zip bar conversion

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by xjr400, May 4, 2012.

1. xjr400

xjr400 Member

Rides:
    paggio zip
    do i need to do any work to get a str8 stem and bars on a zip

iv heard the breaks throttal etc dont fit what ones do

2. rems

rems 2000 pac man zip

i never had an issue dude with the stem on my zip as they have been re-worked to fit

and as for brakes again i didnt have an issue but then after i fitted them i put a different set on for the switches and im going to be fitting a quick action throttle as i believe (correct me if im wrong) but the throttle is built into the handle bar fairing so you would need a quick action throttle which also gives a good excuse to upgrade your carb :)

3. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Nah the standard throttle is independent to the plastics you can use either without the other...if that makes sense.

QA throttles are a bit of a pain IMO you need quite a big carb for them to work properly and mostly you have to cut panels for them to fit

And I don't see how the brakes couldn't work with a bar conversion tbh

4. xjr400

xjr400 Member

Rides:
    paggio zip
    The standard breaks need milling out iv heaed and they not all built in m8 as iv take my throttal of the bars the other day got any pics of ur when fitting it and that wat clocks and that u useing

5. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Try it before you start filing tbh. Master cylinders and bars have a standardised size you can use nearly any master off a ped on another one unless they changed the zip ones to be smaller for some reason at some point which is unlikely. I haven't and most probs won't do it on my zip because of the light and cos I quite like the standard ones.

I can get you a pic of the controls working with everything but the panels if you like? Or even of the master cylinder on some random push bike handlebars if ur that bothered..

6. xjr400

xjr400 Member

Rides:
    paggio zip
    yes plz can u get pics r u on fb
    add me christopher pudney profile pic zxr400

sos its a bit f topic

its up to u m8

7. Ziptuga

Ziptuga New Member

Rems cud u tell me how u fitted the zip str8 stem plz?cheers

8. Ziptuga

Ziptuga New Member

Also did the light u fitted on zip pass mot?i want to do same to mine cheers