Yamaha Majesty YP250 - Play in exhaust hanger main bush

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Tristan Go, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Tristan Go

Tristan Go New Member

Hi,

Looking for some knowledge on my Maj. 250's exhaust hanger main bush (through which the rear wheel spindle passes).

For recent MoT (new rear tyre) I removed tailpipe and hanger, and then noticed that the bush had quite a bit of movement / play where the rear spindle goes through, - links below to vids I put on Youtube.

Both sides move against the rubber, - the fixed metal bush, and the removal one on the other face.

Simple question - anyone know if it's designed to have some movement, or if it's just worn out?

Thanks!

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Can't view video but it's probably just a worn out bearing, knock it out and any local bearing supplier should have one on the shelf.

3. Tortilla

Tortilla New Member

Hi MARSH,

Many thanks for reply.

Not sure it's a bearing as such? It's metal bushes set in rubber.

I've sorted the videos now if you wanted to have a look?

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    It's a worn bearing, the rubber is a seal to keep grease in, prize the rubber out and you'll see. The bearing is something like a 6204 RS ? Don't quote me on the number but something like.

5. Tortilla

Tortilla New Member

Thanks! I'll have a go at popping out the rubber seal, knocking out the bearing and measuring up for a new one. Thanks for your help on this.