Your reasons for owning a scooter?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by tErr0, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Simplicity to a tee!,2-wheeled grin factory!!,taught me more about mechanics and the more in depth stuff then i've ever imagined ,
    cause i'm seriously finding myself wanting to keep it on road as best as i'm able.....

2. amsterdamaged

amsterdamaged New Member

Rides:
    peugeot jet force 50
    mainly to commute to work and back ,but the more I go on it the more I love it .
    the speed I can get into Manchester city centre is amazing
    what took over an hour ,stuck in traffic and the waiting for busses ,now takes 15 mins door to door
    no more rush hour :)

3. Cockers

Cockers I hate speedfights

I do mechanics at college, which gave me a little bit of a head start - but i've found scooters to be a new kettle of fish but it's improved my abilities and knowledge!

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Different kettle of fish certainely agree with!,mechanics and design you deff. have to work your head around!,difference 'tween 'sprockets/variators -eek.at 1st. :) .
    Love a scooters compact design/love it - took an complete motor 'round bike shop the other day in my small rucksack (after i'd done my shopping 1st),thought that was so cool/weight was minor.
    No matter what i do in future i'll always have scooter knocking about!. :) .

Cockers likes this.
  5. Cockers

Cockers I hate speedfights

It's something I think I'll have knocking about in the garage even if its in bits being built up! think When I come to sell my speed fight It will be a loss of money but fun to build up to what I want it to be! breaks it up from working on cars all the time!

6. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Unfortuneatly not blessed with a garage,however a fully dismantled (cleaned/for the most part),wrapped in newspaper - 50,fits very nicely in my downstairs cupboard (am so looking forward to opening door one day,gird my loins sitch).
    Relate to your cost/loss issue moving on your s/flight,cept in my case want be worried 'bout spending on my 1st ped as never selling ever!

7. TyphRider

TyphRider Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio typhoon 70cc
    my reasons for owning a scooter, well at 13 i got a dirtbike that i loved, the police took it off me :( so when i turned 16 got a little 50cc (Chinese) hated it could only do 32 mph, i then went off of bikes but a offer that was to good to turn down came my way, got a nrg 125 for £100 couldnt argue it ran and ran well used it to go to college every day then i ended up crashing. got a typhoon 50 and love it although im 18 now i still love this little 50cc so cheap and so easy to piss cars off ;)

8. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Never,ever got tired of blowing cars off at the lights on my wee little 'restricted 'ped......
    not so much fun after hitting a 40mph zone an having an irate 4x4 owner practically up my jacksy-
    made even more livid by the insane grin on my muggins. :) .

TyphRider likes this.
  9. TyphRider

TyphRider Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio typhoon 70cc
    its even worse when you have to use a roads and cars are doing 70mph and coming close to my backwheel, but then back to the traffic lights they cant catch up so still smiling at the end of the day :)

10. sean85730

sean85730 Member

Rides:
    Pulse lightspeed 2
    I kinda live in the middle of nowhere, I love to travel, and car insurance was somewhere between extortion and inpossible! so two wheels it was, CBT then a week later I got my peggy ped (speedflight) and I LOVE her, even though she is still on running in after her rebuild! wouldnt trade for four wheels! :)

11. Sternheart

Sternheart Two wheels rock

Am just annoyed with busses all the time, I mean by walking to the stop, then waiting and stuck with the root it travels on, oh yeh, THE DAM COST OF THE DAY TICKETS.

12. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D
    because they piss of the police.

lol i did my DAS then i got my ass banned :( and right now i dont want to spend £500 again so i ride the too's but i had 2 too's even when i had my bandit, i just love the little buggers

13. supraking

supraking Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    work has said i can no longer park my car in the 'customer' car park, its been fine for the last 10 years so i dont see how things will change.
    and as i dont trust my car to be parked any where but in my sight, ive been cycling to work for a month and the mrs takes the car now.

cycling swiftly got boring after i got rained on the first time. so have moved my way to a ped. almost cheaper than walking/cycling and ill get to work less sweaty :)

14. LuckBoy

LuckBoy New Member

To be honest at first I loved my scooter, but after a while it got boring and I started to hate the thing! I just like to read about them.

15. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Why hate?,
    Even when my 1st was falling to pieces around me,
    was still making me laugh my n..s off!. :) .

16. creaky

creaky New Member

Takes me to work, takes me on holiday, carries all my shopping. Why would I want anything else?

17. chriscam13

chriscam13 Member

Purely for the fun of building it and for a bit of messing about!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

18. speedy-demon

speedy-demon ■□■□■□■□■□■□

Rides:
    Like a pro
    For search and destroy missions.. i will destroy your pride with one twist of the wrist!

19. mourneman

mourneman Member

Rides:
    VivaCity 50cc
    £100 a month fuel for my l200 versus £15 a month for my scoot no contest really besides its great fun to ride

speedy-demon likes this.
  20. Tom Darbyshire

Tom Darbyshire New Member

Rides:
    1998 Yamaha Aerox
    Because i'm 16 and I cant have anything else haha ... It's fun having a little pocket rocket