Zip NRG Mc3 Conversion (ZRG)

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Zip Speed, Aug 28, 2011.

1. xjr400

xjr400 Member

Rides:
    paggio zip
    so if i buy the stems and bars it should all bolt on m8
    iv not over forks but no i never have took them off m8 how hard would u say itt is out of 10 as im going to do wat u done 4 lights if thats ok m8 thanks 4 the help ur giving me

2. northrider

northrider Member

its easy putting the bars on mate u might have a problem with the wiring

3. Zip Speed

Zip Speed Member

(xjr400) like "northrider" said it should be a peice of piss putting the stem and bars on !but! it will depend on what stem you buy as i bought a TNT stem wen i first did my bar conversion and it needs laving down to slide over the forks. I do now have a STR8 stem and that did not need laving to fit on. You may have to do more modifications as ive got NRG MC3 forks in my ped now and theres more room for the stem to slide on than zip front forks.
    I will get round to putting pictures on here one day to try and help.
    If i were you mate the first and best thing to do is to understand how the lights are going to be wired as like "northrider" said, because if you dont have the knowledge of how you could end up frying something and getting in a right pickle lol.

(Just so you no mate if your goin to put the same lights in as me then you ped WONT pass the M.O.T (unless you no someone who will slip it through if u get wat i mean ;) lol)as they have no pattern/beam to pass the M.O.T so you will have to keep your old headlight, bars and switches panel so you can put it back on when your ped comes to its M.O.T and then after when its passed swap it back to your bar conversion and light conversion)

And yh no probs with the help mate :)

4. xjr400

xjr400 Member

Rides:
    paggio zip
    ya i new as i read about the mot bit u done on one of the forms
    have u used ur bike in the dark and is it as good as standard light
    is there one or 2 stems
    did u do one with the zip forks or not

5. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    I'm sure he wont mind me posting this. This is the zip with zip forks. [​IMG]

6. xjr400

xjr400 Member

Rides:
    paggio zip
    ok thanks mate as people say u cant do them to zips
    bar conversions that is lol

7. northrider

northrider Member

i liked it with the zip wheels and forks

8. Zip Speed

Zip Speed Member

(xjr400) Yeah ive done it to zip forks lol as jonnymarrw00t has shown lol and yeah the lights work good in the dark they light up the road very well, there not as good as the standard light as theres no pattern/beam. I have 2 stems but you only put one on the bike :confused:. You can to bar conversions to Zips but like ive been saying you need to do modifications because its not as easy as like an Aerox as youve got the headlight switches speedo etc... to try and mount to the bars.

9. Zip Speed

Zip Speed Member

(northrider) Personally i recon it looks more manlier with the NRG wheels and forks lol and it gains a higher top speed because of the bigger back wheel lol but thats my opinion.

10. xjr400

xjr400 Member

Rides:
    paggio zip
    ya i was thinking of a sp font pannal
    or a universal light and fiberglass in propley so would pass mot m8

11. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Original sp pannel wont fit new zips.

12. ajhouse

ajhouse New Member

hi mate did you put a water cooled engine in or air as i have jus put a new runner engine in my zip and dont know wat to do with thr frond end for intake for the rad and i like what you done to yours. looks sweet :confused:hock:

13. northrider

northrider Member

get newshape zip sp panels and a zip sp rad and hoses should all mount on fine

14. ajhouse

ajhouse New Member

i have already got all the parts it nearly ready to ride and i dont really want to put a sp panel on it wanted to do somethink different but i think the sp panel is the only thing to do thanks :)

15. xjr400

xjr400 Member

Rides:
    paggio zip
    its a 51 reg

16. northrider

northrider Member

the only other option is to bodge it on using the gilly rad and hoses then ull have the radiater in the same place where the gilly one goes and ull have to cut panels its all long for no gains at all

17. ajhouse

ajhouse New Member

hello mate quick question wat foeks did you put in your zip :)

18. xjr400

xjr400 Member

Rides:
    paggio zip
  19. northrider

northrider Member

i think thats a capelli stem and ive heard bad stories about them

20. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    I'll let Zip speed answer all of this, But avoid the cheap stem.