Zip 70cc problem

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Johnny Spicer, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Johnny Spicer

Johnny Spicer New Member

Hi all

Firstly i would like to apologise in advance if i have posted in the wrong topic or if this is a dumb post

i understand that things are hard to diagnose through a forum lol but ill try and explain my problem as best as i can

basically i bought this piaggio zip about a month ago and it has been a dream up untill one day i ridden it hard trying to keep up with a friend in a car down a dual carrageway

it has a pm tuning 70cc kit and from a basic look i can see a polini variator and rollers and also a polini belt

When i first got the bike on acceleration the scooter would be very front happy and the front would be up in the air and also reach speeds of 70mph legit

but now I've noticed a lack of power... the front end isn't as happy and wont pop up in the air at all when warm only when cold a slight bit

and also I've lost about 10mph off my top speed of 70mph

i replaced the plug 2 days ago and the old plug was very grey'ish with deposits on... i understand that means that the bike could be running to lean??? am i correct???

could that be my problem of lacking power???

anyone know anything??? i thought possibly clutch or belt???

someone told me it could be a flat spot in my rollers but ive checked those and all seems fine with no visible flat spots all seems smooth and okay

2. KidBilly

KidBilly Active Member

Rides:
    Zip 125
    Had the same problem with my 125 zip 4t, replaced the belt and was running great.

3. turbovetto

turbovetto Well-Known Member

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Could be you're running a bit rich. The weather is getting better. What does your plug say ?

4. bikerbeynard

bikerbeynard Luke

Rides:
    gpr 125 ,mbk rocket,

would be ood to know if you fixed this?