zip 70 project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by WEST_172, Apr 11, 2009.

1. WEST_172

WEST_172 New Member

ive had dis zip for more den a year now its been sittin doin nothin so i rubbed down the panels they r primed now an waitin to think wot colour i wana do it its either subaru blue or gloss black and powdercoat the wheels white let me know what u think of the setup.

malossi iron cast 70s need it to be reliable
    dellorto 21ml wiv air filter but myt put the airbox back on
    pm 360
    malosi 8 g rollers
    polini speed variator
    malossi clutch

dis is how its sittin now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

an jus shit to make it look better like renthal grips tyre flys little shit but the setup is enough as it is i wana put renthals on but i dono wot id do for a headlight so if any1 got suggestion leme no

ill be slow on updates becoz the bike is not at mi house but il try keep it updated let me no wot u fink :drool:

2. Vesta

Vesta New Member

Did you rebuild bottom end when it ran outa oil ?

i had that exact setup but on a doppler s3r pipe was fast enough for me (Y)

3. antzip50

antzip50 New Member

you know the front indicators im sure under the indercator bulb is a bit that looks like u could get lights into that so maybe u could get a high beam on one side and normal light on the other ?

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    the pannel melts

5. antzip50

antzip50 New Member

panels will melt ??

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if you install lights in here they melt... you can run ultra bright led's (they run cold) but finding the right ones can be a pain.

7. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    care to share some info on this minor, if you have link or something

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    fraid not m8, its a case of find some bulbs with simnilar fittings to that your going to use... rear led bulbs work well as you can run the side lights off the lower light curcit and run heads through the "brake" curcit. on a 50 this is fine as hight ajustment is not needed (providing they hit the correct hight) and you need "lights" not side lights dipped and full to get a moped through an mot.

bit pointless tho really... zip's have handlebar lights, if you dont want them swap to older pannels wich dont. the front on the newest zip (prittymuch all of them about) are wank ether way... zp is nice but the new ish one still has bar lights. unless your changing to opoen bars theres no need for these mods.. can go the joe brown route and just cut 2 holes an mount some lights in the front hyabusa style

9. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

try m16 , M11 i think bulbs and holders, there used in the enduro type headlights, can get 5 of them ooff ebay for about £4 plus holders are like 10 for £2, can get them in 20w and 50w and there all 12v , could mount them in the indicator slot like i was going to do , make a fibre glass covering for it would look sik! this is how i was going to do it :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    THE FUCKIGN PANNEL MELTS

how amny times, l.e.d or run the stock headlight.

11. GAVOEBOY

GAVOEBOY Member

Rides:
    typh 172
    im really keen on zip 17's i was thinking of puttin my engine in a zip instead actually

12. star-172

star-172 New Member

Rides:
    Donkey
    Martin knights 1 is a killer, Your lights look ok like that but u will need led coz they will melt man.

13. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

link to martins i wanna see the beast lol

14. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit

thats my problem, i absolutely hate and always have hated the handlebar mounted headlight, its ugly and spoils the look of a zip in my opinion.
    quite keen on a handlebar conversion purely as i have never had one or done one, was just thinking of mounting a car fog light underneath the front pan as i took the muddy off

15. LEE

LEE Member

anyone thought about trying to cut a stock headlight in maybe an old sr one or summin would be best suited thing halogens etc.. will never pass an mot for many reasons angle of the light etc unless you ob put the stndard headlight back for the mot am i right in thinking tat a 50 headlight only needs on off not dip etc

16. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ye plenty people "french" in lights from other bikes.. its an OLD term derived from 50's hotrods. but ye more than possible.. it needs no ajustment providing its not WAY off hight wise.. needs a headlight only, no need for sides or dipped (most are made like this now, nice an cheap)

joe's browns used 2 universal lights bolted to the frame with 2 simple holes through the front. looks REALLY nice how he did it tho, cant find the project zip website now (unless he now makes stickers, as it does look that way)

17. star-172

star-172 New Member

Rides:
    Donkey

Il get you a pic man, The thing is absolutely fast and looks the NUTZ

18. star-172

star-172 New Member

Rides:
    Donkey
    This is the pics!

[​IMG]

And new panels!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Helmet !

[​IMG]

19. LEE

LEE Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. m1ck_t

Rides:
    alot of shit
    lovelly jubly , i think the kids thread has been officially hijacked by ss :rofl: