Your reasons for owning a scooter?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by tErr0, Dec 4, 2006.

1. pricey

pricey Member

I wanted one because its much easier than walking, loads of fun and i knew if i didnt i would regret it when i am older and have a car.

No regrets about getting one, just the one iv got when its playing up :eh:

2. neosman

neosman Member

I just was dying to get on the road, and know i could just pop out and see mates. Also once I found that you could tune them.....

:w00t:

3. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

I'll add to my main reason.

I started being into peds since i was 13ish my brother got me into them. I've wanted one ever since and my brother owned and fixed quite a few a long time before his 16th.

Me and my brother got a Typhoon 125 frame when i was 14 and built it into a complete bike from the frame up.

Heres an old arse pic of it.

[​IMG]

Spanking pear white and blue inner panels. :cool:

When i lived in Brixton every day my house had a good 10 odd peds outside it and loads of parts inside it. My brother was the local mechanic for everyone.

[​IMG]

I decided to leave the mechanics to my brother. Helping out when he needed it. I turned to reading up on everything i could get my hands on. Learning how peds worked and how to make them go faster. Learning about every bike avaliable. (I had a choice of ANY brand new 50cc at 16.)

I've seen the changes in the ped scene and the good and bad bits about it. So don't think that just because i joined into the online forum/ped scene later than quite a few people that i don't know anything. :nerd:

4. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

well... when i was younger (from about 8ish) all my mates had a motorbike or some sort... some had peds that were well.... never mind, and some had gopeds, mini moto's, mx bikes, pit bikes, etc. i occasionally rode the rev n go's but after a go on a dodgy c90, i couldnt get higher than 2nd gear so noone ever trusted me on a geared bike lol.. altho i wanted a bike of my own

unfortunately my mom had other ideas and basically told me id never have a motorbike while i lived under her roof :(

my first ever ped that i rode was a jog R, was great fun to ride so i made it my mission to own one lol (at this time i was 12)

my first vehicle was a goped, i basically said to my mom i wanted an electric scooter, and she didnt like the idea of it being on charge so said i could have a petrol one, i learned how this worked pretty quickly and then progressed onto other gopeds, eventually stripping small 2 stroke engines, and all that

from there i had my own shed so had a few more options rofl had some mini moto's, a mini motard crosser and other bits n bobs.

last november i got offered a jog r for ?50, jumped at the chance. although i was only 14 at the time i erm... yeah rode round illegally for like 2 weeks, got caught but the copper was sound, at this time my mom didnt actually know i owned it lol but the police officer let me off but told me not to ride it

i didnt wanna get rid of it so i kept it as a project, i liked it as its the first ped i ever rode all that time ago, fun and for ages ive just wanted to be able to ride wherever the fuck i like... no public transport, scrounging lifts, walking, riding a pushbike or taking a goped and constantly being paranoid about police on my ass

the life story of samjac68 :bird:

5. laydeez_man172

laydeez_man172 New Member

lovely story grandad @ tErr0 :D :w00t: thats more or less the same reason for me too. but i have always loved bikes from since i was like three cos my grandad used to ride them and ive always said i was going to get one. so i started of with an NRG (tErr0 that nrg looks nice!) painted and had a few problems with that so i got my typh 172 which has given me a lil bit more to my name (as in people would say... Chefon and he owns that typh 17 innit) so far so i plan on making it EXTREMLY FAST because of this :ped: . i loved the attention i used to get when riding my NRG outside school and my college? everyone runs to the windows when i leave! i LOVE it :bird: :ped:

6. SpAnNeR

SpAnNeR New Member

pretty much same as chefon except for the fact that ive had scooters since i was about 12,owned all sorts of tuned scoots and did my full test thinking to move on,got another runner and realised i cant leave scooters,so cheap and so much fun,ideal for pissing off boyracers and showing up the r1 riders doing shit wheelies at meetups,known as the wheelie kid in my area and actually get acknowledged at meetups now lol.

good cheap fun.
    carl

7. Major Rel14b1lty

Major Rel14b1lty New Member

Basicaaly intrested in any engine since i could crawl. Wherether its a clapped out thing that doesnt really work, or a fuking 4 ltr lump. Could even be a electric car

Got a pitibike when i was younger after saving up pocket money for ages.
    Stripped it rebuilt it, bore it up changed things like exhaust ect.
    Got it pretty quick. Taught me about how carbs work, jetting gears ect. It was a semi-auto 110cc.

