Yamaha CW 50 Spy/CW50RS handlebar cowling help

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by yammyspy, Apr 18, 2017.

1. yammyspy

yammyspy New Member

Hello,
    I am in need of some help taking off the handlebar cowling for my bike as whenever I have tried to take it off, it seems there is something towards the bottom holding it in like a screw. Below the handle bar on the side there is a big screw type bolt going through from one side to the other but I have not tried to undo it as I did not know what I was meddling with and to what it could affect so I kept well away. I've attached a pic of the diagram showing the screws and pieces you have to take the cowing piece off but for the life of me I cannot take the piece off and it's driving me mad could it be the long screw going through one side of the other cowling to the other and it is holding the top piece in place?

Sorry for the vague detail but hopefully the diagram should help what needs to be done to take the cowling off.

[​IMG]

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Remove both wing mirrors
    remove two screws number four from top face of cowling
    remove two number 5 at lower bottom of cowling

the front cowl should now come way you may have to give it a wiggle to free it from its mounting points

3. yammyspy

yammyspy New Member

I will try this but I will send a pic of what mine looks like as i think this may differ a small bit as mine seems to have the same cowling but I am trying to figure out what screws would be what on mine. I will post a picture soon as.

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    okie dokies , and let me say welcome to the scooter shack yammyspy

5. yammyspy

yammyspy New Member

Thanks Tamiyacowboy, will have a pic up soon as this is bugging me a bit now :oops: