Yamaha Neos 4 CDI Derestriction

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Jake Baxter, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Jake Baxter

Jake Baxter New Member

I have a 2011 Yamaha Neos 4 Stroke, I would like to derestrict it, I have looked for a variator washer which is no existent. I have also looked for a restrictor in the exhaust and cannot find anything. Im no mechanic but from what I can see there is nothing restricting flow on the exhaust or a tube. So I think that it may be restricted electronically by the CDI but don't know where it is or which wire to cut or if I need to buy a new one that isn't restricted. Hope someone can help, thanks a lot in advance Jake.

2. paddy kelly

paddy kelly New Member

Think you would need a derestricted cdi mate shed be under seat bucket

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

fun fact. if you change the variator, you will get better top speed (around 45mph), but the ECU is still restricted, you can get a yamaha dealer to remove the restrictor, providing they have the right kit. they are mapped to top out at a certain RPM, when you plug it into the OBD, you can make it rev higher and give more fuel.
    source: ive done it.

4. Elis

Elis New Member

ive got a yamaha neos 4t, made 2017 or 2018. And i am intrested in derestricting it a bit so i get better top speed. 50km/h is kind of bad and i want 60-65 maybe. I was wondering what you mean by changing the variator is. Do you mean the whole variator or taking something out or just re arange the weights.

5. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

Changing to twostroke will de restrict it ;)

6. Ben27

Ben27 New Member

I was just wondering I’ve got a 2017 neos where would the OBD port be?

7. Ben27

Ben27 New Member

Where would the OBD port be on my neos

8. Ben27

Ben27 New Member

Did u get your neos derestricted?

9. Elis

Elis New Member

I am going to change de variator in august. It will not derestrict it, only the variator restriction. But as far as i know the ecu restriction is still functioning but the new variator gets is to about 80 km/h even with the hard restrictions of the ecu. If you want to de restrict the ecu you need to go to a yamaha center and get it remapped. And i dont think they do that. But they are the only ones with the software.

I can write a new answer to you when ive tried to change the variator. Maybe it will work, maybe not but if it works its worth the investment. Just dont get caugt by the police :)

10. Elis

Elis New Member

Wich variator did you change it to.