Few months before my 16th i was buzzin couldnt wait to get a ped.

But had no money.

Eventually i found a speedy at a good price for what it is. Went to see my dad and had words with him, he then lent me the money to get the speedfight i saw going for a good price.

Fixed it up and loved the freedom. Now i have loads of mates and famnily that have bikes and drive cars and i ended up being the one on the slow bike :(

So now i need to get every last bit of speed out of it.

Was doing great untill my 70 bore started tappin.
    But yer i love engines and the scooter scene is growing on me bigtime.
    Want to be a mechanic :D

8. JakeSP

JakeSP New Member

Been into bikes since i was about 12, Dad and Stepdads influence mainly.

Got a runner 50 for next to nothing, Unregistered and a few bits missing to do up for when i was 16. It was assumed i'd get rid of it after a year (i did) and get a 125 bike and do my A2...Ended up with an SP 180 project, Was nowhere near finished so got myself a runner FX short after my 17th, Converted that to a 180, Then a dragster and a neo's project.

Now i've a Typhoon 125 and the Dragster still :p Doing my A2 soon but i cant see me ditching the scooters :bird:

Also went through a phase of wanting a car and got a VW Caddy, Kinda sits outside getting work done to it occasionally but i love my scooters too much :w00t:

EDIT: Also did up/rode bikes before i was on the road, A few DT's, an XL125, Cagiva WMX 250, Yamaha 350 big bear quad, Mini Moto, Honda Melody and a simpson bike, Also rebuilt some crosser engines for the folks round here.

9. SMF_12

SMF_12 New Member

cos i WAS 16 :w00t:

10. Sleaze Phonikz

Sleaze Phonikz New Member

...You can't beat the feeling of flying down a road with a gang of ped's behind!... All Raw Sounding, Overtaking law-abiding wallies and turning heads!
    For years i've been modding goped engines, i dropped a SIKK crank, race pipe and K&N filter on my goped sport (One of Four) So as soon as i turnt 16...a typh was the one!

11. skatergod

skatergod New Member

well i had to go skating at 6 in the morning then get to college at 9 so used my bike to go skating.. get home eat breakfast then go college.... ride back home and mabe to my gfs house or skating again.... cheaper then buses :cool: :bird: fuckin hate buses!!!!

12. jenny

jenny New Member

why i ride a scooter

About 5 years ago my hubby said why not get a scooter for work? i lol and said , no bloody way! then my friend married a so called "proper biker" and he suggested she get a scooter, and then i thought well if she can !!!!! and so i did, i did a cbt and got myself a 125, after 30 miles i slipped on some gravel, it took me about 2 months to get my confidence back, but now i love it!! i am now thinking of getting a honda SH300i i always remember when i did my CBT the instructer said to me "ok Jenny whats more fun that or sex" lol and i said this wins hands down!!!! lol, so any ladies out there, dont think about it DO IT!

13. RTLKyuubi

RTLKyuubi New Member

I hate fucking public transport and im not old enough to drive a car :p

Ryan.

14. skatergod

skatergod New Member

my main reason was bens mum lives so far away...so i needed to get to her house in like 15 mins whenever she rang me up.... ;) aint that right ben! and he would always make me a cup of tea after bless him!

15. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    My mum has plenty of love to give, so what?

and she already told you she'd give you bus money anyway.

16. skatergod

skatergod New Member

yeh but i told her the bus would take me like 40 mins.... and when she wanted it.... SHE WANTED IT...

17. Ciaran

Ciaran Active Member

Cars suck :)

Bikes are faster and more fun.
    Scooters are easy to thrash.
    Geared 50's suck so twist and go is the best way to go.
    and i got a runner 125 for £50 so geared 125's were too pricy :p

18. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

I agree

19. Ciaran

Ciaran Active Member

Too easy to speed on a scooter though!

You just ride with the throttle half way and your doing 50-60mph.

I speed less on the ZX6R

20. floppydodo

floppydodo New Member

because i cant sell it!