Zip 70cc Project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by northrider, Jun 7, 2010.

1. northrider

northrider Member

I Just Bought This RED zip lol allow the colour i paid £50 for it has no engine mainly its just the frame wheels and pannels but i think it worth it :)
    this is my first project by the way :yahoo: :yahoo:

Ok so the first thing i need is a engine im getting a typhoon engine air cooled which is the exact same engine as the zip i will also get a fresh 70 bore with it so i just need to swap the 50's bore with the 70's and ill change the gaskets the engine also comes with a dellerto standard carb i may upgrade the carb later on.:thumbsup:

i also purchased a Mallossi clutch, mallossi variater and a stage 6 torque spring sorry no pics of these :(
    So this is how the bike looks now:

Im Now Going to start spraying the panels wheels and the bottom parts of the forks im planning on having the bike matt black and white should look ICEY!!!!!!!!!

Started priming the panels down sanded the panels first obviously :wave:

all primed out needs to be sanded down a lil more then PAINT :yahoo: :yahoo:

:beg: :beg:

Gonna Spray the indicators white now!

That Brown Crap Is Just Some Shit That Blew Onto the paint removed it now and repainted it :good: :good:

Sprayed the tranny cases satin white look much better than the pics :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gonna Spray The Rims satin white aswell

Im Gonna Start Putting All The Sprayed Parts Back On

Ok so now in order to finish this project i need a zip floor panel and belly pan so i need to find em or if any ones breaking a zip lemme know also need a exhaust lemme know if any1 has any of these items :grin: :grin:

Attached Files:

2. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

looks like youve been busy :)

3. northrider

northrider Member

yeah lol i have :confused:hock: :confused:hock:

4. italjohn

italjohn Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    I just love the Zip's :)

5. northrider

northrider Member

yh thanks mate jus need a few bits to finish off then im all good :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

6. northrider

northrider Member

Finished Now Gonna upload pics sooon

7. northrider

northrider Member

any1 sellin zip floor panells

8. Benrg

Benrg New Member

That number plate is like a sail! :lol:

Nice Zip :)

9. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    Damn... Why did I sell my zip! :cray:

Nice ped mate looks like its coming along well.

10. sammyboi

sammyboi New Member

Rides:
    gilera runner
    renthals renthals renthals!!! i hate that ugly arse light on zips, look gd doe

11. bait

bait Active Member

put the fan back on your flywheel and put the plastic cowels on the bore and over the fan or your engine will overheat and blow

12. northrider

northrider Member

renthal are coming soooon just been a bit busy with my new bike so haven't had time to do this one up

13. cassa-d

cassa-d New Member

looks nice mate im picking up a 50 zip tomorrow as a project

might have aset of floor panels as well if ya still need some depends what condition there in as aparently the bikes tatty but runs :cool:

14. northrider

northrider Member

yeah sure lemme know what you got still need floor pans and good luck with ure project

15. 172GiLeRaRuNnEr

172GiLeRaRuNnEr New Member

NICE BIKE GREAT WORK :)

16. Gamble

Gamble Member

Now this is my type of project! Looks good mate & I can't believe how much you paid for it, that was a steal!

Looking forward to final pictures, looks great & bet it'll go well too! :good:

17. northrider

northrider Member

thanks alot i knw i got lucky everything off the bike atm lol as i tried to fit vespa forks to the front but they dont seem to fit there too long!!

18. northrider

northrider Member

replacing the standard zip forks with vespa single forks and wheels jus need some modding gonna upload pics sooon

19. morgz

morgz Member

how did yu get your front wheel of mate my brake is stuck on disk?

20. northrider

northrider Member

i took the the two calliper bolts out first then you jus slide the calliper out of the front wheel then you just take the wheel out normally