something else bent to fuck somewhere..

15. Jeff Munro

Jeff Munro Member

Will a hammer do the trick?

16. roxy boy

Rides:
    roxi
    yes but it will be weak and could have a hairline crack at the weld which could sheer off and your bike will just collapse

17. Jeff Munro

Jeff Munro Member

so its a write off?

18. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    i wouldnt class as write off cause it is repairable, You could hammer it back into place and see how strong it is but wouldnt recommend it, if i was you id get ma self on ebay and look for 2nd hand cheap frame and rebuild bike and be good as new

19. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    you could get a frame from a breaker and transfer things across or you could straighten the original frame ....a scaffold pole is way better than a hammer...use it to lever things straight. Look for obvious signs of bends to start with and work from there. I've seen it done on 1000cc bikes frames but wouldnt do it myself to something like that. If you do staighten it just make sure you check the welds for signs of cracks

Duggiedan likes this.
  20. Duggiedan

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip
    Wait on if you look at the Picture carfully and look where the seat is looks to be in perfect line to handlebars looking at that looks like engine is bent, someone i know got hit from side/back area and his engine snapped clean on mount and looked simular to this and his bike was zip aswell check the engine underneath for and cracks or snaps