Zip 2t 50cc air cooled conversion to water cooled?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by AlfieJJ, Mar 19, 2020.

1. AlfieJJ

AlfieJJ New Member

Rides:
    2002 Zip 2 Stroke
    hi, been doing some research on here and not many folk seem to be talking about it or doing it would anyone be able to help me in what i would need to convert my 2t air cooled zip to water cooled and how much the process would cost and how i would go about it if i did it myself or took it to a garage for doing thanks.

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Why would you convert a 50 to LC? They don't run that hot.

3. AlfieJJ

AlfieJJ New Member

Rides:
    2002 Zip 2 Stroke
    cos im planning on getting everything for it malossi mhr 70kit and all top parts and been told they can overheat and a friend of mine had a problem wit his after few upgrades

4. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

I’d rather have the air cooled!

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Get your jetting right and it won't overheat.
    You know top fuel drag cars are not liquid cooled?
    Plenty of bikes run just fine with no water cooling.
    My 25hp cub is air cooled....

6. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

Well my guess is that lc and ac is the same engine, theres some work to it. And buying of alot of parts. Sealants, i dint know if you might have to change the crank bearings after dissassembly, And taking the engine apart and assemble. And is there a water heat indicator on the ac dash. If you want that you might have to sort that out. You can also sell your ac and buy a lc. If its something your really passionate about, or just for the learning. Otherwhise Id go with scubabiker suggestion and just go ac.

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

So essentially. The LC is the same. The water pump mounts where the fan mounts on the AC. So you need a water pump, the rubber things that drive it, cylinder, radiator, hoses and a temp guage I guess. Although if you have a new thermostat with the cylinder/head it's not really that important to have a temp guage.
    If you are asking what parts you need to convert to LC, I wouldn't advise to actually do it....
    But now if anyone searches at least they have an answer.

8. AlfieJJ

AlfieJJ New Member

Rides:
    2002 Zip 2 Stroke
    yeah based on what ur saying ill just keep ac for now its got upgarded jets on it and a malossi clutch atm everything else standard oh and upgraded or new reeds

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

There is no such thing as "upgraded jets"... Just saying...