Zip 125 jetting

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by KidBilly, Apr 4, 2014.

1. KidBilly

KidBilly Active Member

Rides:
    Zip 125
    Hey guys,

Recently I've had my belt, rollers and exhaust changed, Belt & rollers are Malossi, the new exhaust:

[​IMG]

Therefor I think I need to upjet slightly to suit the new exhaust, belt and rollers.

My problem been is, I've no idea what the standard size jet is what I am running now, and what different size jet I should try, has anyone any ideas what the standard size jet is?

Thanks.

2. KidBilly

KidBilly Active Member

Rides:
    Zip 125
  3. turbovetto

turbovetto Well-Known Member

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    hi
    Your new exhaust is nothing special. I would take it for a gentle 3/4 throttle run and then have a look at the spark plug colour. If it's grey, then upjet.

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if he takes it on a 3/4 throttle run, it wont even be USING THE MAINJET!!!!!!! some people. dont just guess!!

take the jet out/look in a manual for stock jetting? pipes stock replacment, wont need an upjet.. even if it does it will be 2 sizes up at most.

5. turbovetto

turbovetto Well-Known Member

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Minor
    you done any research on me? Coz if you had, you'd know I don't guess. If I don't know I shut up.
    I advised a gentle run because full throttle is not a good idea until you know where you are going. and 3/4 throttle is enough to give you colour on the plug without breaking anything. At 3/4 throttle you're out of the slow circuit zone and into the needle zone- true. But the needle zone is influenced by the size of the main jet as well - especially if it's the wrong size, unless your needle is way up high with a low clip position. Saying you're 'not using the main jet' at 3/4 throttle is like saying that the slow circuit/needle/main jet are completely separate entities and have no interaction at all. Which, as you know (I have done a little research on you) - is not true.
    Obviously if the colour is ok, and not grey, a full blast plug chop is the next step.
    Peace.