Yamaha bws ng 50cc '06

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Aaronp88, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Aaronp88

Aaronp88 New Member

Hi I have a yamaha 50cc billy wiz and im doing it up I so far have installed new sport head and cylinder kit with upgraded 17.5mm carb with deristricted intake manifold and sport pipe sports clutch with 3.0g rollers ..basically ive obtained the high speed I was after and am struggling to keep the acceleration is this a normal sacrifice or can anyone suggest any ways I can increase the acceleration without losing too much top end ..I have been considering an up gear kit but without taking my transmission apart cannot do the math and work out if it would even wprk or waste of time and money ..any suggestions welcome thanks Aaron Pearce

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Rollers are too light. The engine needs to make and maintain the power to keep those light rollers thrown out, I am guessing you are seeing some loss of power going up hills. Slightly heavier rollers balanced out with slightly stronger clutch springs should keep the acceleration you want off the line as well as keeping the top speed. Just remember that whatever you do to it, it isn't going to go eleventybillion miles an hour, regardless of what speed your clocks say you are going.

3. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Just get a complete variator kit like the Malossi multivar it will transform the way it performs... leave the clutch springs stock

You won’t look back :)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018