Yamaha Jog 50cc Stripped & Stretched

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by BunnyMum, Apr 8, 2017.

1. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Clean the choke jet in the float bowl, you can just use an airline

2. BunnyMum

BunnyMum BunnyMum (aka Northcust)

Rides:
    YZF-R125 (180cc)
    weird thing is nothing whatsoever changed on the carb...I did one seal and it ran, did the other and it didn't. I guess I messed something up on the seal maybe...and it's had more solvent through the carb it today then ever before I think lol. brand new carb too so not crusty at all.

tbh I think I'm over it - I'm in this for the building, not fannying around with trying to get it to run for weeks on end. I've done the building, might let someone with experience to just sort the running. I have no real interest in "mastering" carbs - they're just a necessary stop on the way to injection.

It's running no battery though so I need it to run properly before I can sort the electrics and get it MOTd

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Carbs are not overly complicated, works kinda the same way as a paint gun.
    You shouldn't really use easy start on a 2 stroke, could be that thats killed it?

4. BunnyMum

Rides:
    YZF-R125 (180cc)
    Turns out the variator-side crankcase seal wasn't in properly, replaced and I think it runs now \o/. Was only able to test briefly since ran out of petrol, and my car's still in the shop so can't get more easily. It was definitely making more signs of life than before though.

Once it's running again, if it smokes as much as it did before I might have to revert back to the original oil pump. The performance one seems to deliver too much oil...but i've done that side recently so shouldn't be a major issue to sort. Once it's running i can sort the wiring and get her towards road legal woo!

5. BunnyMum

Rides:
    YZF-R125 (180cc)