Zip aerox headlight

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Creative_josh, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Creative_josh

Creative_josh Piaggio zip

Does anyone know if it's possible to fiberglass a aerox eagle eye headlight on my zip? I was thinking of cutting a hole and mounting it so I can do a bar conversion?

2. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Would probably have to cut come of your front end off to get them to fit...

do you mean this light ?

[​IMG]

3. Creative_josh

Yes that light I can cut that shape out of my front pannal but would it be ok and fit right? Do you know if anyone has tried it?

4. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    If you can cut bits away and fibreglass it to fit, then i dont see why it wouldnt fit and work mate :) as long as its wired up and sits nicely, will look quite good i reckon

5. Creative_josh

Ok I'm going to do it I will post some pictures and keep you updated. What about how high it has to be? And with led headlight do I need to do anything to the wiring? As its just a normal bulb ATM? My zip has on/off and high and low beam function ;)

6. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Im not sure about how high the lights have to be mate, but if your mounting it in the same place as the original one, there shouldnt be a problem... you might need some bullet connector type clips to hold the wires together , but i just soldered mine, seems easier and cheaper lol....

Pretty sure these lights dont have high/low beams though... iv onl got the Audi style lights , the 2 circular ones...or both, no dip/high beam option, .....but in all fairness, with all 4 lights on, theyre pretty damn bright! lol

7. Creative_josh

Would it pass a mot?

8. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Not 100% on that sorry mate...

Ill be taking mine with that light in for an Mot, although u need high and low beams,,, i dont see why it should be a fail, the lights are brightttt and with just the bottom audi lights on its like a dipped beam anyway

9. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

i dont think it will mate as the light is not e marked and you wount be able to have it at the angle that its supposed to be, best would be to have it done after mot or why not to put lights under your indicators like most people do on zips ?

10. Creative_josh

I have got lights under my indicators but they don't sit right I just wanted to find away around the headlight issue and bar conversion

11. wedgie

wedgie Member

Rides:
    Mk 1 Zip SP
    You would have to get the beam aiming right for it to pass a mot, Why most aftermarket lights dont pass as they aim sky high up, Mine defo wont pass, have to get a standard one for that :(

12. Creative_josh

I just came across this zip what do you think?? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338665606.383597.jpg

13. Creative_josh

That's what I want to do with the light