yamaha jog rr wont start

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Ben nevis, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Ben nevis

Ben nevis New Member

i have yamaha jog rr with 17.5 carb on and lighter rollers and that, was drivin down the road yesterday and sundely a POP noise came soundin like it was the veriator and then a tickin noise that stayed withy the rithon of the engine but no exeloration lost, went out on a drive this morning with ma mate and the tickin noise got louder and then lost power and engine cut out, wont start, i have cheakd the head gasket, spark plug, rollers, veriator, reed valve, i have not long had a 17.5 carb fittin on it, iv narowd it down to theres no petrol gettin to the cylinder even tho its back fires ones in a wile when im tryin to start it. iv tryd puttin petrol straight into the carb and its comin straight back out to the air filter nosel. any ideas pls let me know, many thanks :)

2. antman1992

antman1992 Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    Wrong Section

3. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

Hi, welcome to the forum, apparently the problem you attempt to describe is a side effect of not showing up to your english classes in school.

4. steveaerox50

steveaerox50 aprilia owner

Rides:
    1999 aprilia rs125

wrong section fella but sounds like the piston has gone to me

5. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    so it only happened AFTER you put the new carb on...is the noise a metalic tinkle sound or a mechanical ticking noise..mechanical could be reeds..rings..piston slap.or tinkle could be predetonation..(pinking)..bad if its pinking..have a chance of piston breaking its self...when you checked the gaskets did you take the whole top end apart..

6. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    have you got a fat spark,if not...try a new coil too..some times they break down under load.plug needs a bigger spark under compression than in fresh air.weak spark leads to a bad burnig of the mixture of air/fuel in the cylinder and a back fire can occur.if the unburnt gasses don't leave through the exhaust and are pushing back past the reed then your gonna get all sorts of trouble in the carb.
    petrol spitting back of out the carb is not good.. interferes with the incoming mixture and makes every thing worse.not too up on cdi ignitions but if you can borrow another one and try that too..do one thing at a time.so long as you get a good spark and the compresion is good then your half way there..if you give a more detailed noise description someone might have a better idea but these things are so simple that when something goes wrong it can be a pain to fix.good luck.
    t

7. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Reeds, rings, piston, check in that order.

8. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R

This guy cracks me up:rolleyes:

9. Jog_RR_madhead

Jog_RR_madhead Trainee bike mechanic in need of assistance

Rides:
    Direct bikes Lynx
    sounds to m
    like your piston is hitting the cylinder head maybe your gasket is worn. had same happen to me and it turned out to be a compression issue and piston hitting top end. replaced the cylinder head and gaskets and got it running again. hope this helps