Your reasons for owning a scooter?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by tErr0, Dec 4, 2006.

1. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    i like travelling and my scoot is cheap to run. does 80mph and its a godsend on the way to work with all the traffic :pimp:

2. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

Are you re-ferring to my cyl head ;)

yeah you have to run a vernier cam pulley(a type of adjustable cam pulley)
    when you have that much skimmed off a pinto cyl head..

It brings the 2 pulleys closer together, so you have to tighten the jockey wheel more to put the correct tension on the cam belt which in turn pulls the top pulley around re-tarding the cam timeing.

you can then advance the cam back to a more suitable setting :pimp:

3. Goodship1002

Goodship1002 New Member

wanted a ped when i was 14 so saved up my paper round money for 2 years to get one, had a suzuki AY 50 katana for a year, then sold it and got a Suzuki AP50 and an old MZ 125... got bored of those so i bought a vespa ET4 125 which i still have today, but in Jan this year i got a Runner SP125, what i'd always wanted since i was 14... now im 22 and dont want a car as im having so much damn fun.... bike test in a few months so i can take off the L plates and get a Big boy bike to go with my runner, wont leave the scooter scene ever.

4. steve-k

steve-k New Member

couple of my mates had a ped and i wanted one to get to work on and to generally have fun on it :D

thing is thought....its such a good laugh especially when there are about 12 of us owt lmao :w00t: everyones just like oh no....its a ped crew lol

i arnt bothered what people think etc. at the end of the day i have a ped because its the only vehicle i can legally ride at 16 years old. it gets me about, i enjoy going on B roads with my mates and generally looking after my ped because i love doing things up and having a standard ped sat on my drive was never going to be an option.

its also great to see people's faces in their cars when you blast by them doing more than 35mph on a ped and then just dissapear into the distance because their just like " how is he doing them sort of speeds on a 49cc :confused:arc: "

im sure many people agree that peds are great and it gets them about well although having big L plates on display can get annoying :emb:

steve

5. Goodship1002

Goodship1002 New Member

nah you see thats just the funny side, sitting at traffic lights on ya ped, got a annoyin L plate on the back, and the person in the car behind ya is just worring that if he gets stuck behind you, he'll be doing 30mph for the next 3miles...

then the lights go green, and within 20 seconds he cant see you anymore, and he asks himself 'did that little scooter just accelerate faster than i can?'

thats the best... apart from 8 times out of 10, the guy sat behind a scooter WOULD be doing 30mph behind some lil pop pop scooter.

good job i'm in Milton Keynes to shock people sometimes.

6. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

Initially, I hated the simple look of them and the fact that they could only do embarrasing speeds. I only bought one to get to work faster and be an envy to my mates

but when I heard about how you can derestricted them and tune every single part of the engine up, thats when the fun started to begin, the nervous feeling I used to get before I went on the road to work or to school was chilling - but aswome!

one thing that still fails to impress me today is when I over take cars, boy-racer-hatch-backs, faster vehicles and skip the traffic queue for 100 yards or so - now that brings a smile to my face all the time :D :D :D

now I dont think I will ever, ever leave the scooter scene after being a car-freak when I was young

7. lay-16

lay-16 New Member

i own a scooter because i cba to walk everywhere and i wanted to get one becasue my cuzion had one and i would get one before most people in my school could :w00t: and they can beat the traffic some times :D

8. JaYxSRx172cc

JaYxSRx172cc New Member

A..men to that........you not have to sit in traffic :D

9. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    well ive always liked anything with two wheels, much to the disliking of my family but i never let that stop me :p got my first ped wen i was 14 fixed it ,sold it ,got my runner, fixed it ,rode it,, been hooked ever since :D

10. ~PaUl..AeRoX~

~PaUl..AeRoX~ New Member

wey nowt else to ride at the age of 16, always wanted one, no sitting around in traffic :p and like riding round with mates

11. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    off the subject but still relevent, use a larger jockeyt wheel as the increased load on the mount WILL cause it to bend/snap meaning belts replaced at shorter intivals and potentially a dead engine.

12. Martin

Martin New Member

i just love two wheels, period. dont care if its a scoot or a motorbike. main choice is scoot because i messed about with them alot when i was 14 and using them on fields. i just grew to like them.

13. numanoid1704

numanoid1704 New Member

runner 125 fx

i have ridden loads of mopeds,scooters, and bikes from 650 to 50cc.but riding my runner is just absolute fun.plus i get lots of 50,s trying it on at the lights and because i wear a reflective jacket and look old (to them) the look on there faces when i leave them behind,priceless

14. LDOUBLEEDS

LDOUBLEEDS New Member

iv loved two wheels ever since i was little so having dirt bikes and so on up to sixteen was getting boring just been on fields and so on so i thought i would get a scooter to go to school on, i even set a trend at my school i bought a scooter and another 5 lads and 2 lasses bought them after realizing walking is for fat people.

15. kishan

kishan New Member

owning a bike is cheaper than having a car or using public transport and more fun :p

16. overthespeedo

overthespeedo New Member

because im a lazy fuck and cant be arsed walking , and i like fixing them up lol

17. Martin

Martin New Member

because you cant do wheelies in a car unless its a mini cooper with a rear mr2 engine conversion!

18. wasman

wasman New Member

Have had a scooter since the late 70's early 80's, first got one to go to work on, but then realised it was more than just a form of transport it was going to be more like a way of life, have owned anything from a Honda Melody to a Lambretta, currently own a Vespa P200, only use it for fun as I also own a Clio and a Corsa, so to sum up, the reason for having a scooter, well why not !!

19. darrenn

darrenn Member

used to fuck about with gopeds, total waste of time and money imo as illegal on the uk roads. always was really into downhill mtb's, thought to myself fuck riding im 16 get a ped. back in april i got a vivacity, kitted that out, now got myself an aerox. dunno what ill do when im 17 probs get a car and keep the aerox cos theres so much you can do to them (if i knew how!!)..

darren.

20. the eel

the eel New Member

The convenience, and I love to fook around with angry 2strokes (and turbo sumpers).

Been grinding 2smokes since I was a chipper, (come from an old boatrace family) and used to illegally get around on a 250 spacy when they were new @ 14yrs old.

Compared to what I usually play with, scooters are cheep to mod and heaps of fun. :D

I also love to smoke the boy racers in their rice burning schitbox sss pulsars etc. off the line.