Yamaha Neos 4T 4 stroke tuneing

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by mermoto, Apr 10, 2013.

1. mermoto

mermoto New Member

OK guys,

Just purchased a little Neos 4T. So obviously it is restricted and after lots of searching I found very little about improving top speed. I have not checked the variator for the obligatory spacer as I believe there isn't one fitted to these machines from new. There is clearly a restriction on the CDI box as this can be felt when going down hill with the scooter holding back. I have read that a change of variator to the Yamaha Giggle variator may change the height that the belt runs at and in effect makes it pull a longer gear giving a slight increase in speed. I have seen a Polini performance piston/barrel but this is out of the question because of cost.

So has anyone found out how to derestrict this engine?

Thanks

Mermoto

2. mermoto

mermoto New Member

so anyone used the Malossi variator for the Neos 4T? is it gearing the bike slightly taller to improve top speed? I emailed all the main suppliers but none of them seem to know and there is no details on the manufacturers sites :(

3. paul_h

paul_h New Member

sounds like its the variator same as my Honda nsc50r..mine had the same symptoms held back while going doing hills too and max speed of 28mph.
    I fitted the malossi variator and now it doesn't hold back and hits 35 with ease.should do a bit more once run in.

4. paul_h

paul_h New Member

5. Elis

Elis New Member

Wich malossi variator did u use?