Zip Gear box

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by jamieg01274, Jan 15, 2012.

1. jamieg01274

jamieg01274 Member

Im in the process of doin my engine build i bought new crank cases so everything wud be new apart from thegear box but its low milage anyway but when i went to fit the gear box from my old cases it has a support for the primary gear where as my new casing has a bearing which leaves the primary gear unsupported anyone know about this wether i cud extract the ( supporter from my old cases and replace the bearing in my new casing with this or is there a gearbox for this type of fitting the cases bought were for a zip rst which said it is the same as a start zip 2000 onwards can anyone help woll try upload pics asap to giv a better view thanks everyone

2. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    They did two different engines, One with bearing support one without. You'll need to change the gear, Might aswell get a primary gear up. stage 6 do one without the bearing support.

3. jamieg01274

jamieg01274 Member

do u have a link to this please pal as im looking for more low end power but i have no clue on gear ratio's thanks

4. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
  5. jamieg01274

jamieg01274 Member

sorry for the confusion pal i mean inside the acutal casing on my old set of casings there is a support but not on my new ones :( the dipstick has now been drilled and threaded but its just that i am having the problem with thanks IMG_0765.JPG