Yamaha neos 50/70 carb issues!

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Tomas Donovan, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Tomas Donovan

Tomas Donovan New Member

I've got a 2001 yamaha neos with a 70 kit and exhaust runs decent but top end is lacking and got a strange splitter issue I canter work out! I've put a 110 jet in and the air box and it runs but has no power so put the pod filter on and now when it gets to like 45/50mph it stutters like on and off the throttle but I'm pinned no matter what I do it’s constantly doing that ‍♂️ pecking my head!
    I had a similar problem with my aerox I had a year or so ago except on that you’d be riding along at 35mph (only had a shaved head and bored out to 55cc) and just splutter and die come to a stop kick it over a few times and it would come back to life that was the float bowl not filling up fast enough? Would it be an idea to go down to like a 90/95 jet and use the air box and see if it stops doing it? Any one else has a similar issue?

THANKS!

2. Tomas Donovan

Tomas Donovan New Member

3. Lukash

Lukash Member

Rides:
    SR125
    Way too rich for airbox, too lean for pod filter. Yeah I'd put the airbox on and go down to somewherein the 90-95 range

4. Tomas Donovan

Tomas Donovan New Member

I’ve got a 90 jet and the stock airbox on it and it’s still doing the same thing it couldn’t perhaps be the plug failing under heat and compression?